• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 10-16 | We got new fighting games! And a new Smash Bros!

This.

Also, God's Beard, let the Mega Man dream die. His DNA/playstyle is now in the form of other 2d platform games.
I got SFxT because of Rolento and the hopes that Urien would be in the game.

It's not a dream. He's right there :)

You poor soul.

So you're gonna main the superior Villager or Wii Fit Trainer, right?

I'm gonna use Mega Man, but I used Shiek in the last two games so if Wii Fit Lady is similar to Shiek I'll give her a shot.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The new smash bros. doesn't have that horrendous art style they had going on in Brawl. Also the 3DS version looks exceptionally ugly.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The new smash bros. doesn't have that horrendous art style they had going on in Brawl. Also the 3DS version looks exceptionally ugly.
It looks like Borderlands with more colour and definition.

so no

But it doesn't look as good as the Wii U version, where they've really done a number with the lighting and all that.

kirblar

This nut hugging of KI is incredible, its like Cross Tekken all over again how long untill they get over the new game hype and its ass?

Dont get me wrong it could be a great game, but to see people on twitter turn their opinion on the xbox as soon as a fighter was announced is silly.
It's the same thing that happened with PSABR - they're all friends and caught up in a hype vortex.

Clawww

Really? The Wii U version's style looks pretty bland to me so far. It's kind of boring, but I'm more worried about the gameplay anyways.

Beckx

I wonder what that really means. There is no way that MS will grant exemptions to online policies. None. I cannot see Mattrick allowing a situation where a fighting game tournament doesn't have to jump through the hoops that he's telling people are necessary in order for the platform to work.

So I wonder if it's something else, like a multi-license TO pack, or something weird like that.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";62715281]It's not a dream. He's right there :)

I'm gonna use Mega Man, but I used Shiek in the last two games so if Wii Fit Lady is similar to Shiek I'll give her a shot.[/QUOTE]

tumblr_mo91ccyyOw1rrgdk0o1_500.png

I will see on the battlefield.

kick51

Banned
The FEEL of an actual arcade.

Off topic but FFXV actually looks kinda cool now that we have seen some actual game play although I have no idea how the combat system works. So many crazy teleports and acrobatics.. I mean it's essentially a full on action game now with some RPG elements thrown in. Has the feel of Advent Children.

It's not even the feel, it's kind of literal. I don't even mean it's like if you were running out of quarters at an arcade today, it's like being 10 and broke and those few coins are important as fuck.

Like, you've got 3 quarters, your mom just got there, she's pissed and wants to leave, but as long as you win, you can keep telling her to wait, but if you lose, she'll pull you by the ear out the door.

That's tekken revolution.

oh, except some guy can pay to have a stronger character which is bullshit lol

I love Dahbomb's passion.

People who get hype over KI = people who thought SFxT ever looked good.

Mega man in Smash is the best game news of E3 so far.

Bayonetta 2 better let you unlock her original hair or something. Not pleased about the new look.

PS4 paywall pisses me off. Not sure if I will buy. I will need a huge title to convince me.

People who buy XBone are better off leaving the hobby behind for the sake of gaming.

Dahbomb

People who buy XBone are better off leaving the hobby behind for the sake of gaming.
LOL...

And you will buy PS4, it's just a matter of when. For me the next big game is probably MGSV, I mean MGS4 was my first PS3 game as well. I will probably get a PS4 when MGSV drops and then get a few games along the way.

I thought it looked bad when they showed the trailer... then when they played it despite the bad play it looked better. Then Max made the impression video where he went into detail why despite people's initial skepticism they were turned around by the game. Personally the art style looks way better than SFxT and even MK9... plus it looks more hype and exciting than either game. Probably will be broken and dumb as hell but oh well.

Everything I saw about Killer Instinct was terrible except for the graphics, I thought it looked cool lol. Also KI 1/2 were notoriously bad, they were popular in a time when no one knew anything about games. All the "oldschool" players that thought they were good, and still enjoy the hobby today, are just bad players.

Chavelo

Man, I'm getting all sorts of hype for new consoles, but then I remembered that I never buy them on launch. Keep it smart, kids. Wait for the fighting games and arcade sticks to be released and then wait on a bundle deal. #PCALLDAYEXCEPTFORFIGHTINGGAMES

Yo, Karst. You already moved to Colorado Springs, right? We're having a big gathering to prep for EVO this Saturday if you're interested.

I figure by the time I've saved up enough money for a PS4, I'll have enough money to actually start paying for PS+ for once.

As for Killer Instinct, I'm glad it's coming out so people will realize why it stunk to begin with.

And as far as Smash is concerned, the 3DS version has an art style that kinda reminds me of what SF4 was trying to go for.

kirblar

PS4 paywall pisses me off. Not sure if I will buy. I will need a huge title to convince me.
It almost certainly leads to better infrastructure, so I don't mind. This stuff requires maintenance.

Beckx

Bayonetta 2 better let you unlock her original hair or something. Not pleased about the new look.

I really love Bayo's new look (sent some praise to the lead artist today, figuring everything would go to Kamiya by default). I like that they've flipped Bayo and Jeanne, we'll have to see where they go. It's not a DmC situation or DR3, as these are the creators evolving their creation.

Or maybe I just like short hair. :D

Edit: blame Kamiya. Hah.

@PG_kamiya 2m
Yeah, I suggested. :) RT @CacaManPowa: Who decided the Bayonetta,s new haircut? You?

Oh, if anyone hasn't seen it yet, this fun. Don Mattrick has the perfect solution if you don't like mandatory online: buy a 360. (This was recorded 2 days ago, and released today, so who knows how they'd respond after the Tretton/Yosp carpet bombing, but I bet it would be the same).

And yeah, paywall sucks. Getting Drive Club for free kinda cancels out the cost of PS+ but it still sucks.

Frantic

And you will buy PS4, it's just a matter of when. For me the next big game is probably MGSV, I mean MGS4 was my first PS3 game as well. I will probably get a PS4 when MGSV drops and then get a few games along the way.
I hope Konami decides to follow Revengence and make MGSV a PC title.

A man can dream, right?

Kioshen

So I never really played any tekken. I was looking forward to give it a shot with Revolution ... finds out there's no training mode nor tutorial whatsoever. What the fuck is this shit !? Looks like I wasted bandwidth ugh.

3/5

Mirror's Edge is the game announcement of E3. Short hair can look good too. Means we get to see more of Bayonetta's back. ;)

Dahbomb

ZIP 'EM UP!!!!

At least he apologized like an honorable leaker.

And I like the new Bayonetta hair cut. Previous hair cut made her look like Sarah Palin.

A man can dream, right?
Of course you can... this is NeoGAF the land of the dreams and beliefs.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Still not feeling Killer Instinct after watching some gameplay.

And I trust Maximillian's opinion about as far as I can throw him.

I've never given Bayonetta a chance because shoe guns are just about the stupidest thing I can imagine. Is that wrong?

It sure is.

Scott Rohde said it's "likely" fightsticks and other usb based peripherals will work on ps4 during GB interview, said he will have to look into it more to confirm yes or no. Here's to hoping.

Top Bottom