• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 5-11 | A World Warrior Demographic

MrDaravon

Yeah I'm not against the idea. It doesnt seem gootecksy either. My only issue is paying money for a stream that will fuck up sometime due to forces beyond Lap's control.

This is pretty much my only issue. If there wasn't a ton of other major events/streams competing this weekend I'd throw down. I'll probably wind up paying anyway later to catch the archives.

It's the fundamentals bro. The series, mechanically speaking, is perfection. Everything about it is so damn crispy and tasty mmmmmmm. In all honesty, doesn't matter what any games does. They're all emulating their own version of SF. It all feels familiar but not quite 100% comfy ya know. Maybe it's nostalgia speaking :/

o_O'

Crispy is the last word I'd use to describe SF4. Or about generalizing SF series at all because the games are so damn different.

fader

The salt from Xiaohai yesterday :lol

I felt bad for him

I79RNza.gif

longest drink of water ever... gotta wash down that salt i guess.

NEO0MJ

Kinda fighting game related, I recently picked up a figure for the Blodia, Jin's awesome mech.

I tried my hardest to have it pull the "Blooodiaaaa!!!" pose but it just refused to balance itself. Even had to cheat a little to balance it this way. It needs a stability patch.

JeTmAn81

Been far more downs than ups. Hoping the worse is behind her. She has sepsis but the doctors can't diagnose what else is making her sick.

I feel you. My mom has early onset dementia (she's 66) and it looks like she'll have to go into assisted living after a paranoid episode :(.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You can't change your phone's web browser to desktop mode and do it that way? Never tried subbing mobile. But as with many things, doing it via mobile is a pain.

What for? :lol
Salty match between two players talking a lot of shit. I forget their names. Happens in the archive sometime between 9:00 - 9:40 or so.
http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp/v/3674723

Match starts at 9:21:00. Player 1 is feeling himself wayyyyy too much and someone gets pissed when he takes too long getting back to his seat.

Wish I could watch CC but trying to save what I can until my checks start to even out at my new job. Mandatory holidays can eat a dick when you're starting a new job.

vulva

You can't change your phone's web browser to desktop mode and do it that way? Never tried subbing mobile. But as with many things, doing it via mobile is a pain.
I'll probably do that, surprising that feature isn't in the app though

Unlucky

So Luffy will be playing today's matches tonight, after he arrives. It's a shame he couldn't make it in time. I hope he will still be able to play sharp, against some of the best players in the world one after another, after 24+ hours of travel snafus.

Anth0ny

Any numbers for the other games? Also, how does this compare to Apex usual numbers?

haven't seen any numbers for other games. I think they might be accepting registration at the door for those games?

also, last year's apex numbers:

largest Project M tournament of all time with 382 entrants
largest Smash 64 tournament in the United States with 157 entrants
the second-largest Brawl tournament of all time (behind Apex 2012) with 370 entrants
the third-largest Melee tournament of all time (behind EVO 2014 and EVO 2013) with 629 entrants

I think registration ends today or tomorrow, so numbers will be even higher for each game. Smash 4 and Melee numbers are incredible.

xezuru

Is PM over for Beast? Just caught a little of Prof Pro yesterday and couldnt see it all and don't really think I want to watch melee atm, not really any players I wanna watch.

Meanwhile Daigo Xian on Masterseries CanadaCup

Top Bottom