• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 10-16 | We got new fighting games! And a new Smash Bros!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
KI looks like it has the same problem with combos that SFxT does, which is, long-ass combos that are boring as shit. Marvel has long combos, but at least during Marvel combos a bunch of crazy shit is going on.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KI looks like it has the same problem with combos that SFxT does, which is, long-ass combos that are boring as shit. Marvel has long combos, but at least during Marvel combos a bunch of crazy shit is going on.
I think KI combos have a lot of shit going on, it's just visually messy (big issue in SFxTK) and not really 100% clear wtf is going on because of all the model overlap.

I liked James Chen's comment when we first saw KI, it really looks like some shit you see when devs just get their first hands on new hardware/tech and just go wild with effects/lighting/etc. From what Max says though, it looks a lot less washed out in person.

Dahbomb

Don't worry it has like four more months of dev time it'll be great in the end.
The version they showed at E3 is not even the most current version. They have a more current version will be shown at EVO so there might be some visual changes. They did say there will be more mechanics shown at EVO.

Dahbomb

That's another thing... it seems really late to be taking feedback unless its feedback just related to balance changes.

Which IMO is not a great idea either because a location test without every character and every mechanic available does not really lead to accurate testing. Really though they should've done it using the Injustice method... I thought they did a great job and the game wasn't broken on release date.

xCobalt

Not sure if this applies to all KI games but is the camera usually that close? Maybe I'm accustomed to street fighter but it seems like the characters take up a lot of the screen.

Corsick

I don't really know where to post this, and I'm a junior so I can't make a new thread, but I just saw this on twitter. This is big news for the fighting game community. It's a really nice thing for Sony to do.

Event Hubs ‏@eventhubscom 21m
Likely PlayStation 3 USB peripherals will work on PlayStation 4 including FightSticks

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...ill-work-playstation-4-including-fightsticks/

In particular, it was asked if the PS3 USB peripherals such as FightSticks would work on the PlayStation 4. While Scott Rohde didn't know for sure he said "it is likely the PS3 peripherals will work on on PS4."

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'll be so happy if that were true, I have way more PS3 sticks than I do 360.

This is going to be my next one.

970747_517262281655602_845374256_n.jpg

I want to play Street Fighter or Skullgirls tonight. Anyone up for matches? Preferably around my skill level with those games (I suck).

Top Bottom