• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 9-15 | Mikrotransaktions™

Shaheen victory pose

YdMhU.gif

That gif's over 60 megs.

60 megabytes?! How is that even possible?? I feel bad whenever gifs that I make are over 10 megabytes.
So, now I use Imgur to make pseudo "webm" gifs.

That aside, Thursday will be a good day for fighting games. We get to see streams which will give us detailed looks at Kitana and Reptile(and maybe others) for Mortal Kombat X, and Aganos in Killer Instinct.

YOU TRYING TO KILL US, PRIVATE?

GIVE ME 50 DP MOTIONS ON 2P SIDE ON THE DOUBLE

I thank you for the hearty laugh. This applies to so many different fighters. "Give me 50 just frame Demolition Mans on the double!"

from Wonkey:

@Flying_Wonkey: Lucky Chloe's gameplay design is based on being flashy and button inputs having a 'rhythm.' Her stronger techniques require timed inputs.

@Flying_Wonkey: It'll be like playing a music rhythm game, the more correct timed inputs you get, the more flips and twirls she does.

...So how about that Shaheen?

hitsugi

Furbies are worth something like $25..... new in box..

Lucky Chloe is shaping up to be everything people hoped for in a fighting game >.>

Horseress

from Wonkey:

@Flying_Wonkey: Lucky Chloe's gameplay design is based on being flashy and button inputs having a 'rhythm.' Her stronger techniques require timed inputs.

@Flying_Wonkey: It'll be like playing a music rhythm game, the more correct timed inputs you get, the more flips and twirls she does.

Interesting....don't think I'll play her but I'm very curious about dem "rhythm" combos

About the better graphics, that probably won't come out until March. Looking forward to see it on a video

xezuru

If only we could get a CvS3 scale crossover game without developers/publishers loosing their licenses before scenes even start their downward spiral.

Dahbomb

T7 looking better graphically. The new character looks better in-game than his art to me, as well. Interest increasing.

:-O

But only Magneto? :-/
Yea it's a new application of the Repulsion guard cancel glitch. Storm doesn't have it despite having basically the same move.

Beckx

Anybody copping - ̗̀ New ̖́- 3DS XL? Should improve the portable Smash experience.

Yeah, there are real improvements for Smash and MonHun4, quality of life stuff like booting and closing faster, etc.

Plus if you have no friends now you can pretend. :(

B9qGJ0jIQAIt5AN.jpg

Oh, at least on the Japanese model, you can tweet and upload images from Smash.

B9qbVcVCMAA-us-.jpg

.la1n

from Wonkey:

Well I was saying a while back that it would be awesome to have a bemani style rhythm input to a fighting game character. Have to say this makes my interest in her go from don't care to very interested.

LegatoB

Raging Storm motions aren't THAT hard to do, especially with the HCBx3 "long-cut." Doing them quickly in a pinch is the tricky part.

hitsugi

I had my own made up motion for mashing raging storms out back in the CVS2 days..

SNK specials aren't too bad as long as you don't look at the inputs as they look gross no matter what.

gutabo

When I was playing regularly I could do them as anti-air. >_>

Ditto for Fatal Fury Special. I would argue they are even easier on a keyboard. Now doing them in a combo, that's the tricky part. I remember watching some clips of a japanese Fatal Fury Special tourney some years ago with this insane Geese combo on a crouching Mai:
crossup jumping LK, crouching LK, crouching HP(one hit), raging storm. Saying that I got depressed is an understatement.

AAK

from Wonkey:

Back when I used to post on TekkenZaibatsu I always clamored for a fighter based on Rhythm inputs. I proposed to do that to make either Eddy or Christie rhythm based while the other remains the traditional Tekken style to differentiate them.

Too bad they had to implement that into the worst design I've ever seen in a 3D fighting game.

As for Shaheen Wonkey posted about it in the ATP article:

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2015/2/11/tekken-7-new-gameplay-images-of-shaheen.html

Shaheen's gameplay style is considered 'unique' on the Famitsu page. He has something similiar to a Mist Step which is done by pressing d/f, d/f which will make Shaheen go go low like a tackle stance and move towards the opponent. If you collide with the opponent, Shaheen will transition to a throw attack.

shaowebb

Nah, if we're talking about a team with Ken and Tekkaman in CGoH, trolling would be this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJedtt3Lv0w&t=9m50s

And if anyone is interested in how CGoH plays, watch the whole video. Has a really good Ken the Eagle.

Sweet! Ya know I've been looking over Ken the Eagle a lot lately. I didn't remember seeing a lot of teams use him back in the days of Kbeast, Marn, Jwong and Keits and all that. I knew he was pretty good though, but I kept wondering if he suffered from "spiderman input syndrome" holding back his tourney team presence.

Jury is out on that one. He got played a good bit, but not a lot of folks in Ultimate All Stars were using him as much. Still a little odd that the guy used DP, Reverse DP, and Charge inputs for projectiles, teleports and dash up attacks. Generally those tend to use different inputs entirely...especially the port. Still a fun and cool character though. I really dig his dashes in his combos and trying to link a midair teleport to pick folks back up into an extended air combo.

Rhapsody

Banned
Sweet! Ya know I've been looking over Ken the Eagle a lot lately. I didn't remember seeing a lot of teams use him back in the days of Kbeast, Marn, Jwong and Keits and all that. I knew he was pretty good though, but I kept wondering if he suffered from "spiderman input syndrome" holding back his tourney team presence.

Jury is out on that one. He got played a good bit, but not a lot of folks in Ultimate All Stars were using him as much. Still a little odd that the guy used DP, Reverse DP, and Charge inputs for projectiles, teleports and dash up attacks. Generally those tend to use different inputs entirely...especially the port. Still a fun and cool character though. I really dig his dashes in his combos and trying to link a midair teleport to pick folks back up into an extended air combo.

Yeah, he was really good in CGoH. Even if that invisible glitch is banned, he had good tools and a practical infinite along with good team synergy. Probably one of the best characters. I never used him much in UAS. I think he was okay from what I've heard. Solid character, but nothing that puts him up in the amazing category.

Beckx

Besides, who cares if his inputs are weird, it's Ken the fucking Eagle!

Ken & Joe team da best. FIRE THE BIRD MISSILES

iUEbqvI2cO3o0.jpg

Nyoro SF

Wow. Usually I'm just too focused on the match to look at my opponent's hands. Even then I find listening to their buttons hard too.

I look forward to the release of the next Madcatz product, the Daigoshield.

I closed it after I saw Chemical plant won something

I admit it may not be top 5 but the Chemical Zone song is pretty awesome.
I've always been a big fan of the Sonic 3 minor bosses theme though.
The series has so much good music overall though. Even the cheesy songs about reaching out to the stars and shit is catchy.

mbpm1

Wow. Usually I'm just too focused on the match to look at my opponent's hands. Even then I find listening to their buttons hard too.

I look forward to the release of the next Madcatz product, the Daigoshield.

Yeah I pretty much never have the presence of mind to realize even when an opponent is mashing

shaowebb

OH SHIT! Reptile in Nimble form can use Flash's Speed Force! Also the stackable proximity damage from Noxious using an acid pool will be a fun way to bullshit people in the corner.

Top Bottom