• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 10-16 | We got new fighting games! And a new Smash Bros!

JeTmAn81

Megaman in Smash, Marvel fans are so mad. But it made me smile. Smash is great, and I think this might be the one I finally get in on (never had friends to play it with before...you need friends for Smash!). Will you be Smash friends with me, FGC-GAF?

Might just have to get a WiiU to support platinum, and I guess I'll pick up smash since it's the only actual competitive fighting game announced for next-gen. Strange times we live in.

Nyoro SF

So was capcom's surprise just the announcement of Dead Rising 3?

Yeah. Plus it was called like four days before it was shown, so...

Plus the new Dead Rising has the SUPER SERIOUS and brown n' bloom going for it, makes it look very lame and uninteresting. Someone said it looked like a Dead Island sequel and I agree, which is sad... I don't want games to overlap so much.

Megaman in Smash, Marvel fans are so mad. But it made me smile. Smash is great, and I think this might be the one I finally get in on (never had friends to play it with before...you need friends for Smash!). Will you be Smash friends with me, FGC-GAF?

I liked the changes in artstyle they did for some of the moves/knock outs. Still looks like brawl to me. Also I'm gonna say that megaman is either going to be broken or crap tier, no in between.

Dahbomb

Might just have to get a WiiU to support platinum, and I guess I'll pick up smash since it's the only actual competitive fighting game announced for next-gen. Strange times we live in.
Competitive fighting games will come for next gen, Smash isn't end all.

Beckx

Yeah. Plus it was called like four days before it was shown, so...

Plus the new Dead Rising has the SUPER SERIOUS and brown n' bloom going for it, makes it look very lame and uninteresting. Someone said it looked like a Dead Island sequel and I agree, which is sad... I don't want games to overlap so much.

Makes it easier to deal with the fact it's exclusive.

Honestly the Capy game is the only Xbox One game I'm really sad to miss out on.

Azure J

Basically.

They've got a dope western dev stuck doing super Japanesey platformers. Not that there's anything wrong with Japanesey, but it'd be nice if they weren't working on something that looks like it could be done by someone in the Japanese arm. Variety is good.

I definitely get this. Trust me I do, but the absolute venom towards what was shown is just "whoa."

Look at the title and first post on the OP for the thread here on the reveal and you'd think that Nintendo announced a spiritual successor to E.T. or some edutainment abomination instead of one of the better (best imo) 2D platfomers ever.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/344506509352382465

AjOHgrD.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wii Fit Trainer is a complete WTF. Lol @ Sakurai namedropping MvC though.

I think Capcom's surprise was Megaman in Smash.

kirblar

Wii Fit Trainer is completely hilarious (and seems to be intentionally evoking the Polygon Fighting Crew.) There have been rumblings that the game has a huge roster- I think this means they're almost certainly accurate
FFXV/KH3 not exclusive confirmed.

I better see bans, already contacted mods and posted in the relevant thread.
I hope you get tagged with that Ether.

In all the E3 hustle and bustle, was there any official announcement regarding wired PS3 accessories being usable on the PS4? Looking at Cthulhu stuff in particular. I would assume not, and I'm pretty sure that Microsoft already confirmed the Xbone will not, but Sony has been good at this in the past. So I'm hoping that it might still work even with stuff like the touch screen and share button added.

Ohh, and by the way, as a non-games Microsoft employee all that I have to say is :(.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
While GAF is still up, KI on MCZ stream. Tekken Revolution later.

The producer clarified things: KI is not F2P only. There will be regular SKUs with all the content in there + collectors edition, etc. It's just the DEMO is free to play and only includes Jago.

Nyoro SF

In all the E3 hustle and bustle, was there any official announcement regarding wired PS3 accessories being usable on the PS4? Looking at Cthulhu stuff in particular. I would assume not, and I'm pretty sure that Microsoft already confirmed the Xbone will not, but Sony has been good at this in the past. So I'm hoping that it might still work even with stuff like the touch screen and share button added.

Ohh, and by the way, as a non-games Microsoft employee all that I have to say is :(.

Highly unlikely.

But I'm not too worried, I never buy systems on launch. I always wait until the library expands a lot.

I'll probably buy a Wii U before the year is over or until we reach the first price cut, just because I want some Bayonetta 2 and TW101. :p

I definitely get this. Trust me I do, but the absolute venom towards what was shown is just "whoa."

Look at the title and first post on the OP for the thread here on the reveal and you'd think that Nintendo announced a spiritual successor to E.T. or some edutainment abomination instead of one of the better (best imo) 2D platfomers ever.
Oh Azure you don't understand. The feel of that first metroid jingle when you upraded your suit in prime, the dry cold of phendrana drifts and the heat of the lava pits... only for Retro to be put on Donkey Kong. Didn't need to be Prime though. People would have flipped their shit for something "mature" and unexpected.

My heart is weary today. I'm not even mad anymore. It's like if someone took away Ono's blanka doll.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KI looks really damn flashy. These developers are actually explaining a lot and I'm really interested in it now.

Sounds like they absolutely love 3rd Strike. Trades and throws work like 3rd Strike, etc.

They also said Glacius will be playable at EVO and they will be announcing the next character at EVO.

KI looks really damn flashy. These developers are actually explaining a lot and I'm really interested in it now.

Sounds like they absolutely love 3rd Strike. Trades and throws work like 3rd Strike, etc.

They also said Glacius will be playable at EVO and they will be announcing the next character at EVO.

I saw that as Galactus and got REALLY confused for a moment.

Microsoft seems to be unable to avoid stepping in their own shit.

Have they even given any indication as to how much they plan to charge per character? I bet it's going to be ridiculous.

You can buy the game normally and get all the characters that way. The demo has Jago only and you can optionally buy additional characters to add to the demo instead of buying the full game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The audio design in KI is great.

This doesn't tempt me at all for a X1 purchase, but it is pretty neat of a game, or at least the way the developers are talking about how they're approaching it is wooing me.

Dahbomb

You should watch the Max impressions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6_Ob32JScw

Game looks pretty good and if I was getting an Xbox One I would probably get this game. Can't wait to see more at EVO.

I like how you ignored this post:

Get mad, stay mad. :)
Actually I didn't ignore it GAF has been fucking it up that when I posted about it, the post didn't go through.

Basically what I said was that A) FChamp isn't on GAF so what the hell are you going to ban him from? B) If he WAS on GAF he SHOULD be banned C) He said a Marvel patch will come in the future like after 2014, it's not 2014 right now so he is not entirely wrong yet.

I ain't even mad, as if that's even remotely related to this. By the way all those leakers are now back tracking with the FF15 statement as expected "bbbbbut they changed at the last minute!" Yea OK buddy...

Top Bottom