• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 10-16 | We got new fighting games! And a new Smash Bros!

WiiUS4 baby.

Not a lot on the Wii U right now that excites me but Nintendo definitely has some cool stuff in the pipeline.

Same here, although I am a bit bummed out by the lineup so far. Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 are going to be great, but I really wish they could've pushed Mario Kart 8 out for the holiday season this year, would've really helped, I'm sure.

I've never bought a console day 1. The closest I've come is picking up a Gameboy Advance on day 4 or so after hearing good things about the Castlevania game on it. And that was only like 130 bucks or so, so it wasn't a big deal as a semi-impulse buy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The only console I've bought day 1 was the original Xbox. Partially because we got a $100+ discount offered on launch and I might have received it a few days early too.

Eh, Iron Man was great back in the day too. I like the more muscular look of a lot of his other armors from back in the day too, SKIN armor etc. It's moreover a product of culture changing I think.

Anyways, Iron Man is 10x cooler than Bayonetta anyways. Not into demonic virtual latex fantasies, though I understand that might tickle some men in the right spot. Insecure asshole millionaires who build cool shit are much sexier.
Bayo is very popular among female gamers, too.

I'm actually looking forward to Bayonetta now. I hated the first game but goddamn that haircut sold me.

Also, Megaman. So hot right now.

screen-9fyax4.jpg

Edgeward

I have ps4 on pre-order just cause. I could always back out depending on how the pc ports for the next gen titles are. But right now, I do like the features present. Especially being able to put it to sleep and just pop back into the game just like in IOS and vita.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";62794346]I'm actually looking forward to Bayonetta now. I hated the first game but goddamn that haircut sold me.

screen-9fyax4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It's all about Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.

Real talk.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Realistic as in it doesn't look like it's cel shaded, hand drawn, or anime ala SFIV. The original games were realistic looking too.

Even if KI were to be the greatest fighting game ever made, it could be a victim of circumstances. Being an exclusive on a console that is most likely isn't going to be tournament standard with other various reasons is going to keep it from reaching it's potential. It could get ugly.

Beckx

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";62794346]I'm actually looking forward to Bayonetta now. I hated the first game but goddamn that haircut sold me.

screen-9fyax4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Looks soooo good. I emailed my son several of the Nintendo trailers to watch when he got out of school. He was over the moon about Mega Man when he got home.

Dahbomb

It kinda does look like it has some subtle cel shading. It's hard to put my finger on it but there is some stylized element to the visuals.

Killer Instinct is gonna be that game that everyone makes fun of at tournaments and on stream.

Congratulations, Skullgirls fans. You've been promoted.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It can still sell well amongst the old schoolers waiting for a sequel being all nostalgic and casual gamers but no way this is going to be a fully fledge tournament game with shelf life.

The very first time I went to a club back in the mid-90s they were playing Killer Cuts.

Dahbomb

If this was on PS4 then this would've been way more well received.

Like these guys going over the game make it look completely legitimate. I am just a bit concerned about how combo breakers work but they said they will be testing it a lot to get it just right.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
That stream earlier was trying real hard to convince people it was a fighting game.

"It has overheads!"

"It has trades!"

"It has resets!"

They should just let the game speak for itself instead of going "this one's real I swear"

Dahbomb

That combo at the end was hype. Now I know what Max was talking about.

Alex Valla vs Justin "Marvelous" Wong coming up next.

sleepykyo

I hope they make Orchid more like her first game self instead of the Janet Jackson lookalike.

It was kind of hard seeing KI2 Orchid as Jago's sister. Tanned white guy and Janet Jackson? Come on now, Michael was anything but tanned for a good portion of his latter life.

Top Bottom