• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 10-16 | We got new fighting games! And a new Smash Bros!

Dahbomb

In one of the KI interviews yesterday they were like "Someone asked how viable zoning is in this game. We've got 3 types of characters in the game. Balanced characters like Jago, rushdown characters, and grapplers!"

Way to answer the question, bro.
They said they have zoners and wanted to make that playstyle viable but I am not convinced. Game seems heavily geared for getting in and doing combos while mixing you up and baiting breakers.

A character like Glacius is essentially a zoner. I don't think combo breakers are nearly as broken in this game as the original but we shall see.

Karst ban bet or no deal. You gotta put something of worth on the line. Myself I am not betting for or against KI at all.

They said they have zoners and wanted to make that playstyle viable but I am not convinced. Game seems heavily geared for getting in and doing combos while mixing you up and baiting breakers.
Well, it is like day two. I think we can cut them some slack. You would have probably been super tight with Mike had he kept telling you SG would have a zoner for five years until Peacock finally became a thing. :p

A character like Glacius is essentially a zoner. I don't think combo breakers are nearly as broken in this game as the original but we shall see.

Karst ban bet or no deal. You gotta put something of worth on the line. Myself I am not betting for or against KI at all.
I don't gamble, but if I did, a ban bet on KI being a bad game is too god damn free. I don't even know how the bet would be settled, since everyone here has various opinions on what makes for a good fighting game.

things are getting interesting in the fg thread lol. So I saw the small interview they did about the new te2 sticks and were like nope can't see in side. Has there been anymore news/impressions? Were the ppl playing the new ki using the new te2?

Frantic

Why does the new Killer Instinct have so many particles? Two fireballs clashing looks stupid with how many sparks are flying everywhere. Can't see shit.

Kojima announced MGSV for PC, to release after the console versions.

Thank you based Kojima.
Aw yeah.

Now for Square-Enix to announce a delayed PC release of FFXV.
Probably not, but still more likely than a Marvel patch so I will believe!

Dahbomb

I don't gamble, but if I did, a ban bet on KI being a bad game is too god damn free. I don't even know how the bet would be settled, since everyone here has various opinions on what makes for a good fighting game.
How about you bet on KI making it to EVO 2014?

Game will probably get patched to hell so even though it might be broken at start it may be less so in the future. So its hard to gauge. It making it to EVO would make it at least a legitimate competitive fighter and something we can actually bet on that is not subjective to player opinion.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Game will probably get patched to hell so even though it might be broken at start it may be less so in the future. So its hard to gauge. It making it to EVO would make it at least a legitimate competitive fighter and something we can actually bet on that is not subjective to player opinion.

That's a terrible bet. Microsoft will pay to get it into EVO guaranteed.

That's a terrible bet. Microsoft will pay to get it into EVO guaranteed.
This. Even SFxT and MK made it to Evo.

And what kind of idiot makes a bet with nothing to gain? Lol.

Nyoro SF

The game will get to EVO 2014, the proper $$ will exchange hands for it to happen. It's already being demoed at EVO 2013... it's only a matter of time.

IS anyone seriously going to be playing it a year from now? The game is looking like the competitive scene is going to die within two months if even. I guess it can get moneyhatted in though.

FinKL

Hope you guys enjoyed the Killer Instinct stream last night. I was super hype when Gootecks called me up to get the stream setup. The developers are really friendly guys who are looking for all kinds of feedback relating to the game.

Stream was great got a better feel of the game especially with Justin/Alex. Too bad Jago absolutely gets mauled. Fireball? Let me me just pass through those meterless and on reaction since the notation is Back-Forward, no charge.

Original KI, I think, every character had a projectile invincible move or a way around them. I think they got smarter for KI2, since they made projectile invincible moves cost meter (shadow moves). Sabrewulf getting a free "in" card, in this build is pretty strong vs all fireballs, so hopefully this sentiment is being reached. Otherwise, fireballs will be relegated to what they were originally in KI, jugglers.

Dahbomb

Its all about the money hats son. :D

And some people do think that MK9 and SfXT are good games. Plus Mr Wizard digs the game already.

Infinite

Why does the new Killer Instinct have so many particles? Two fireballs clashing looks stupid with how many sparks are flying everywhere. Can't see shit.

I thought I was the only one. I literally have a problem where too many flashing lights causes me migraines so i can't bear to watch this game too long as is :/

kick51

Banned
Well, it is like day two. I think we can cut them some slack. You would have probably been super tight with Mike had he kept telling you SG would have a zoner for five years until Peacock finally became a thing. :p

It's day 2, but hearing them talk and looking at the mechanics makes me think zoning is heavily discouraged. Fireballs are there to make your opponent attempt to get in...which is neat, i guess.

xCobalt

The game will get to EVO 2014, the proper $$ will exchange hands for it to happen. It's already being demoed at EVO 2013... it's only a matter of time.

Until they can find a way to get around the check in every 24 hours, we'll probably only see KI as a small exhibition or a one day event.

thanks.

also, hardest thing about KI at EVO is not the game itself, it's the console.

can't play offline, imagine if net goes down during GF, doesn't do the 24 check, game snaps into dashboard. that's the biggest hurdle.

Hell, Tekken Revolution needs online and it still fucks up Arcade Mode when I do have a connection. I don't trust any of this shit to work.

Beckx

Old? Sakurai covers the new characters, updates, and such for Smash Wii U and 3DS.

Asia gets no Xbox one love for a year, and a huge chunk of the rest of the world, notably South America, won't get some love for a little while either. The console is going to alienate a ton of people besides the fact that many people seem to have made it clear they won't bother with the system. The game would have less entrants than Tekken at NCR.

And apparently the authentication for the console and the authentication codes for games are region locked - maybe by IP.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Asia gets no Xbox one love for a year, and a huge chunk of the rest of the world, notably South America, won't get some love for a little while either. The console is going to alienate a ton of people besides the fact that many people seem to have made it clear they won't bother with the system. The game would have less entrants than Tekken at NCR.

It's day 2, but hearing them talk and looking at the mechanics makes me think zoning is heavily discouraged. Fireballs are there to make your opponent attempt to get in...which is neat, i guess.
Ah, that is a different matter then. I haven't seen much at all. Don't really see the point in looking since there is no way I'm buying an Xbone.

ASY6dVe.png

Dahbomb

Non US gamers alienated by the Xbox One.... YA DONT SAY!!!??

The console is extremely anti-2nd/3rd world nation. I know some dumb fuck is going to say "if you live in a 3rd world country then you have bigger problems than just gaming". There are many people in 3rd world countries who have just enough income to afford an Internet connection, a console and a few games. But these are the people who play predominately single player games because online is unreliable and they don't have ways to purchase online subscriptions/Xbox Live because they don't have credit cards. Xbox One is a big fuck you to these people and there are a lot of these people out there. When you live in a singular environment and ecosystem you fail to realize this.

PS4 is going to demolish Xbox One in international territories so hard. Everyone already goes for cheaper stuff with more perceived value. It's how the PS2 was big and it's how the Wii was big.

alstein

Evo will be PS4 only for next-gen. Guaranteed at this point, so no chance.

Grecco

PS4 is going to demolish Xbox One in international territories so hard. Everyone already goes for cheaper stuff with more perceived value. It's how the PS2 was big and it's how the Wii was big.

it wont be any different than xbox 360 vs ps3 where xbox dominates usa and ps4 leads in europe and japan

Dahbomb

it wont be any different than xbox 360 vs ps3 where xbox dominates usa and ps4 leads in europe and japan
The margin will be greater this gen and I wouldn't be shocked to see PS4 lead in US as well.

PS3 launched with a much higher price and 1 year after the 360. This time they are both launching on equal footing and PS4 is $100 cheaper with superior on paper specs. This is without even getting into DRM non sense or the fact that the Xbox One will be a god damn expensive brick in select countries at launch. PS3 and 360 ended up being equal this gen but it will not be neck to neck next gen.

I will bet my account on it and it will be worth it because I am not interested in a future where the Xbox One is reigning supreme.

kirblar

Arturo Sanchez ‏@nycfurby 1m

Don't listen to bifuteki all he does is try to cpm vulture our own events whenever we are not there and does a bad job. Plz get ur own event
Arturo Sanchez presents: The real on blast show.

sleepykyo

The margin will be greater this gen and I wouldn't be shocked to see PS4 lead in US as well.

PS3 launched with a much higher price and 1 year after the 360. This time they are both launching on equal footing and PS4 is $100 cheaper with superior on paper specs. This is without even getting into DRM non sense or the fact that the Xbox One will be a god damn expensive brick in select countries at launch. PS3 and 360 ended up being equal this gen but it will not be neck to neck next gen.

I will bet my account on it and it will be worth it because I am not interested in a future where the Xbox One is reigning supreme.

This is shooter country and Microsoft is still king with Halo, Gears (though Judgment might have damaged the brand) and Titanfall. Titanfall was pretty remarkable. I didn't think it was possible to dial up the crazy to 11 (the wall runs, 5 lines of positive reinforcement on kill) and still seem no more ridiculous than a usual modern military shooter.

Id put a long term bison dollar bet on this ps4 vs xbone. I personally preorderd the ps4, but I would like to see what the future holds

Top Bottom