• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 11-17

BiggNife

Yeah I don't think I can deal with this stream lag

I'll check again in like a half hour, hopefully it'll be better then

Dahbomb

Dante, Wolverine, Phoenix and the invincible assists SHOULD HAVE been nerfed. There are no two ways about it and I am SO fucking glad those teams ended up being grand finals. I remember people sleeping on Haggar assist until Viscant showed otherwise. Wesker's gun shot BS SHOULD HAVE been nerfed too and they did but then they gave him a bunch of nonsensical buffs to even it out.

Most of that stuff was known prior to EVO, if you didn't know that invincible B Slash was busted then you didn't need to see EVO to convince you otherwise. I don't think there is going to be anything TOO outrageous shown at EVO that will demand a nerf bat, most of EVO is going to be stuff we have seen already. If there is a patch coming for Marvel, most have the nerfs/buffs have already been planned out for the most part.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Did not expect the most electrifying man in virtual sports entertainment to lose like that. He'll be back though he'll be back.

Golden "I'm stealing my internet off a homeless man in a box" Chen. Someone wank spooky.

Dante, Wolverine, Phoenix and the invincible assists SHOULD HAVE been nerfed. There are no two ways about it and I am SO fucking glad those teams ended up being grand finals. I remember people sleeping on Haggar assist until Viscant showed otherwise. Wesker's gun shot BS SHOULD HAVE been nerfed too and they did but then they gave him a bunch of nonsensical buffs to even it out.

Most of that stuff was known prior to EVO, if you didn't know that invincible B Slash was busted then you didn't need to see EVO to convince you otherwise. I don't think there is going to be anything TOO outrageous shown at EVO that will demand a nerf bat, most of EVO is going to be stuff we have seen already. If there is a patch coming for Marvel, most have the nerfs/buffs have already been planned out for the most part.
I agree with all of that, but it still gives me reason to be paranoid!

Niitsuma is coming to Evo, after all. To show off a new game? Probably. To see his greatest creation in action and judge what ought to be changed? Undoubtedly.

Are they gong to be showing mainly Mahvel tonight at Big Two? Not that this is a problem with all the killers in the building. Just curious!!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Spooky finally got a subscriber button on Twitch ($4.99).

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Subscribed. Just in time for CEO. :) Looks like you get a little TS Icon.
uSiB0.png

And the East Coast server for Twitch is fixed. Next Level's internet is the culprit.

Grecco

Hell yes it was, it was complete bull shit that he could confirm into a combo from near full screen away with almost 0 effort. He can still do that if he is sped up.

In the realm of bullshitery its behind shit like Vanilla Pheonix, Vanilla Dante, Vanilla Wolverine haggar/tron ect heck cant dorm kinda do that shit now ? kinda?

Dahbomb

I see EVO as more of a "final word" sort of thing, like the bottom line after a long essay.

The long essay were the 8 months+ of tournament/stream data we have had on the game plus all the podcasts, theory fighter talk, tier lists and discussions on the game. The last line or so of the essay is EVO and it basically sums it all up.

In the realm of bullshitery its behind shit like Vanilla Pheonix, Vanilla Dante, Vanilla Wolverine haggar/tron ect heck cant dorm kinda do that shit now ? kinda?
It's definitely within the same realm of BS and it doesn't compare to Dorm's because it's way faster and basically cannot be reacted to and very difficult to hit him out of it. It would've been completely stupid in Ultimate where air dashers can't even block during their air dash.

Viscant basically stated that if Capcom gave him that gun shot back and Haggar's old assist back BUT kept Phoenix the same... he would've won EVO again this year.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
OH MY GOD THAT WAS GODLIKE..

FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBLAT.................

jump pipe this fool

jump clap this fool

jump gun this fool

megaman freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I see EVO as more of a "final word" sort of thing, like the bottom line after a long essay.

The long essay were the 8 months+ of tournament/stream data we have had on the game plus all the podcasts, theory fighter talk, tier lists and discussions on the game. The last line or so of the essay is EVO and it basically sums it all up.

It's definitely within the same realm of BS and it doesn't compare to Dorm's because it's way faster and basically cannot be reacted to and very difficult to hit him out of it. It would've been completely stupid in Ultimate where air dashers can't even block during their air dash.

Viscant basically stated that if Capcom gave him that gun shot back and Haggar's old assist back BUT kept Phoenix the same... he would've won EVO again this year.
Also, Wesker's gunshot has 3 durability to Dark Matter's 1.

Dahbomb

Noel "best in the world" Brown has got this.

Body that fraud Noel.

Apparently there is some grudge between the two.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Really loving FChamp + Chris on the mic. Great combo.

Noel brown unleashing the wesker booty bounce on CJ's face. lol.

Top Bottom