• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 10-16 | We got new fighting games! And a new Smash Bros!

vocab

I am not digging the new tekken at all. Can't play people in player match unless you have tickets, or those other forms of currency. You need to wait 15 mins to play someone in player match when you run out of the one currency.

Also the menu music is horrible. Up there with SFIV vanilla.

kirblar

I don't get it is it F2P or what? That'd make no sense if MS didn't want F2P Tekken.
It makes complete sense that Namco wouldn't want to deal with MS re: a downloadable title.

KI is a full game that you can also buy piecemeal. This is going to be a disaster. You know how demos actually reduce the # of people who actually buy a PC game? Well, this is that x 1000000.

Dahbomb

I am not super hyped but the game is back on my radar. It's my "if I ever get Xbox One when M$ back tracks on their DRM, this is one of the games I will get on it".

Doomshine

It makes complete sense that Namco wouldn't want to deal with MS re: a downloadable title.

KI is a full game that you can also buy piecemeal. This is going to be a disaster. You know how demos actually reduce the # of people who actually buy a PC game? Well, this is that x 1000000.

When people were asking Harada on twitter about an Xbox version he told them to ask MS.

Dahbomb

so dahbomb what did kagari say
Said that FFXV will be PS4 exclusive because Sony was working with SE to get that game out. As did Thuway and as did Verendus. Kagari is a mod so he/she will probably not get anything happened but those other two should be banned. I already made a post about it in the relevant thread and I am not going to talk about this anymore. Kagari also claimed that PSN will not require payment for multiplayer.

I just hope people stop believing these "prophets" or leakers as gospel.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Wait I won't be able to play Injustice on PS4. Fuck next gen

Said that FFXV will be PS4 exclusive because Sony was working with SE to get that game out. As did Thuway and as did Verendus. Kagari is a mod so he/she will probably not get anything happened but those other two should be banned. I already made a post about it in the relevant thread and I am not going to talk about this anymore. Kagari also claimed that PSN will not require payment for multiplayer.

I just hope people stop believing these "prophets" or leakers as gospel.

I treat all "leaker" info as rumor aka it might not and probably won't be true.

Maybe you should stop believing these "prophets" or leakers as gospel.

Dahbomb

Gaikai streaming of PS3 games... believe?

Personally speaking, KI being on a DRM filled console is a bigger issue than it having a F2P demo.

5 tokens max, 1 token regen / half hour.

So basically they are being actively hostile to newbies trying to get matchup experience.
THis is fucking dumb. Pay to play... yea OK buddy.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Gaikai streaming of PS3 games... believe?

It's cool that they have that, but I honestly doubt it could do a fighting game well without a little bit of input lag. Actually all games would have input lag I presume, it just matters with fighting games.

vocab

Also, dahbomb, Deathfist on CH already does 60-70% damage. I have 20 skill points to put into power, and I'm pretty sure I can kill someone with one move.

I unlocked Bryan after 15 mins of play.

kirblar

I treat all "leaker" info as rumor aka it might not and probably won't be true.

Maybe you should stop believing these "prophets" or leakers as gospel.
There's a reason it went to $35 2 weeks after release.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
OP updated with today's fighting game news (BBCP, Smash, KI tidbits).

FilthieRich says they're making KI with the FGC in mind. Wut. Saying Wednesdays and Thursdays they will do something for the FGC and casuals.

I have no idea what that could mean but it seems like a lost cause considering X1 DRM which makes it useless for TOs. I wonder if in the case KI actually becomes popular, how TOs will approach it, or if they will run it at all. Sounds like a massive logistical nightmare and not worth the effort IMO.

EDIT: Smash breaks GAF records again:

Most users ever online was 28,753, Today at 11:30 AM.

kirblar

OP updated with today's fighting game news (BBCP, Smash, KI tidbits).

FilthieRich says they're making KI with the FGC in mind. Wut. Saying Wednesdays and Thursdays they will do something for the FGC and casuals.

I have no idea what that could mean but it seems like a lost cause considering X1 DRM which makes it useless for TOs. I wonder if in the case KI actually becomes popular, how TOs will approach it, or if they will run it at all. Sounds like a massive logistical nightmare and not worth the effort IMO.
The FGC is who you need to tune for. We're not who you need to sell to in order to make a game take off. (Well, for publishers- MarkMan's a different story.)

Musan

So, are we going to have to buy new sticks to play fighting games on the xbone and ps4? Sorta relegates the sticks now to pc games.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";62681236]Smash is the best fighting game at E3.

It has Mega Man.

I bought SFxT for Mega Man.

SFxT.[/QUOTE]

You poor soul.

So you're gonna main the superior Villager or Wii Fit Trainer, right?

JeTmAn81

So, are we going to have to buy new sticks to play fighting games on the xbone and ps4? Sorta relegates the sticks now to pc games.

Maybe there is still some hope for PS4 being compatible with older sticks? Seems like the PS3 was the more compatible one this gen, with PS3 sticks working on both the console and PC's.

vocab

Still don't know what console to get. I'm leaning toward Sony but I just can't decide. Gotta pre-order soon.

If the idea of drm, and no used games, and high price point is something you are a fan of, by all means buy it. I'm pretty sure some people will buy it for KI, but outside of that, the other games will be on PS4/PC for the most part.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";62681236]Smash is the best fighting game at E3.

It has Mega Man.

I bought SFxT for Mega Man.

SFxT.[/QUOTE]
That trailer was so hype. Definitely one of the top moments for the direct long with the extended Bayonetta and Mario Kart 8 bits.

Top Bottom