• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Jan 5-11 | A World Warrior Demographic

Rhapsody

Banned
Vast majority of Japanese fighting game commentary is terrible and uninformative. It's usually just a dude saying what the characters are doing (move names etc.). WHY? THE CHARACTERS ARE ALREADY SAYING THE MOVE NAME EVERY TIME THEY DO THE MOVE.

It's mostly just for anime games in general. They mostly do it during long combos since there's not much to say during those parts.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Vast majority of Japanese fighting game commentary is terrible and uninformative. It's usually just a dude saying what the characters are doing (move names etc.). WHY? THE CHARACTERS ARE ALREADY SAYING THE MOVE NAME EVERY TIME THEY DO THE MOVE.

Never forget BBCS1 Hazama commentary.

"Shi shi shi shi shi shi shi shi shi *pause*Shi shi shi shi shi shi shi shi shi *pause* Shi shi shi shi shi shi shi shi shi *pause* Shi shi shi shi shi shi shi shi shi "

UMEHARA GA KIMETAAAAAAAAAAAA

CPS2

See now that's what Sessler should've done at evo.
"hadouken"
"hadouken!"
"hadouken"
"hadouken!"

Nyoro SF

This is actually unfortunately very true, I have come across some rare commentators that do proper play by play in JP, but it's usually for small games.

Never forget BBCS1 Hazama commentary.

"Shi shi shi shi shi shi shi shi shi *pause*Shi shi shi shi shi shi shi shi shi *pause* Shi shi shi shi shi shi shi shi shi *pause* Shi shi shi shi shi shi shi shi shi "

DYING

But my favorite Japanese commentator scream is "CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-DAN"

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
im actually crossing the Canadian border to hit this place XD

my old fight night was like a ten minute drive, there were only like 2-3 other VF guys though. couldn't get everyone together after the place closed up.

offline is hard drugs. I need it bad

It is hard drugs, I'm glad I'm going to my locals this weekend to crank out some Mahvel and Street Fighter, even though me and DaFeetLee are the only players who know what they are doing there for SF.
I get bopped by him regularly... I hate Elena

Oh Yams...

Am I wrong? I honestly haven't heard of the guy in forever and I only watch SF for top 8 nowadays.

One more thing: Is anyone planning to go to Final Round?

Where is it happening again?

pixelish

not really a big news but since team curse and team liquid have merged together, nuckledu as well as hungrybox + chillindude are part of team liquid now

Du Dang ‏@LiquidNuckleDu
I am honored to be the first Street Fighter player for @TeamLiquidPro . I will Du my best to make them proud. Liquid NuckleDu !!! #Esports

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
ATL. I'll be going. Competing too. Me, Silky.

Atlanta... I'll see if I can get a cheap ride there. Been meaning to go since there is also this banging grilled cheese joint there.

not really a big news but since team curse and team liquid have merged together, nuckledu as well as hungrybox + chillindude are part of team liquid now

Did James Chen write this tweet for KnuckleDu?

B5nMDn9CUAAQcXC.jpg

Didn't know Momochi could smile tbh

CPS2

I'm the 9th, but I'm like rly good so
Sandbag. I dunno you might need to sandbag a lot and be all like "oh good idea I'll try that next time thanks!" and all that. My mates stopped playing me and I'm not that good in the scheme of things =

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Man, Xrd online feels turrible. Whyyyy. Persona feels really good though. =(

Do you have SF on PC Shouta? I really wanna get some T. Hawk experience from a person who isn't gonna say I suck...
When will you look my way Beef-senpai?!
Since my fundamentals at Street Fighter are horrible and I only know of mind games, I dropped Gief and I'm picking up Ryu for good. Gotta get zoning, spacing, and anti-air punishing down.

Kikirin

Does anyone play Accent Core+R on 360? Or ChronoPhantasma.

I want to invest more time in getting better in both of these games. For CP, does anyone know where I can find a good guide for Amane?

I play CP, but not well (or frequently). Might have some luck pinging the OT for the game - there seem to be at least a couple dudes on there who still play:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=698677

As for guides, not sure if you've already checked the Amane boards on Dustloop, but these are pretty solid, imo:

Random question: Is tokido just focusing on Ultra now for the Capcom Cash?
The last year I been spending a bitless time seeing FGC stuff, but seems like a big change from him getting top 8 in like 3 games every tourney he went to.

Too much topanga salt?

Tokido started to focus on fewer games last year.

4Gamer: Tokido, among all the pro Japanese gamers, you've competed in many tournaments.

Tokido: Yes even now that's the case. Whatever the case may be, a pro player can strive to make his presence known by winning. However in order for fighting games become to better, my current method must change. This topic is related to the USF4 update as well.

4Gamer: What exactly do you mean?

Tokido: I believe that I should not only display my fighting style on the surface level, but spend more time to create deeper strategies. In this way, I can establish a fighting style entirely unique to me, and I will eventually win in the long run. That's why this year I'm going to focus solely on King of Fighters 13 and USF4.

Itazan: Wow, this is considerably fewer titles you are entering than before.

Tokido: USF4 goes without saying, but I'm coming for the crown in KOF 13 as well. The players I practice with really support me, and it's my role to ensure their support is not in vain.

He'll probably focus on SF4 only now with the cash.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Besides the players, who are the big names going to Master Cup? Isn't Tekken's tournament called Master Cup too? Why are there two Master Cups? Confusion!

alstein

I don't think mediocre netcode is acceptable for a next-gen game anymore.

SFV could probably get away with it due to the fact its going to be so dominant, but that's it.

Still laughing at the $14.99 pricing. That's some carny shit. Even the WWE, kings of carnies, are only charging 9.99 for their shit.

Topanga charges more. They charge like $5 per day and like $30 for the whole season (12 days). The difference is that the first 6 days are like ft3 online round robin between 12 players, then the next 3 days are ft7 round robin sets between players 5-10, and finally the last 3 days are ft7 round robin sets between the top 6 players.

So $15 for Topanga's top 6 ft7 round robin. Canada Cup offers $15 for a ft7 round robin between 8 players so you get more matches in Canada Cup. Both tournaments offer a similar amount of cash prizes. I guess it depends which player base you think gives you more bang for your buck.

Until someone does a ft7 round robin with this level of play for free or for a lot less money, they can continue to charge this much. Nobody else offers this type of content for much less money.

Prototype

Xrd was crappy for me tonight lag wise. Just don't understand. It's been great until now.

Also, played some Street fighter Ultra tonight online for the first time in forever... Holy shit that was weird.

I am lucky enough to have entry of people to play offline so I generally don't bother with online too much, but damn lol. I was losing to the crappiest players. The again, if I lost, I guess it means I suck too. :(

Top Bottom