• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 5-11 | A World Warrior Demographic

sfxtk-charselect-concept-2-crop.jpg

Ono will never use this

ibbaRRaKnKXTRp.gif

Marz

Viper's got the best special moves hands down IMO. She can bypass footsies, she can bypass zoning, and she can fight at midrange if she's forced too (and not many characters can force this).

Adons jaguar kick is really good as well. Tooth is pretty bad and his DP is just average as far as DP's go although its one of the better auto correct uppercuts.

Sagat has really good EX moves, maybe the best EX moves in the game. Everything leads to ultra, everything is quick and does a lot of damage, everything beats focus.

Cammy as well.

Fei Long has beastly specials.

xezuru

Random question: Is tokido just focusing on Ultra now for the Capcom Cash?
The last year I been spending a bitless time seeing FGC stuff, but seems like a big change from him getting top 8 in like 3 games every tourney he went to.

Too much topanga salt?

gutabo

last week was the worst in my life and i foolishly thought this week might be better and today proved that it can get worse, much worse.

You have all my feels. On xmas eve my brother had the "brilliant" idea of cooking special(weed) brownies and not telling anyone. My mom found out a couple days later when she woke up because after eating one she had some wine and took some pills so she wouldn't think about my dad(he decided to leave us, the living, some months ago). So she had this almost coma-like sleep for a couple days. My wife had one too, and she went through panic/anxiety attacks because of it, and as soon as she felt better she almost divorced me because she was still paranoid and she thought I knew and that I was a part of it all. Just when things were getting a bit better, the plumbing broke in the apartment above us and my son's room got the worst part of the flooding. Of course, they fixed the plumbing a couple days later but we still have wet(and stinky) walls and we are sleeping somewhere else until they are dry and are no longer a risk to our lungs.

cHaotix8

You have all my feels. On xmas eve my brother had the "brilliant" idea of cooking special(weed) brownies and not telling anyone. My mom found out a couple days later when she woke up because after eating one she had some wine and took some pills so she wouldn't think about my dad(he decided to leave us, the living, some months ago). So she had this almost coma-like sleep for a couple days. My wife had one too, and she went through panic/anxiety attacks because of it, and as soon as she felt better she almost divorced me because she was still paranoid and she thought I knew and that I was a part of it all. Just when things were getting a bit better, the plumbing broke in the apartment above us and my son's room got the worst part of the flooding. Of course, they fixed the plumbing a couple days later but we still have wet(and stinky) walls and we are sleeping somewhere else until they are dry and are no longer a risk to our lungs.

Sorry you had to go through that. I had a bad experience with brownies once before so I know first hand how bad it can be. Glad everything turned out okay though, that had to of been terrifying.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
an hour is pretty long but im glad you find a group man, VFers are probably a rare breed state side.
im actually crossing the Canadian border to hit this place XD

my old fight night was like a ten minute drive, there were only like 2-3 other VF guys though. couldn't get everyone together after the place closed up.

offline is hard drugs. I need it bad

im actually crossing the Canadian border to hit this place XD

my old fight night was like a ten minute drive, there were only like 2-3 other VF guys though. couldn't get everyone together after the place closed up.

offline is hard drugs. I need it bad

See you there man!

Yes there is definitely way lass smoke during C.Vipers Ultra now I can clearly see the amount of bullshit the CPU does on hardest when it doesn't connect lol. I just gave up beating Seth on hardest he was too much for my C.Viper I normally don't give up but damn that was a lot of matches. Holy hell. Good thing I had fight request turned off or else I'd probably not even get that far lol out of the retrys I did lol. Man what a session, I'm now confident in my C.Viper again I feel she's on the same level as my Cammy.

Zissou

Vast majority of Japanese fighting game commentary is terrible and uninformative. It's usually just a dude saying what the characters are doing (move names etc.). WHY? THE CHARACTERS ARE ALREADY SAYING THE MOVE NAME EVERY TIME THEY DO THE MOVE.

Silky

Banned
Does anyone play Accent Core+R on 360? Or ChronoPhantasma.

I want to invest more time in getting better in both of these games. For CP, does anyone know where I can find a good guide for Amane?

Top Bottom