• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 5-11 | A World Warrior Demographic

they playin marvel?

WLWYeWh.jpg

edit: top of the page has never been so appropriate. #CountDaGAWD

KOFXIII Steam Edition refuses to acknowledge my PS3 controller this... This makes me sad. I was so hyped for today. Not playing with a keyboard fuck thatttt. SoOoOo Back to playing USF4 I guess lol. ^.^;;

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Does the master series start today?

Friday, 9th of January
10AM-12PM - Tournament opens
12PM-2PM - Side tournaments
2PM-4PM - Guilty Gear Xrd
4PM-6PM - Super Smash Bros. Melee and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
6PM-10PM - Ultra Street Fighter 4 Qualifying Tournament
10PM-12AM - Canada Cup Master Series Wave 1 - Bouts 1 & 2

Saturday, 10th of January
11AM-12:30PM - Master Series Wave 1 *PPV ONLY BEGINS*
12:30PM-3:30PM - Master Series Wave 2
3:30PM-6:30PM - Master Series Wave 3
6:30PM-9:30PM - Master Series Wave 4

Sunday, 11th of January
10AM-1PM - Master Series Wave 5
1PM-4PM - Master Series Wave 6
4PM-7PM - Master Series Final Wave

today is free to stream, ppv starts tomorrow

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

Manbig

Just picked up Guilty Gear Xrd for PS3. Apparently I just barely missed out on getting this dumb ass character for free. I haven't boot up the game yet, but I wish that they would just add DLC characters for free in training mode, so I don't have to buy them to learn how to beat them.

Village

If that's the only reason people have for Charlie being cool, than fucking lmao
If you consider what a sonic boom and a flash kick is.

Then consider how bison had to get the whole team try and get him. Emphasis on try now because his ass is still alive apparently.

He's plenty cool , he's on some, Cody " i got cuffs on and punch tornadoes " type shit.

Laconic

Banned
I never saw the appeal of Charlie. Just a nerd with glasses who xcopy'd Guile. I guess nerds like him? Reminds me of this:

s1A4AgH.png

Yuuup.

Charlie is what happens when "The American character's" design out-classes the other ones' cool factors, re: Guile, in ST.

They retcon the cool, clearly superior dude into being the apprentice of an Emo-Bishu, who effortlessly quiffs Sonic Booms, as if it were a new standard of cool.

Failing the above, they just go ahead and retcon the cooler character into "really" being 3/4 Japanese.

K.Sabot

CC lame ppv vs KiT with no XRD vs Sick 5v5 3S tournament vs some guy on drugs opening cs:go cases

i know what I'm watching tonight.

it's so funny watching new Smash 4 players act like Brawl was the worst thing to ever exist, and even praising the former for stuff that first appeared in the latter!

Prototype

Old and fun > New and boring
It's it so much that I find the new games boring.

I genuinely liked MK9. The x-ray attacks were a cool addition as were combo breakers. Foubf a few characters that I really liked as well like Katana being my favorite.

Xrd is an amazing game. Absolutely beautiful to look at, and the character designs are so cool. Ino? How cool is she? A badass, mean, time traveling witch who beats the shit out of you with her guitar? Awesome. It's something you'd never see in SF. Also, the new Roman Cancel system is really fun.

There are other games too, but the point is that I don't think these games are bad necessarily. It's just that I can't seem to devote myself to multiple FGs at a time.

Fighters in general are some of the most in depth games you could ever as for. Beyond basic system mechanics, zoning, movement options, ect you also are dealing with your opponent, and the meta that ensues.

It's like each FG is a different language, and I'm just not multilingual. :(

Out of all the recent games I've played I probably could have stuck with either MK 9 or Marvel. As both are, in my mind, similar to SF. MK is very similar expect for the block button imo. And Marvel I can't play because I fucking suck hard at it and it makes me more salty then any other game I've ever played.

But I do see the point you making. Old does mean familiar, nostalgia, and is a known entity. Those things all help, and can certainly make a game seem "better".

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
PR Rog will destroy these unknown scrubs

Good at Marvel:

America>Japan>France>NeoGAF>GameFAQS>r/Kappa>RockTurtle>>>>>>>Melee Players>>>>>Canada

dont really care much for Marvel now and days but Angelics new team is kinda sick

it was his B-team for certain matchups he didn't feel comfortable playing with wolverine. he's been playing it in casuals since ultimate came out.

Man, I am in such a bad mood now.

I go into a London player's stream. He's online playing SF4, getting annoyed at this Cody player. I sit there for a couple of minutes then throw out a suggestion in chat.

The dude pops off at me and tells me that I'm not good enough to make suggestions. WTF?

If there's one kind of person that I can't deal with, it's the ones with a loose trigger.

Dlent

I go into a London player's stream. He's online playing SF4, getting annoyed at this Cody player. I sit there for a couple of minutes then throw out a suggestion in chat.

The dude pops off at me and tells me that I'm not good enough to make suggestions. WTF?

If there's one kind of person that I can't deal with, it's the ones with a loose trigger.

Hop online and body him.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

lol, ignore the guy, he probably didnt mean it. the salt SF produces is stronger than marvel's

'MURICA!!

We're really good with a game that isn't that popular outside of the states ;_;

Hop online and body him.

i like where this is going, where do i place my bets?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

Azure J

OK, so I'm watching Canada Cup and Project M at KiT. Are there any other events I should have on multitwitch? :p

Also, lol that Frank Wack to Frank Best comeback.

Top Bottom