• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 20-26 | I Can't Believe It's Not A Fighting Game

casperOne

Seems unsubstantiated ATM, but that would suck if true. Don't drink Red Bull but from F1 to the Space Jump to their Music Academy, it seems like they're pretty open minded and receptive to things and would make sense to sponsor the FGC.

Also, hasn't Jebailey had Red Bull as a sponsor for CEO for a year or two now? I recall the commentator area having panels with the bull logos last year.

Dahbomb

Whenever Capcom (among plenty of other companies) gets mentioned a lot of people (e.g., Dahbomb, who I think made a good case for why the last time the drama was introduced here) turn into bitter loons actually skewing their own perspective to whatever makes for the most drama (going as far as to confidently, yet completely incorrectly explain Capcom's financials, if not also spout manchild delusions of where childhood IPs should go and how that will turn out to be exactly how they want). It is not so much as defending Capcom, who to be fair do partake in plenty of dumb endeavors (but then who of that size doesn't) and ultimately is just a gathering of talent that I only put stock in for as long as they make games I like (which they still do), as it is trying to expel misguided obsessive fanboy ranting from one's presence. This case of extracting as much hate fuel from a purposefully-misunderstood letter from an exec of little merit or news is just another case of this. The actual subject doesn't matter, these threads all have the same content.

I'm actually annoyed that there's like a handful of people among those who talk about Japanese games here on GAF who don't turn into resentful cretins the moment their ex-girlfriend corporations get brought up. Makes me appreciate the presence of those who don't, or don't often at least, a lot more. Spending this much energy being legit angry over brands and corporations, I just don't know what they put in the water...

Man I don't know why you get worked up over other people getting worked up. Let them vent and release steam.

This trend is going to continue until Capcom releases a legitimately good game. Then it's going to be back to "Capgod".

Also I probably worded it wrong but I was talking about new IPs going forward and their focus in that PR release. Yes I know that they made new IPs this gen but they should've continued at least that much into the next gen. The press release made it seem like their focus for new IP is almost non existent.

Why would Triforce harass a rep for Red Bull? I don't want to assume it's sexual harassment either but that would be an especially bad look.

Seems unsubstantiated ATM, but that would suck if true. Don't drink Red Bull but from F1 to the Space Jump to their Music Academy, it seems like they're pretty open minded and receptive to things and would make sense to sponsor the FGC.

By harass, I mean he was pestering her for money/sponsorship for EMP. The original post, which I can't find, said she got fed up with him and some how she was directed to the "TRIFORCE UNCHAINED" video on youtube which caused her to leave the FGC.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The stuff I was tweeting about... Is pretty significant, and will play into the big picture for the current state/near future. We'll see.

I'm no expert or anything... I'm just a master. ;)

Infinite

At this point any "rumor" that pertains to triforce is probably made up bs. The man has become a scapegoat for various shit. People don't like the guy and he makes it easy to troll him.

MechaX

At this point any "rumor" that pertains to triforce is probably made up bs. The man has become a scapegoat for various shit. People don't like the guy and he makes it easy to troll him.

Unfortunately, Triforce kinda had a big hand in why his reputation is the way it is.

At this point, however, I don't believe a triforce rumor unless it came out of his own mouth (and the dude barely has a filter as it is, so it would have been documented somewhere).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also, hasn't Jebailey had Red Bull as a sponsor for CEO for a year or two now? I recall the commentator area having panels with the bull logos last year.
Hmm, I think I recall NOS but not Red Bull.

By harass, I mean he was pestering her for money/sponsorship for EMP. The original post, which I can't find, said she got fed up with him and some how she was directed to the "TRIFORCE UNCHAINED" video on youtube which caused her to leave the FGC.
That's pretty unfortunate if that was ultimately taken as representative of the FGC. Pestering for sponsorship seems unprofessional in general.

The stuff I was tweeting about... Is pretty significant, and will play into the big picture for the current state/near future. We'll see.

Yeah, sounds like more than sponsorships. Perhaps stream sanctions from publishers.

Take it easy with the gossip, fellas. Leave it at /r/Kappa.
FGW has been the home of FGC gossip since USD made these threads.

for better or for worse

It would be nice to get some more transparency about the situation instead of having it vanish into the æther like everything else people tiptoe around talking about.

Shy not submit a tip to them?

Or just tell us, they'll just source GAF in the article (maybe).

Their streams feel like a friendlier Keystone 2 with some fun marvel teams and, of course, Viscant lessons of life & anecdotes. Usually Parallax Scroll is on it but I always forget. I never see any mention on either front pages.

Riposte

This trend is going to continue until Capcom releases a legitimately good game. Then it's going to be back to "Capgod".

Such as Monster Hunter or Ace Attorney? (I'd argue more, but not all of it seems to be as well received as those two.)

I dunno last Gen I bought and enjoyed
Xbox
Lost Planet
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 2

Wii
Zak and Wiki
Monster Hunter

Wii-U
Monster Hunter

XBL
Bionic Commando -Rearmed

PS3
SF4
SSF4
SF4-AE
Dragon's Dogma & Dark Arisen
DmC

MvC3
UMvC3
Asura's Wrath
Resident Evil 5

PSN
SF3
MvC2
SF2HDR

PSP
Monster Hunter

DS
Ghost Trick
Ace Attorney

3DS
Ace Attorney

Vita
UMvC3

I bought more Capcom Games but I did not enjoy it. (SFxT, Megaman 8 & 9, RE6, Lost Planet 2)

El Sloth

Banned
I already asked in the SSIV thread, but I figure there might be a few here who don't read it: are there any Fei Long players here on PSN? I need the matchup experience.

jbug617

Banned

I could see you needing Capcom permission to do tournaments or maybe streaming games in the future.

Coda

i liked all Capcom games i played last gen. granted, it was only DMC4, DR1 and 2 and RE5, but they were all good stuff.

In my opinion that was mainly the best Capcom had to offer other than fighters. I did like Lost Planet when it came out, game blew me away initially, the 2nd one minus control problems was a fun co-op experience too. Feel like I'm missing a game or two, really should play Remember Me.

Dahbomb

Such as Monster Hunter or Ace Attorney? (I'd argue more, but not all of it seems to be as well received as those two.)
I guess I should've specified "released on a next gen console". Also I haven't played those games to comment on their quality.

Dahbomb

Its gonna take way more than one game, they have released several good games.

Whoo boy.
I am just saying for like your average haters. Most of the haters are usually big fans of one series and if they released let's say... a good Megaman game then a lot of fans would go "OMG return of good Capcom!" Or if they release a good Viewtiful Joe 3.

If Capcom releases a damn good DMC5 I would stop shitting on them temporarily... I mean that's how much good will they need to get back.

The only good thing I can say about Capcom right now is that they are currently the best Japanese game developing company. The only ones close are Platinum games... who are just a couple of blockbusters away from completely over taking Capcom in terms of quality per game released.

Clawww

Chances are they tweaked the distance on the positive z axis relative to the x and y axis so that elements that are closer to the viewport look closer (i.e. bigger) as opposed to actually having the model change.

Regardless of how they did it, the visual touches absolutely make the animation in the game stand out.

it was a bit simpler; what they did was to expand limbs/body parts on certain frames to make the moves pop a bit more. so on a jab, the character's fist will be 1.5x normal size for a frame or two, so that the move stands out more. it works quite nicely.

How many people here would be interested in an FGC mix tape? I have this one hip hop, jazz, funk, all around awesome playlist I'm continuously changing slightly for when I play UMvC3 and other fighters. I love having dope music to play fighters to over stock music. If people were interested I could at least share it as a zip so others could enjoy.

I'm down as fuck. hip-hop/beats just go so well with fighting games, I've always paired the two since I started playing.

Anyone have a mirror of The Switcher's Evo Moment #65?

It's dramatic crowd and player footage from Evo 2009 with Final Fight Revenge footage spliced in as the game they're playing.

Anyone have it? The original link on YT is dead.

Riposte

They will

I hope they bring the MH4 sequel over instead.

I hope Capcom is never deified again. That shit is almost as tiring to read (the worst case being the current "Naughty Gods" and GotY threads) and probably plays a large part in how emotional people get over this pointless drama.

Dahbomb

I want to post in the Tomb Raider gigaton thread but I am scared of being banned.

Still waiting on the EVO line up. I guess Mr Wizard's definitely of "soon" rivals that of Blizzard's definition.

Clawww

I want to post in the Tomb Raider gigaton thread but I am scared of being banned.

Still waiting on the EVO line up. I guess Mr Wizard's definitely of "soon" rivals that of Blizzard's definition.

wow I just checked the front page... LOL

gonna finish my coffee before I dive in there. god it finally fucking happened, I hope there are lots of posts from those people who claim they don't care or can't notice a difference or whatever

Infinite

I hope they bring the MH4 sequel over instead.

I hope Capcom is never deified again. That shit is almost as tiring to read (the worst case being the current "Naughty Gods" and GotY threads) and probably plays a large part in how emotional people get over this pointless drama.

Really? I wonder if they will put it on the Wii-U or Vita.
If anything I do think they will bring over the expansion when it comes out. After the success of tri and ultimate they be fools to not capitalize on that. There won't be a Vita version anytime soon.

Top Bottom