• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 5-11 | A World Warrior Demographic

『Inaba Resident』;146748158 said:
So I got Vanguard Princess on steam and the gameplay is pretty good.
Too bad its so goddamn anime.

I wish the creator would come back and do more work but last I heard(admittedly years ago) he got stuck in the TERA vortex and never returned.

His spritework is nothing short of godlike, emulating bloom and motion blur on sprites the way he does it is some next-level nonsense.

But yeah, the game is super anime and visually super busy. It feels like it wants to be widescreen but was made a little too early.

EDIT: IIRC it was made in Fighter Maker 2k, which among other limitations requires you stick to 4:3 aspect ratio(like Fighting Is Magic before it moved to the Z-Engine).

yooooo street11 man

I wish the creator would come back and do more work but last I heard(admittedly years ago) he got stuck in the TERA vortex and never returned.

His spritework is nothing short of godlike, emulating bloom and motion blur on sprites the way he does it is some next-level nonsense.

But yeah, the game is super anime and visually super busy. It feels like it wants to be widescreen but was made a little too early.

apparently you can get the game for free here for those that didn't know

I'll change my avatar tho, not feeling as anime as before

Impossibru...

ioXpJMvL6TG0m.gif

Azure J

Thanks.

http://smashboards.com/threads/jan-...0-murfreesboro-tn.360126/page-2#post-18346504

I spent my free time this week figuring out how to make BRSTMs instead of practicing Marvel lol.

I spent an ungodly amount of time on my Project M build when I found out how deep the rabbit hole could go and I'm still not done yet. :lol

Needs more Sonic R though. :p

Apex pot bonuses courtesy of Twitch

Guilty Gear Xrd>Marvel and 64>Brawl confirmed Kappa

Anime getting that Yen Coin Install.

These mario kart players would live in last place in the GAF lobby.

No lies. lmao

I'm watching this thinking where's Papercuts, Roo and Merrick to shit on everyone there.

CC is some quality shit here. Aint paying $14.95 tho, niggas got me fucked up. Time to marathon my Cowboy Bebop blu-ray set this weekend with some Dominos.

How this man got a tag before me and I been here longer?

.la1n

CC is some quality shit here. Aint paying $14.95 tho, niggas got me fucked up. Time to marathon my Cowboy Bebop blu-ray set this weekend with some Dominos.

Been doing the same. Only show I can watch any time and it's still just as good as I remember. I usually opt for the pan pizza myself, it's the superior Dominos option.

kasane

Im at work and when i went to twitch just for lulz its barely getting 3k viewers. Lapchi so shit at advertising

I spent an ungodly amount of time on my Project M build when I found out how deep the rabbit hole could go and I'm still not done yet. :lol

Needs more Sonic R though. :p

Anime getting that Yen Coin Install.

No lies. lmao

I'm watching this thinking where's Papercuts, Roo and Merrick to shit on everyone there.

How this man got a tag before me and I been here longer?

not 1 tag, 2 tags bro. Also i've only been here 3 years

Now sm4sh is seeming less and less fun, sigh. Multiple air dodges is dumb, lack of hit stun is dumb, fact that Palutena's projectile sucks compared to 90 percent of people with projectiles, etc ...............

Azure J

Now sm4sh is seeming less and less fun, sigh. Multiple air dodges is dumb, lack of hit stun is dumb, fact that Palutena's projectile sucks compared to 90 percent of people with projectiles, etc ...............

I was doing a bit of amateur designing the other day wondering if a new Smash game or Smash-like could incorporate air shielding over dodges.

MrDaravon

This. This is why I like you.

Also in all seriousness I'm down with the idea of what they're doing here with CC, but they're doing it the same weekend as AGDQ (no way I'm turning off this Mario RPG run right now), and also I'm worried about potential stream quality as well as Twitch itself being a random factor. If I could theoretically be guaranteed a flawless high quality stream and AGDQ wasn't running I'd be totally down, although $14.95 is probably pushing it a bit for me. Curious to see how it turns out and I hope it pans out though.

Shouta

I don't think you guys need to worry too much about stream quality for Master Series. I think Slash5150 is doing it and he's streamed for Evo 3 years in a row as the second stream. He also streams for us up here.

Manbig

Yo cool, I'm still completely clueless about the game. Would love to get some games in some time. We can even do that Skype chat we did when u showed me Marduk.

Gonna be a little while before I actually play versus other people. Still trying to figure out the character that I want to use.

Top Bottom