• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

fader

No one is hyped for Uncharted 4? Damn, everyone be hating on Drake.

HatersGonnaHate.gif

Dahbomb

Real talk though the game of the show at the Sony conference was Horizons.

And vertical game play is all you can get at these conferences. Don't know what people want from conferences in terms of game play demonstrations.

Birdie is basically the new Rufus. They fucked it up. At least there won't be a Rufus in SFV...

I just really hope Birdie isn't top tier or even good so that I never have to see top players use him.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
The lighting and color is great. Animations are really detailed like 3S is.

Its close in detail, but not to that level. Its definitely better than SF4, that's for sure. The amount of work that went into 3S is ridiculous, just like KOF.

And vertical game play is all you can get at these conferences. Don't know what people want from conferences in terms of game play demonstrations.

People are being cynical if I'm understanding your post correctly.

Birdie is basically the new Rufus. They fucked it up. At least there won't be a Rufus in SFV...

I just really hope Birdie isn't top tier or even good so that I never have to see top players use him.

lmao it's fucking birdie

next character annoucement, "they ruined Remy. He looks like the anorexic love child of sephiroth and iori from kof. And he has clown shoes wtf"

"what did they do to r mika? this is street fighter not DOA"

bottom barrel characters everyone.

jerry1594

It's too bad they didn't give a farewell sale like they did for Marvel stuff.
I know Capcom is broke or whatever, but maybe they'll get the license back for a while when that new Jojo's game comes. Still DC and cps3 are pretty different and it would be fun to play both with other people.

Rean

Cammy's super is the best looking one so far

Just out of curiosity, where are you guys pre ordering SFV? I guess it doesn't really matter but I was just curious. I think I'll choose either PSN or Amazon. But I guess I'll let my decision be swayed by you guys if it's overwhelmingly in favor of one place.
Amazon, I never really pre ordered things off PSN anyway

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Birdie reminds me of Rick James. Look at oldschool Rick and then look at the recent one. Birdie seems to have gone through the same transition.

Don't think Shemnue or TLG will end up like Duke Nukem Forever, but I doubt they will meet people's expectations. But at least it shows that Sony still is in tune with what a decent chunk of their hardcore fans want, which is nice. I think Microsoft almost stopped caring..

Don't think Shemnue or TLG will end up like Duke Nukem Forever, but I doubt they will meet people's expectations. But at least it shows that Sony still is in tune with what a decent chunk of their hardcore fans want, which is nice. I think Microsoft almost stopped caring..

I don't know about that. The Rare Replay thing was a nice gesture. I'd say it made up for the fact that Rare's new game looks like garbage.

Dahbomb

lmao it's fucking birdie

next character annoucement, "they ruined Remy. He looks like the anorexic love child of sephiroth and iori from kof. And he has clown shoes wtf"

"what did they do to r mika? this is street fighter not DOA"

bottom barrel characters everyone.
Look I don't give a shit about Birdie and never even wanted him but if you are going to put him in at least don't make him look like shit.

It's like Capcom is desperately trying to keep a fat person quota.

Just preordered from Amazon since it looks like it'll be the easiest to cancel. TBH, I never buy brand new games from Amazon. I don't know if we get it the day of release or not. I'm a bit paranoid like that and just want to walk into a store and get it or buy the digital version on day one to know for sure I have my copy of the game.

wait, cammy's v reversal swaps sides? so....a free out of the corner while putting your opponent in the corner move?

I hope not lol

Look I don't give a shit about Birdie and never even wanted him but if you are going to put him in at least don't make him look like shit.

what do you have against fat people in video games breh

petghost

Banned
Whatever I think fat birdie is dope. He is comical. Dahbomb just want every dude to look like they comin from some kpop group like dmc.

wait, cammy's v reversal swaps sides? so....a free out of the corner while putting your opponent in the corner move?

I hope not lol

Yeah that was my first thought too. Shit gonna be ridic.

kirblar

Rufus/Honda aren't likely to be in. If it weren't for the age-up thing I'd be annoyed, but it's actually funny here in a way that Rufus isn't because of it. Middle-aged Birdie's at least funny.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

I think Microsoft is doing what Nintendo did with the Wii and just trying to appeal to a wider audience. They're press conference was pretty lackluster to be honest. The fumble from the beginning of the console generation really screwed them over with playing catch up with Sony. Not only that, the games just don't have the same glow they used to back in the day.

Just preordered from Amazon since it looks like it'll be the easiest to cancel. TBH, I never buy brand new games from Amazon. I don't know if we get it the day of release or not. I'm a bit paranoid like that and just want to walk into a store and get it or buy the digital version on day one to know for sure I have my copy of the game.

You do. Amazon is on point when it comes to delivery of first day release games unless the deliverer fucks up somewhere. You'll be fine, Amazon is a great service.

Whatever I think fat birdie is dope. He is comical. Dahbomb just want every dude to look like they comin from some kpop group like dmc.

Shonen bro, shonen. Capcom does comical characters pretty damn well, maining fat megaman in SFxT was the best thing ever.

The texture style or whatever shaders they're using for the skin in SF5 look really good, imo, it's a good middle ground between realistic and stylized graphics. I feel like SF4 couldn't achieve this level of subtlety with the technology they had at the time so they went the exaggerated route instead, with the strong outlines and emphasized proportions. Having SF5, MKX, and GGXrd all being visually impressive fighting games with such vastly different visual styles is really refreshing to see, imo.

None of those chinese cartoon drawings, that's for sure

Dahbomb

what do you have against fat people in video games breh
It just looks stupid as fuck.

He's fucking morbidly obese almost to the point of having ascites from liver failure. It's just gross at this point.

At least they are self aware of it and poking fun at it in-game. It still isn't funny though just like Rufus wasn't funny.

Spending a bar for something isn't free.

free in comparison of what the other characters get from what we have seen so far. Other characters just get the pushback. Cammy gets that but reverses positions.

So technically I still see it as being free. The bar was to just get people off of you.

edit,

Dahbomb. Are you ok with bob? Or a character like Sammo Hung

Top Bottom