• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 20-26 | I Can't Believe It's Not A Fighting Game

Clawww

We're actually supposed to buy our first HDTV this year. Yes, in 2014.

And this TV will probably be used for nothing more than SD Indian satellite channels my grandma will watch sitting on the couch.

I never knew you were brown too

damn FGC gaf is just full of brown ppl

Village

I am only half brown.

Yo FGC gaf!

What is your favorite mechanic that got cut out in the next version of a fighting game?I talk stuff about 3rd strike, but I thought the parries we ok. I completly understand why that is gone now though.

I am only half brown.

Yo FGC gaf!

What is your favorite mechanic that got cut out in the next version of a fighting game?I talk stuff about 3rd strike, but I thought the parries we ok. I completly understand why that is gone now though.

I like air blocking so fuck all the street fighters after alpha

casperOne

Dat Iron Fist!

I love seeing this player with his Rocket Racoon, but if he has IF on point, then he's really limited on mixups on incoming.

IF is pretty bad in the air, and his other assists are ground based assists, so he reverts to getting behind the incoming character every single time.

I love these multi game talent conversations because all of a sudden people care about doing well in KOF and Injustice when all anyone really cares about here is marvel.

Buying a console that costs 100 dollars extra with apparently half the graphical power is sort of a bummer, though. But yes, resolution talk for the most part is just a way for people to argue when there are no games worth discussing on either system right now (except KI for FG threads, sometimes).

How are there even top players who don't even know what tech is out there. Embarrassing.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/181271/umvc3-stream-commentary-thread-v3/p170

i like seeing pr rog win cause he clearly gives no fucks. Cause how many fucking hours do u need to spend in training mode practicing dash+beam or lvl 3 rapid slash into lmh. The game is so fucking broken and easy to him that its hilarious to see him beat on other players with chars that require a decent amt of practice for consistent execution(light loops, mag combobo

What i'm trying to say is that it's funny to see him beat up on fat kids all day erryday. Fucking fat kids who spend 7 hrs a day in the lab with godlike brolic finger muscles but bigass man titties practicing tiger knee lighting loops in the left corner cause their right corner is aite. Fucking mountain dew pepsi cans all crushed up next to their asus monitors and half eaten hostess cupcakes, pizza stains everywhere. "Just one more set of light loops and imma call it a day". "Imma take the next major cause i put in fucking 150 hours this week and gained 52 lbs of pure cholesterol, i deserve this shit nigguh

while pr balrog, who clearly hasnt played the game in months, walks in with a puerto rican smirk and that new bosley haircut no fucking homo and just utterly destroys mr. big hips with a fradulent yet necessary lvl2 vergil comeback. Shit is cohmedy my homosapien ass niggas

Coda

I've used him since forever, but my on-stream record is 0 wins and god knows how many losses so I'm not exactly the best of examples...

Yeah he's just a baby, so it's easy to lose him in battle. He's a difficult character to master in my opinion because he has wacky execution most times but I've had some crazy comebacks with him that makes me love him.

Dahbomb

Rocket Raccoon has had an interesting cycle of discussion among the players over the years.

Right around release people thought RR was like a hidden top tier. "Oh man Boulder loop solves his damage issue, he has a float + rocket skates + multi directional multi fireballs + teleports + stall hyper + 2 great assists + instant overheads + unblockables + zoning + rushdown + insane XF speed".

Then around a year passed by even after Kusoru's win and people went down on RR. "Limbs too short, damage is still low off of most conversions, zoning has a lot of holes, mobility options aren't that great". I think around this time most people didn't have him Mid or above.

Around last year people started figuring out that RR is basically just an anchor/support character and when you play him like that he is really powerful (not Vergil powerful but more similar to a Strider without Orbs but a better stall option). Then of course the theory crafting around his ability to negate some of Vergil's BS so people started using him more on the side. I think the main hurdle was the skill to use him properly... once people learn to use him properly he is a very potent character on a team.... you can put him at the back of a surprising amount of teams. Really his main weakness is that he isn't Doom, Vergil, Strider because otherwise... he is damn good as a support. I would say most people see him as Upper Mid now which is just at the level of competitive tier for the game.

Rocket Raccoon has had an interesting cycle of discussion among the players over the years.

Right around release people thought RR was like a hidden top tier. "Oh man Boulder loop solves his damage issue, he has a float + rocket skates + multi directional multi fireballs + teleports + stall hyper + 2 great assists + instant overheads + unblockables + zoning + rushdown + insane XF speed".

Then around a year passed by even after Kusoru's win and people went down on RR. "Limbs too short, damage is still low off of most conversions, zoning has a lot of holes, mobility options aren't that great". I think around this time most people didn't have him Mid or above.

Around last year people started figuring out that RR is basically just an anchor/support character and when you play him like that he is really powerful (not Vergil powerful but more similar to a Strider without Orbs but a better stall option). Then of course the theory crafting around his ability to negate some of Vergil's BS so people started using him more on the side. I think the main hurdle was the skill to use him properly... once people learn to use him properly he is a very potent character on a team.... you can put him at the back of a surprising amount of teams. Really his main weakness is that he isn't Doom, Vergil, Strider because otherwise... he is damn good as a support. I would say most people see him as Upper Mid now which is just at the level of competitive tier for the game.

That's about how I feel about him as well after maining him all of Ultimate. He does have some neat bs on point, but I do feel he's better for the team most of the time on any other position.

Dahbomb

Has Infrit ever done anything of note since Evo 2012 (it was 2012 right? Fuck I can't remember) or not?

I know I shouldn't talk but I'm just wondering, really.
Participates at TRB and Justin's Socal Hunger games fairly regularly. I mean as far as majors he hasn't done much but he is still on the local radar.

CurlyW

So this afternoon FChamp took to Twitter to say that players work harder than event organizers and streamers.

This evening, FChamp took to Facebook to defend the Blazblue collusion from Frosty Faustings.

For most people, it would be a day of being a complete moron, but for Ryan Ramirez, it was Thursday.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
So this afternoon FChamp took to Twitter to say that players work harder than event organizers and streamers.

This evening, FChamp took to Facebook to defend the Blazblue collusion from Frosty Faustings.

For most people, it would be a day of being a complete moron, but for Ryan Ramirez, it was Thursday.

This is gold. How much more can Ryan cement himself as the laughing stock in the FGC. The only thing he has going for him is "YO DAWG MY DORMAMMU!" and his crazy matches.

Top Bottom