• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 10-16 | We got new fighting games! And a new Smash Bros!

Scott Rohde said it's "likely" fightsticks and other usb based peripherals will work on ps4 during GB interview, said he will have to look into it more to confirm yes or no. Here's to hoping.

I'll bet any amount of Bison Dollars that people are going to have to buy new sticks or, at the bare minimum, some sort of converter.

Frantic

Of course you can... this is NeoGAF the land of the dreams and beliefs.
Then I will also dream of FFXV on PC. If both came to PC, I wouldn't have any reason to get a PS4... unless it got an exclusive DMC5. Then I'll shell over the money.

I've never given Bayonetta a chance because shoe guns are just about the stupidest thing I can imagine. Is that wrong?
As someone who isn't even really a fan of Bayonetta, yes. Yes, it is.

Also short haired Bayonetta is superior.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Scott Rohde, SVP of product development in a GiantBomb interview said USB devices (he was asked about fightsticks specifically) are "likely" but "not guaranteed" to work on PS4.

Source (Around the 19 minute mark.)
Colour me shocked this is even a possibility from his answer.

I've never given Bayonetta a chance because shoe guns are just about the stupidest thing I can imagine. Is that wrong?
I've never given Bayonetta a chance because the character design and art is pretty boring and ugly, but the gun shoes are dope as fuck.

Dahbomb

Then I will also dream of FFXV on PC. If both came to PC, I wouldn't have any reason to get a PS4... unless it got an exclusive DMC5. Then I'll shell over the money.
If anything DMC5 has a better chance of coming to PC than FFXV.

At E3 though it was PC gamers who really "won". Most of these big name games that were showcased work the best on PC. There will however be some games that only come on consoles because Japanese devs just don't like the platform so it's safe to get the PS4 IMO with a side of Wii U.

Shoe guns are awesome though as are any other weapons you can put on your feet. 4 limb combat is true next gen stuff.

I've never given Bayonetta a chance because the character design and art is pretty boring and ugly, but the gun shoes are dope as fuck.
Something judge a book by its cover something...

Good or bad one thing I can say is that Bayonetta's design is definitely not boring.

kirblar

SFxT makes a little more sense now- I bet they had committed the "normal" Mega Man and Pac-Man to Brawl and thus they weren't available.

CurlyW

Call me crazy (you're crazy) but I think Killer Instinct F2P could work. (you're insane)

I think Wii Fit Trainer in SSB4 is fine. I'm guessing they wanted something to represent the Wii era of Nintendo, which is understandable, but they didn't have a whole lot to pick from. (Rosalina? Midna? Dr. Derek Stiles?)

Also Karst moved? I'm sad.

I played killer instinct today. It didn't get me super hype, but it didn't suck like I thought it would. It felt like a bastard version of SF4, feel wise to me. Except the combos of course. Ill pick it up.

Malice215

I hope Konami decides to follow Revengence and make MGSV a PC title.

A man can dream, right?

They probably will once they're done making money from the console versions. Shouldn't be too much work to port games to PC now with this new gen.

So I never really played any tekken. I was looking forward to give it a shot with Revolution ... finds out there's no training mode nor tutorial whatsoever. What the fuck is this shit !? Looks like I wasted bandwidth ugh.

I don't get why people think F2P is going to take off for fighting games when you have to deal with stuff like this. What good is a fighting game with no training mode or a tutorial?

I'll wait to see how F2P does for a game built from the ground up using a F2P model instead of just cannibalizing an existing game to fit this model and squeeze whatever money you can out of people.

How can someone think Iron Man has a great design but then hate Bayonetta? That's imoressively bad taste.

Call me crazy (you're crazy) but I think Killer Instinct F2P could work. (you're insane)

I think Wii Fit Trainer in SSB4 is fine. I'm guessing they wanted something to represent the Wii era of Nintendo, which is understandable, but they didn't have a whole lot to pick from. (Rosalina? Midna? Dr. Derek Stiles?)

Also Karst moved? I'm sad.
I'm in the process. I just signed a lease to rent a house today, on a train back to Chicago right now. I'll be in CO by the end of the month.

I hope to make it out to one more weekly before I move. That group is the only thing I will miss about Chicago. It's a great group that made me feel welcome and like I had a place there even though I was only able to attend for a few months.

Also, Wii Fit Trainer is a classic Sakurai pick. Love it or hate it, it's part of the man's style to do this, and the game is better off for it. It's good that she got announced early. Most of the angry people will forget about her in a month.

@Chavelo: thanks for the invite. Give me a ring around the second week of July and I'll be ready for action.

Dahbomb

Why do people think I ask for every leaker to be banned?

Sounds like he is making a good prediction even though he prefaced it by saying "unlikely". I mean I can throw my own Smash Bros prediction and will not never get banned.

Example:

Hey guys here's my unlikely and near impossible prediction for Smash Bros:

Dante (OG), Bayonetta, Raiden, Cloud, Pac Man, Heihachi

Source? My anus.

How can someone think Iron Man has a great design but then hate Bayonetta? That's imoressively bad taste.
Iron Man has more than one design though. His older designs were straight garbage but his newer ones are sleeker and just way better. Probably why he has garnered a lot of mainstream appeal, if his suit looked like shit people would not go in droves to watch a movie with that thing in it.

Sayah

I love Dahbomb's passion.

People who get hype over KI = people who thought SFxT ever looked good.

Mega man in Smash is the best game news of E3 so far.

Bayonetta 2 better let you unlock her original hair or something. Not pleased about the new look.

PS4 paywall pisses me off. Not sure if I will buy. I will need a huge title to convince me.

People who buy XBone are better off leaving the hobby behind for the sake of gaming.

PS4 purchase confirmed whenever one of these releases: Dark Souls III, TKXSF, FFXV, KH3 or Tekken 7.

Wii U purchase with Smash Bros. is confirmed, no doubt. Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 7 and X also have me really hyped. All four of these are visually stunning games. Don't care for 3D Mario, though. However, Nintendo is also HEAVILY lacking in 3rd party titles. There is nothing. If they could have even confirmed KH3 or FFXV, I would have been able to delay a PS4 purchase.

kirblar

Sounds like he is making a good prediction even though he prefaced it by saying "unlikely". I mean I can throw my own Smash Bros prediction and will not never get banned.
It's the exact prediction that website said they were given as a tip. ;)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
If nintendo wanted something to rep the wii era wouldn't a mii avatar be a better fit?

Yoga poses as attacks makes some amount of sense I guess? Then again a Mii could Wii Sports you with a baseball bat or something. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mii

Tekken Revolution sucks ass. There's no training mode and you have to fucking verify to play Arcade Mode, which didn't even work so I got kicked back to the start screen and the game wouldn't start anymore.

GGs Tekken.

Also, Bayonetta's new haircut is a hundred times better than her old one. So hot.

Will definitely be getting a ps4, but no where near launch time. I never get things at launch, usually have to wait 3 years. Hoping this time it will be shorter though. And I might just get a Wii U for Bayonetta 2, love the new design with the short hair. SNES was my first console and KI my first console game, which probably got me into fighters in the first place, but no way will I get an Xbone just for KI.

Good taste, Sayah! U can't seem to multicultural across pages in the phone.

Iron Man has more than one design though. His older designs were straight garbage but his newer ones are sleeker and just way better. Probably why he has garnered a lot of mainstream appeal, if his suit looked like shit people would not go in droves to watch a movie with that thing in it.
Transformers looks like shit. And mainstream appeal =/= something looking good. The average person thinks that whoever Hollywood puts on a throne is the hottest woman in the world, even though most of them, like Jennifer Aniston, are just above average.

Dahbomb

Transformers looks like shit. And mainstream appeal =/= something looking good. The average person thinks that whoever Hollywood puts on a throne is the hottest woman in the world, even though most of them, like Jennifer Aniston, are just above average.
Well then it's a good thing that Iron Man isn't a Transformer. Iron Man (the current versions) look more similar to Japanese mechs/bio suits. Sleeker, humanoid.. less bulky and mechanical.

DEATH™

PS4 purchase confirmed whenever one of these releases: Dark Souls III, TKXSF, FFXV, KH3 or Tekken 7.

Wii U purchase with Smash Bros. is confirmed, no doubt. Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 7 and X also have me really hyped. All four of these are visually stunning games. Don't care for 3D Mario, though. However, Nintendo is also HEAVILY lacking in 3rd party titles. There is nothing. If they could have even confirmed KH3 or FFXV, I would have been able to delay a PS4 purchase.

I wish Advance Wars comes out of Wii U...

But yeah... PS4 and Wii U complement each other for some reason..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Well then it's a good thing that Iron Man isn't a Transformer. Iron Man (the current versions) look more similar to Japanese mechs/bio suits. Sleeker, humanoid.. less bulky and mechanical.
Eh, Iron Man was great back in the day too. I like the more muscular look of a lot of his other armors from back in the day too, SKIN armor etc. It's moreover a product of culture changing I think.

Anyways, Iron Man is 10x cooler than Bayonetta anyways. Not into demonic virtual latex fantasies, though I understand that might tickle some men in the right spot. Insecure asshole millionaires who build cool shit are much sexier.

Dahbomb

Eh, Iron Man was great back in the day too. I like the more muscular look of a lot of his other armors from back in the day too, SKIN armor etc. It's moreover a product of culture changing I think.

Anyways, Iron Man is 10x cooler than Bayonetta anyways. Not into demonic virtual latex fantasies, though I understand that might tickle some men in the right spot. Insecure asshole millionaires who build cool shit are much sexier.
What the fuck is this shit?

accessory-iron-man-skates-1.jpg

Fucking terrible is what it is.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What the fuck is this shit?

accessory-iron-man-skates-1.jpg

Fucking terrible is what it is.
This.. this is an armor I haven't seen.

LMAO @ the rollerskates. I'm dying.

The classic armors have an air of simplicity to their designs though, I like that kind of stuff because it's what builds iconicity.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
OK OK I'll play Bayonetta.

First you join EMP, now this

Lost Fragment...you changed, baby

I enjoy beef ravioli, what can I say.

DEATH™;62778556 said:
I wish Advance Wars comes out of Wii U...

But yeah... PS4 and Wii U complement each other for some reason..

WiiUS4 baby.

Not a lot on the Wii U right now that excites me but Nintendo definitely has some cool stuff in the pipeline.

Dahbomb

This.. this is an armor I haven't seen.

LMAO @ the rollerskates. I'm dying.

The classic armors have an air of simplicity to their designs though, I like that kind of stuff because it's what builds iconicity.
This is what the "classic" armors looked like (minus the skates though, that was just the one issue thing). It's hard to even call them armors, it looks like a chest piece, helmet and gloves/boots that are sort of robotic but not really. Terrible design all around.

It was only in the 90s that Iron Man's design improved. As did his character and background. Old school Iron Man was pretty bad, B/C tier Marvel character at best. Still has one of the worst rogue galleries of a big name super hero.

Top Bottom