• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 5-11 | A World Warrior Demographic

That's a little embarassing

That was honestly a tough question to translate. Zhi could do it because he knows a lot of jp fg terms. I'm honesty surprised Zhi isn't there.

I don't think japanese is just a bunch of english words

but I could be wrong

Revenge in japanese can be said as ribenji, but he didn't know that and just said revenge. I don't think you can say Qualify like he did though. The guy needs to study up some more. Apparently the guy's gf is japanese, and she was the one who translated.

Lapchi shouldve went gsl route where only hd is behind the paywall

But the fuck do i know

Lapchi did that in the past and it wasn't working out because he practically has no sponsors. All the players flights and the pot is basically payed out of his own pocket, which should be close to 30k. PPV is the only way to make a event like this possible without sponsors and if he doesn't charge, then it doesn't happen at all.

We have like 20 majors a year, plenty of tournaments for people to watch for free. This is probably just a 1 time a year kind of event for the SF4 enthusiast and as one I support a event like this.

K.Sabot

Look at all these thievin' stream monsters in FGW. No wonder we'll always be poverty :p

I'd sooner pay for something like Strongstyle than a CC event. The way irc is blowing up right now, I'm guessing the event is technically not going well as well.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
f266137900cb198f5393d2480c6dff92.png

Kazunoko only lost 2-3 to Daigo at Topanga League. Daigo said he practiced the Yun matchup the most so it will be interesting to see how that will end up. Kazunoko is looking strong.

o_O'

Crispy is the last word I'd use to describe SF4. Or about generalizing SF series at all because the games are so damn different.

The game's essentially created (AND I CAN GO ON AND ON BABY): high-low mix-ups, cross-ups, block strings, zoning, anti-airs, punishes, special moves, super/hyper/ultra moves, cancels into super, command grabs, charge attacks, FOOTSIESSSS, THE DP, THE FIREEEEBALLLLLLLL, FUUUCKINNNNNGG COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSS

I can't I-I-I just I c-can't. Shit's too GOOD YO.
and these things are present in all SF's btw

Shouta

No mentions of that one program. =p

But the official twitch app is the official twitch app. They need to stop fucking up.

I'd encourage folks to sub anyway to help Lapchi run this event yearly because it's sounding good.

Top Bottom