• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 20-26 | I Can't Believe It's Not A Fighting Game

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah I was wondering if he meant online latency or the input lag in the PS3 versions of the game in general.

Great news if it's the latter I'm extremely skeptical if it's the former. Kinda tired of no one wanting to play on my platform of choice because of something I can't even perceive.(I haven't played SF4 enough to notice and I don't want to buy a 360 for something that doesn't matter to me yet)

Netcode quality reports are almost always better or "flawless" in private testing than they are in actual practice so that means nothing to me.

Silky

Banned
And they should ban crowd monsters as well

dFXsk.gif

Dahbomb

Today was NEO G's birthday. The father of a ton of awesome Capcom fighting game. SAY CONGRATS KIDS.
And the creator of the best combat engine in an action game.

Ultra SF4 getting better netcode and direct YT uploads is a great start. Baby steps but at least the direction is right. This should be the foundation for all fighting games from Capcom with more features added especially in the tutorial format.

Today was NEO G's birthday. The father of a ton of awesome Capcom fighting game. SAY CONGRATS KIDS.

THANK YOU NEO G *clap clap clapclapclap*

Capcom's putting a lot of solid features into Ultra. I have a much higher opinion of it now than I did when it was announced, and I hope it pans out as a solid game.

kirblar

He did. Liked when he hosted the frametrap with Haunts. Don't know what happened and why he went all super villain on the FGC tho
You know those people who "find jesus/religion" and then act all holier than thou crapping on everything they were doing before? The obnoxious liberal version of that.

Oh yeah, and then the removal of "EMPJared" made things worse. Stream Monsters get bitchy and vindictive when you remove their smileys. People are STILL mad about the BrainSlug change. SMH

We went bananas on the FGC, talking mad shit about it everywhere. And having a FGC-hater on twitch is no bueno

I really don't think thats the case. You see WNF and TeamSpooky on the frontpage all the time. I don't know, Jared seemed to talk about how to make FGC more inclusive (at least when I watched FrameTrap). Because of that, I feel like he became a figure of "he is forcing change on us" and stream monsters wanted to continue the circus of stupid.

Horseress

I really don't think thats the case. You see WNF and TeamSpooky on the frontpage all the time. I don't know, Jared seemed to talk about how to make FGC more inclusive (at least when I watched FrameTrap). Because of that, I feel like he became a figure of "he is forcing change on us" and stream monsters wanted to continue the circus of stupid.

You're out of the loop dude, he isn't that FrameTrap guy anymore

He posted this a while back

Jared Rea ‏@jaredr 29 Dec
@samusclone Washing my hands clean of that scene was one of the most positive decisions of my adult life. They're not worth it.

Dahbomb

I'm so sorry.
I would actually enjoy a sequel to it very much.

The game was held back by the hardware... real time Legion summoning and swapping to do combos is a truly next gen mechanic for action games. It's a franchise with a lot of potential.

The real issue is the licensing on that, it's based on some novel series and Capcom needs permission similar to Strider. So we won't be seeing it anytime soon.

My theory is that JaredR stabs Haunts in the back (so I'm told but I don't know the details). Stream monsters use whatever they can get their hands on to troll JaredR as revenge, JaredR's response to the trolls makes things even worst and burns all bridges with FGC.

CurlyW

I'm not surprised he has disdain for the FGC after people went after him hard for a full 2 weeks. Then some people were surprised after he announced that he wasn't attending Evo that year. "Why wouldn't he come to Evo?" I dunno, maybe it has to do with digging into his past internet history and secretly taping a phone conversation with him.

Meanwhile, the guy probably most responsible for the negative view of the FGC after Cross Assault remains a beloved figure in the community.

Not saying there aren't subtleties here (like how the Jared hate wasn't completely unwarranted) but I don't blame him for his dislike of the FGC.

You're out of the loop dude, he isn't that FrameTrap guy anymore

He posted this a while back

Jared Rea ‏@jaredr 29 Dec
@samusclone Washing my hands clean of that scene was one of the most positive decisions of my adult life. They're not worth it.

I can't completely disagree with him. The stream chat can be downright mean to people. I don't think anyone deserves that kind of heat.

Official Fall Classic 2014 lineup

Check out the complete list of games (with the consoles they will be played on) below.

Ultra Street Fighter IV (360)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (360)
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma (PS3)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (PS3)
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (PS3)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (360)
Killer Instinct (XB1)
Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3)
Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Wii)
Super Smash Brothers Melee (GCN)
Project M (Wii)
Soulcalibur V (PS3)
King of Fighters XIII (TBA)

The Fall Classic 2014 is scheduled for October 10-12 in Raleigh, North Carolina.

I'm surprised they put Melee in because the new smash will probably be out by then
LOL

casperOne

How did 3s online handle youtube uploads? Is it uploaded using your youtube account?

It would transcode the match locally on your console and then upload to a dedicated channel for replays.

It would suggest generic names like "Ryu vs. Chun-Li" and wouldn't have info about who played, when they played, etc.

The quality was also God-awful. It appears that they skipped frames in the transcoding and the quality was extremely grainy.

Here's an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkDyZPUoL9Q

Compare this to the trailer which has in-game footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omY0WItHGZY

No, stream monsters aren't part of the FGC. Jared had a problem with the actual FGC.

Silky

Banned
I can't completely disagree with him. The stream chat can be downright mean to people. I don't think anyone deserves that kind of heat.

Stream Monsters =/= FGC. The vast majority of monsters don't even play fighting games. Every community has it's demons, it's your choice to associate yourself with a friendlier sub environment in the overall whole of the FGC.

Jared leaving Twitch is a sign of Twitch maybe getting their shit together but at this point it's too much bullshit to justify me supporting them. But as of now all of my streams are on Twitch. So. :/

chriskun

Anyone who has faith in any sort of "scene" is juvenile. By believing in "scenes" you are only creating their slow decline and ultimately death.

Top Bottom