• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 10-16 | We got new fighting games! And a new Smash Bros!

kirblar

Yo rumors? Any links to them? Do any of them hold any actual weight/merit or are they just guesses?
I believe it's a site claiming they had been leaked as the 6 new E3 reveals. It's on the first or second page.

Lil' Mac is almost definitely in, though, given that they previewed his stage.

Kenneth

Neo Member
If the idea of drm, and no used games, and high price point is something you are a fan of, by all means buy it. I'm pretty sure some people will buy it for KI, but outside of that, the other games will be on PS4/PC for the most part.

I plan to eventually get both but the second not for a while. I guess I could just get PS4 first but I want to play Titanfall/KI. This is truly the struggle

kick51

Banned
KI has a lot to overcome...like everything a game could possibly need to overcome in order to get big at tournies.

That said, it sounds like they have fans of fighting games on it, which is a good step. And people aren't saying it's shitty right off the bat, also good.

From what Max said, I don't like the sound of the breaker system. Instinct canceling into 2 ultras sounds more than a little dumb. and I'm not sure if the crazy meter gain is gonna pan out all that well. But that's all stuff that could be fixed and will change throughout development.

It's strange that they're showing it off on cabinets, to bring back that arcade feel, but it's gonna be on the most locked down console ever.

why bring KI to EVO? X1 is the anti-tournament-scene machine, that won't go anywhere.

kiinfo-jpg.6364

BadWolf

FilthieRich says they're making KI with the FGC in mind. Wut. Saying Wednesdays and Thursdays they will do something for the FGC and casuals.

DRM, always online/online checkin and kinect pretty much guarantee PS4 will be the go to console for fighters.

Dahbomb

Also, dahbomb, Deathfist on CH already does 60-70% damage. I have 20 skill points to put into power, and I'm pretty sure I can kill someone with one move.

I unlocked Bryan after 15 mins of play.
This game is fucking dildos. The best thing going for it is that it's free.

Dahbomb have you cross referenced people who made Final Fantasy predictions and people who voted for TeamCG
Nah there aren't on it. The CG people are a different breed of craziness.

FinKL

why bring KI to EVO? X1 is the anti-tournament-scene machine, that won't go anywhere.

Because it's a fighting game where they want to drive competition and want community feedback for the people interested in it? Games sell consoles. Yeah, the X1 is a DRM POS, but with Double Helix & Filthierich working close with Microsoft Studios maybe they can work something out? As it stands now, 24hr checkins would be unfeasible and impossible to host tournys on. If they made KI specific 3-4 day checkin for a tourny it won't be a problem.

Although with CBoaT rumors, the DRM is supposed to get worse, so I don't know.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The only games I cared about were multi plat but then I remembered the PS4 has a working dpad. That's actually the only reason I have a PS3

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dahbomb sure has issues with wanting to ban people. OMG BAN THIS GUY OMG BAN THAT GUY OMG THESE GUYS NEED TO BE BANNED

Thank god you are not a mod

Dahbomb

Dahbomb sure has issues with wanting to ban people. OMG BAN THIS GUY OMG BAN THAT GUY OMG THESE GUYS NEED TO BE BANNED

Thank god you are not a mod
Honestly GAF right now has more issues than random leakers needing to be banned. GAF is barely functional and when it is the first page is filled with garbage threads... which are at least promptly being locked down.

This year's E3 experience at GAF was fucking terrible. I had to look at actual gaming sites to get my video games news... *shudders*

Chavelo

Honestly GAF right now has more issues than random leakers needing to be banned. GAF is barely functional and when it is the first page is filled with garbage threads... which are at least promptly being locked down.

This year's E3 experience at GAF was fucking terrible.

lol, is this your first E3 experience on GAF? People worry about E3 months before hand for a reason...

kirblar

This year's E3 experience at GAF was fucking terrible. I had to look at actual gaming sites to get my video games news... *shudders*
This has all happened before and will happen again.

Dahbomb

lol, is this your first E3 experience on GAF? People worry about E3 months before hand for a reason...
No this is my 7th E3 at least on GAF (10th E3 overall) and it has never been this bad. Previously they used to remove avatars and/or disable the OT forum which definitely improved server load. They didn't do anything this year and it showed.

Before you could actually posts in mega threads during conferences. I don't know how people were able to get posts in at the conference threads, GAF was down for me 90% of the time. You can look for my posts in the DMC4 PS3 exclusive/multiplatform threads from way, way back.

This.

Also, God's Beard, let the Mega Man dream die. His DNA/playstyle is now in the form of other 2d platform games.
I got SFxT because of Rolento and the hopes that Urien would be in the game.

I have to agree, you couldn't really get on GAF for most of yesterday. In past years, you could at least get on in between press conferences.

I was getting most of my news from Twitter though.

Dahbomb

I specifically remember when the DMC4 teaser was unveiled at E3 and I lost my shit. The thread opened up with a big image of this Dante:

devil-may-cry-4-dante-e3-2005.jpg

Dahbomb

Ok I am watching Aris play and it seems like they have like added "special effects" to the useful moves and movement that you should be doing. Like WGF has a new wind like effect and like forward + 2 has a little teleport like effect (at least that's what it looks like he is doing with Asuka, hard to tell).

It's like a big "hey look at this flash move with cool effects... use this more!"

Also if you keep winning you keep getting Premium Tickets and you can keep playing. I guess that's good.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...w-it-works-costs-premium-coins-and-much-more/

Horseress

Ok I am watching Aris play and it seems like they have like added "special effects" to the useful moves and movement that you should be doing. Like WGF has a new wind like effect and like forward + 2 has a little teleport like effect (at least that's what it looks like he is doing with Asuka, hard to tell).

It's like a big "hey look at this flash move with cool effects... use this more!"

Also if you keep winning you keep getting Premium Tickets and you can keep playing. I guess that's good.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...w-it-works-costs-premium-coins-and-much-more/

Feels like...an arcade machine! That's cool to me, also it's kinda easy mode, and I'm a scrub, so it's all good

This nut hugging of KI is incredible, its like Cross Tekken all over again how long untill they get over the new game hype and its ass?

Dont get me wrong it could be a great game, but to see people on twitter turn their opinion on the xbox as soon as a fighter was announced is silly.

This nut hugging of KI is incredible, its like Cross Tekken all over again how long untill they get over the new game hype and its ass?

Dont get me wrong it could be a great game, but to see people on twitter turn their opinion on the xbox as soon as a fighter was announced is silly.

Actually pretty much everybody here thinks it looks like ass.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";62710796]Actually pretty much everybody here thinks it looks like ass.[/QUOTE]

Which confirms the inevitability of its quality being amazing.

Get your preorders ready.

kick51

Banned
You know what Tekken Revolution has that no fighter has had since the 90s?

MY FUCKING QUARTERS!

I feel like I'm at an arcade and I have about 2 quarters left lol

I don't know if the stats can make shit broken or anything like that yet, but man, I was playing fucking on point like I was about to go broke and have to leave the arcade.

Which confirms the inevitability of its quality being amazing.

Get your preorders ready.

jesus, he's already got his little KI avatar and everything. why do you gaffers do this to yourselves? why can't you just wait? The game is in pre-alpha. You can wait a few months to cheerlead? For our sake?

It's an old IP with pull. Old dogs like us fightan fans go nuts for that sort of thing. Don't let it get to you.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I'd hardly call any of the discussion here as being "nut hugging." Also what GB said.

the fuck

Dahbomb

I feel like I'm at an arcade and I have about 2 quarters left lol
The FEEL of an actual arcade.

Off topic but FFXV actually looks kinda cool now that we have seen some actual game play although I have no idea how the combat system works. So many crazy teleports and acrobatics.. I mean it's essentially a full on action game now with some RPG elements thrown in. Has the feel of Advent Children.

Top Bottom