• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

Wow, Birdie got huge. I like it!

Also, his mutton chops are out of control. Seriously, those things are more ridiculous than his Rick Ross gut.

In hindsight, announcing a kickstarter at your E3 conference felt like something Triforce would do

It leaves a bad taste in my mouth

this is what happens when you eat too many bananas and hot peppers
birdie_1.jpg

sfv-birdie-reveal-tall-2.png

Clawww

really thought they would spend a bit more time on SFV to push the esports stuff

idk, just a few minutes at least, bring someone out on stage. it's a pretty high profile 'exclusive' for them so I'm surprised

Kimosabae

Banned
I hope people aren't drinking TLG kook-aid. Game is an anachronism at this point. It needed to be released 5 years ago. Interesting premise but not impressive in the slightest.

The entire presentation was off-kilter, and reeked of a slapdash response to fanaticism to pad the conference. They showed a vertical slice that could have been sitting around for years for all we know and quickly moved forward to No Man's Sky, without even giving you a chance to think about the fact that a release window wasn't even given let alone a release date. This is still vaporware of the highest order in my eyes.

Pappasman

I hope people aren't drinking TLG kook-aid. Game is an anachronism at this point. It needed to be released 5 years ago. Interesting but not impressive in the slightest.

The entire presentation was off-kilter, and reeked of a slapdash response to fanaticism to pad the conference. They showed a vertical slice that could have been sitting around for years for all we know and quickly moved forward to No Man's Sky, without even giving you a chance to think about the fact that a release window wasn't even given let a lone a release date.

Couple that with the poor framerate and the lack of any real "gameplay" and yeah... underwhelming.

The Light

Sony couldn't have funded Shenmue 3 themselves? It was messed up that they announced a kickstarter during a publisher conference.

Other than that everything shown today actually made me want to pick up a current console.

Skab

So when's the severe amount of SF5 streaming?

Tomorrows schedule, will be on Capcomfighters

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 (Stream starts 12pm~6pm)

12pm~1pm: Single Elimination Tournament
1pm ~2pm: ComboFiend Kumite
2pm~3pm: [Stream] ComboFiend Character Demos/Pre-Exhibition Show
2pm~3pm: [Stage] Ono-san Signing Session
3pm~6pm: Pro Exhibition: Team Tournament

jerry1594

I hope people aren't drinking TLG kook-aid. Game is an anachronism at this point. It needed to be released 5 years ago. Interesting premise but not impressive in the slightest.

The entire presentation was off-kilter, and reeked of a slapdash response to fanaticism to pad the conference. They showed a vertical slice that could have been sitting around for years for all we know and quickly moved forward to No Man's Sky, without even giving you a chance to think about the fact that a release window wasn't even given let alone a release date. This is still vaporware of the highest order in my eyes.
Agreed. Looks the same as the original reveal at least.

jerry1594

Sony couldn't have funded Shenmue 3 themselves? It was messed up that they announced a kickstarter during a publisher conference.

Other than that everything shown today actually made me want to pick up a current console.
They could've, but why fund it when it might underperform and suckers fans will fund it for them. Seems really scummy to me.

Onemic

I think it was to show that it was definitely still alive.

I doubt it's vapourware now. But I do think it'll be out no sooner than 2017.

Mr. X

https://youtu.be/ucRUs_Fzt3Y?t=1m18s

She moved back after she teched

Was this known?

Someone said it did but I didn't see video of it.

And here it is.

Holy shit, it's like everything I mentioned about improving SF4 when they were taking feedback made it in SFV.

Alpha Counters
Removed the "last normal must link for special cancels" rule
Quick get up moves the character to a different spot than regular get up.
No corner cross ups

Just waiting for those faster walkspeeds and hold start to pause or something to prevent accidental pausing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
really thought they would spend a bit more time on SFV to push the esports stuff

idk, just a few minutes at least, bring someone out on stage. it's a pretty high profile 'exclusive' for them so I'm surprised
It was much more low key than I expected, but it really seems like they put a shit ton of stuff into the conference and everything took a cut somewhere.

Maybe we'll get a bigger demo at PSX?

Mr. X

Nah, this kickstarter goal is maybe 10% of what the publisher is putting in.

Dahbomb

『Inaba Resident』;168197567 said:
I said GOD DAMN!

I legit think you don't have a gaming soul anymore.

Damn shame son... damn shame.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yo Cammy....
8KFOvbv.png

The age of booty is finally among us. Ono listened to my pleas of no pancake butts and I have been heard.

E3 for Sony was explosive. My only gripes were TLG, it finally got released but after so long, I only think the hardcore will buy it. Second is that kickstarter for Shenmue III, the struggle is real.

Top Bottom