• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 20-26 | I Can't Believe It's Not A Fighting Game

So this afternoon FChamp took to Twitter to say that players work harder than event organizers and streamers.

This evening, FChamp took to Facebook to defend the Blazblue collusion from Frosty Faustings.

For most people, it would be a day of being a complete moron, but for Ryan Ramirez, it was Thursday.

link to facebook bb thing

CurlyW

Not sure if I can link it. I have photos though. So somebody (not Fchamp) posted this status today:

Z1hMYDi.png

Shocking development: Two people who play the same video game and live in the same region of the country are friends. Whatever, it's an idiotic post. Anyway, look who shows up in the comments:

RDdb7Yb.png

E9jsSME.png

Edit: Of course, FChamp's not the only person in that comment thread taking that viewpoint. But he is the only (legitimately) sponsored player taking that viewpoint. Be better.

Clawww

Not sure if I can link it. I have photos though. So somebody (not Fchamp) posted this status today:

Z1hMYDi.png

Shocking development: Two people who play the same video game and live in the same region of the country are friends. Whatever, it's an idiotic post. Anyway, look who shows up in the comments:

RDdb7Yb.png

E9jsSME.png

fgc stupids never fail to impress me

Sigmaah

I think cloud and fchamp are gonna have a ft10 at scr (could be wrong about scr but deff a ft10) I'll find out again to make sure. (Dunno if this has been said or not)

Silky

Banned
I am only half brown.

Yo FGC gaf!

What is your favorite mechanic that got cut out in the next version of a fighting game?I talk stuff about 3rd strike, but I thought the parries we ok. I completly understand why that is gone now though.

T.O.P

So this afternoon FChamp took to Twitter to say that players work harder than event organizers and streamers.

This evening, FChamp took to Facebook to defend the Blazblue collusion from Frosty Faustings.

For most people, it would be a day of being a complete moron, but for Ryan Ramirez, it was Thursday.
Please tell me champ was just trolling as usual.

the way he tweeted after that tweet made it sound like it was more about the volunteers? + certain streamers/commentators?

Like he didn't mean spooky, levelup, iplaywinner, ud/jchen or any of the big people. Atleast that is he he is trying to make it sound like... I think?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
ayano playing :O?!

I personally know almost no producers/directors personally who are good at their own game. Ayano is one of the few, same with Odashima (director of SC5) and Tsujimoto (producer of Monster Hunter). Watching some of the other producers play their own games... wow. :X

Vice

Has Infrit ever done anything of note since Evo 2012 (it was 2012 right? Fuck I can't remember) or not?

I know I shouldn't talk but I'm just wondering, really.

Character crisis. Very solid Nova and Spencer but he can't settle for a third. It's his biggest drawback, whenever I watch TRB he gets bopped because he drops a loop with Strange or Doom or he runs into a terrible Sentinel matchup.

"It's the speed of light, and maybe a little bit of influence from infrastructure depending on where you are. So, if you're playing from Japan against someone in Sweden there will be some lag due to the distance. But it's all quite satisfactory."
- Niitsuma, 2011

First thing I thought too, haha.

casperOne

This is nice, I guess. Catching up to the Iron Galaxy releases. Hopefully this is for 360 too.

Next step? Saving videos locally please.

Reading the article, this is great, IMO. High quality uploads to your YouTube channel is a big win. IG didn't do either of these things with 3SO, and I feel the feature suffered because of it.

I posted as much on SRK about this:

• Enter the YouTube credentials the first time you want to upload. Console authenticates with YouTube via OAuth and stores credentials and/or access token linked to your account on the console for future uploads.
  • Default title for video to be uploaded is "<gamertag1> [<character1>] vs. <gamertag2> [<character2>] <date & time> <platform>". This is the default, but give user the option to override if they want.
    [*]Give user option of quality of video to upload. Understand the user is cognisant of the fact that it will take longer for higher quality videos (to render on the machine and to upload). Store the last choice and make it the default.
  • Allow user to upload with one button assuming defaults.

Enzo, this is 10x better than the IG releases, for the reasons bolded above. It was good to see in an IG game, but the lack of high quality videos was really detrimental to the feature.

Aquashark

Banned
Tweet from Gamerbee about PS3 version of Ultra:
they tampered with the netcode? as a PC player, i'm really scared right now..

SFxT PC is completely dead because of the buggy netcode.. and when i say buggy i mean all my friends and myself are on 100 Mbps, ping 5-10ms between us with every single possible game working like LAN (including AE).
in SFxT we get random one sided teleports (either for P1 or P2). so frustrating, since i happen to really like the game.

Marz

Ultra keeps getting better and better. Glad that SF4 is gonna have more years of life I'm still in love with the game.

the way he tweeted after that tweet made it sound like it was more about the volunteers? + certain streamers/commentators?

Like he didn't mean spooky, levelup, iplaywinner, ud/jchen or any of the big people. Atleast that is he he is trying to make it sound like... I think?

he was just trying to save face.

"It's the speed of light, and maybe a little bit of influence from infrastructure depending on where you are. So, if you're playing from Japan against someone in Sweden there will be some lag due to the distance. But it's all quite satisfactory."
- Niitsuma, 2011

Do you have the "speed of light" quote from him?

Mr. X

Reading the article, this is great, IMO. High quality uploads to your YouTube channel is a big win. IG didn't do either of these things with 3SO, and I feel the feature suffered because of it.

I posted as much on SRK about this:

Enzo, this is 10x better than the IG releases, for the reasons bolded above. It was good to see in an IG game, but the lack of high quality videos was really detrimental to the feature.

240p game getting emulated and then upscaled + filters and then having to do whatever to get to youtube has a lot more that can go wrong and probably more taxing.

Threi

notag
Predicting 100s of "Oh wow I beat Arturo Sanchez's Fuerte in ranked I'm the shit better upload it to YouTube" uploads.
Read that as "Oh wow I beat Arturo Sanchez once with Fuerte in ranked I'm the shit better upload it to YouTube"

... which is pretty much the same thing anyways.

casperOne

240p game getting emulated and then upscaled + filters and then having to do whatever to get to youtube has a lot more that can go wrong and probably more taxing.

Not sure how it can go wrong. The first parts, emulation, upscaled, filters, that all happens anyways when you play the game just to get it on the screen. That's not a problem that needs solving.

Getting it to YouTube is really the only thing they have to do and it's not that difficult. The APIs are quite robust and resilient, they have to be given how much video content is uploaded to YouTube in a day (and it's all through the API ultimately).

I just don't get how they could have ended up with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BABE1Fiu2f8

Something I notice now that I didn't notice then, it looks like they dropped frames of animation in order to save on transcoding time, which makes it even worse.

onionfrog

Having youtube uploads in Ultra is going to be pretty cool. I'll be really excited if they have actually improved the online as well, it could just be asian Internet...

So when's marvel going to get better online and youtube uploads? :(
never

Kimosabae

Banned
PSN vs. Live isn't all that lopsided. PSN itself suffices well enough for playing SF4 online. The imperative is the 2 frame difference between the versions. If that hasn't been rectified this isn't something worth caring about.

.la1n

PSN vs. Live isn't all that lopsided. PSN itself suffices well enough for playing SF4 online. The imperative is the 2 frame difference between the versions. If that hasn't been rectified this isn't something worth caring about.

Hopefully Capcom made the effort to bring parity between the two versions.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
It took them a while to add something that has been possible so early in this generation, then again, it took them forever just to save replays in general, something they themselves did back in the Dreamcast days.

Ultra SF4 coverage from Taipei: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HPhcq75DuQ

Starts @ 2:35:35 mark. Skip to 2:50:00 for gameplay.

Thanks man.

And whoever said that Hugo got sped up earlier, great news seeing as he's the number one new character I want to use, loved him in Third Strike.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Today was NEO G's birthday. The father of a ton of awesome Capcom fighting game. SAY CONGRATS KIDS.

CurlyW

$1B+ in operating income for 2013, I'd want to be like ESPN as well.

I meant more from a journalistic perspective than a success perspective. Also pretty amazing that their operating income is that much, and they still laid off 10% of staff last year.

Top Bottom