• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

I wonder who's playstyle is going to change drastically in sf5. Bison seems the biggest change. Slow walk speed, has tons of TP, and now has a fireball counter. Might as well be a new character

Coda

Cammy's face looks great. I know it makes little sense, but she looks more brit than before.

Booty is still flapjack city, tho

I totally agree and I love my Dreamcast VMU till this day, but they've committed the grave sins of releasing not one but two Shenmue games on two separate occasions.

They deserved to be punished and thus were punish-'ed.

I noticed that too, her face is definitely well done, more British like. Don't see why everyone is saying she looks really thick. Who cares, she looks good and looks like Cammy. I know it's NeoGAF but let's treat her with respect.

kirblar

The more realistic art style and Cammy's bottom half are putting her into "im uncomfortable with people watching me play this game" territory, unfortunately. It works on cartoony Cammy, not so much here.

The only bad thing about ff7 is a harsh reminder of SE being total shit and not making the games they were once known for. Thank god SMT exists.

After playing so much SMT I can't look at most RPGs, especially FF, the same way again. Nocturne itself is one of the greatest ever.

Kalamari

Yo, I can appreciate some good underwear brah

O_O

Busaiku, my savior

Its to gauge the interest of the crowd. 2 million is not even close to whats needed for this game lol. Its a start to see if enough people will pay for it so they can see the fans wanting it and go fullspeed after that.

I view it as a method of hedging the risk of development rather than gauging interest. I think they are well aware of what their fans want.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I think Cammy's AND Birdie both look fucking amazing.

The character models in this game take a HUGE HUGE fucking shit on SFIV.

Are you gay? Because I don't like it and I'm gay too

(Lol)

Im not, haha. It just looks tacky to me. It does look like she is wearing green tarp.

Im not againt sexy, she just always looked dumb to me, what she wears. Were some nice pants, leave something to the imagination. She so could play up the sexy soldier thing better.

Im just ranting though, lol. She will play fine, dumb dive kicks.

Nearly perfect arcade ports, a multi-core processor, a controller many herald as unsurpassed for fighters, online connectivity... do you want me to go on about the Saturn?
Saturn rendering quadrilaterals as opposed to triangles was a huge mis-step in the push for 3d games. Pretty big oversight.. Not to mention it was hard to develop for, so yah they failed at making their system easy to develop for and didn't put enough thought into their 3d graphics, not very forward thinking..

Village

The more realistic art style and Cammy's bottom half are putting her into "im uncomfortable with people watching me play this game" territory, unfortunately. It works on cartoony Cammy, not so much here.

I dunno about that , but homies declaring in another thread that they think they can see some nipple on her and because of this it is a great day for cammy fans is rubbing me the wrong way.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Since this is taking a more realistic approach to the art style (in terms of detail), I can see it being a little uncomfortable for the average viewer. If you've been to any FGC event, which I'm sure you have, it is a straight up animefest in there.

I view it as a method of hedging the risk of development rather than gauging interest. I think they are well aware of what their fans want.

This is definitely the way to see it. Its a smart way to not lose money business-wise. It may look scummy but hey, we got Shenmue III out of it. Now I wish Capcom would do this for their series... Ono has been listening so I hope he listens to this part.

I dunno about that , but homies declaring in another thread that they think they can see some nipple on her and because of this it is a great day for cammy fans is rubbing the wrong way.

They going that deep? God damn...

El Sloth

Banned
At least anime players are honest enough to admit that the mechanics aren't the only thing that matters.
I'm reminded of all the people here and elsewhere who shit on Skullgirls for being too fanservicey and then turn around and wax poetic on the importance of Chun-Li's thighs, Cammy's ass, and Poison's everything.

Like shit, just be honest and say you don't like the tits done in that art style or whatever it is

I'm gonna be judging y'all either way, but at least don't front about it

CO_Andy

Hate Sega for being the only company to actually have balls to come up with something different despite what how bad the world receives it. There isn't any other company like them and probably won't be ever thanks to the nature of gaming today.
Kadey's 100% right here. Sega's console strategy was to flood the market with variety. When Nintendo chose to play safe Sega played risky (no definitive 3D Sonic in the Saturn era for instance).

Nyoro SF

Regarding SEGA; their creative output is stellar, and their management is horrifying.
They literally undo their own greatness every step of the way.
Even today they are very shortsighted when targeting the gaming market properly, though they've finally found success in the mobile market... which isn't really much to congratulate them for.

Perro

I noticed that too, her face is definitely well done, more British like. Don't see why everyone is saying she looks really thick. Who cares, she looks good and looks like Cammy. I know it's NeoGAF but let's treat her with respect.
It's Cammy tho, ass is her personality lol.
I'm not gonna talk about the creepy/sexy stuff, cuz this is when shit gets really weird.
I'm looking at you Yams =)

El Sloth

Banned
Sort of bummed Cammy made it back in. Not looking forward to fighting that character again. Especially with this new side switching stuff she has.

Was disappointed there was no brand new character reveal either.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm reminded of all the people here and elsewhere who shit on Skullgirls for being too fanservicey and then turn around and wax poetic on the importance of Chun-Li's thighs, Cammy's ass, and Poison's everything.

Like shit, just be honest and say you don't like the tits done in that art style or whatever it is

I'm gonna be judging y'all either way, but at least don't front about it

Welcome to the internet.
Kappa

It's Cammy tho, ass is her personality lol.
I'm not gonna talk about the creepy/sexy stuff, cuz this is when shit gets really weird.
I'm looking at you Yams =)

lol, i aint going that deep. all i mentioned was the ass. thats it, if im creepy for that than fuck me

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
damn otakus

image.php

Just out of curiosity, where are you guys pre ordering SFV? I guess it doesn't really matter but I was just curious. I think I'll choose either PSN or Amazon. But I guess I'll let my decision be swayed by you guys if it's overwhelmingly in favor of one place.

Mr. X

Yeah, ass goblins out in full force tonight.

The art direction is beginning to creep me out. Trying to do a realistic 3D with anime influence and looking grotesque and like clay.

It isnt enough to deter me but its unsettling.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Just out of curiosity, where are you guys pre ordering SFV? I guess it doesn't really matter but I was just curious. I think I'll choose either PSN or Amazon. But I guess I'll let my decision be swayed by you guys if it's overwhelmingly in favor of one place.

I'm definitely going with Amazon, great service. It'll be delivered the day it releases, sometimes they even deliver it a day earlier lol

Edit:

CO_Andy brought up a good point, there are going to be store exclusives. I hope its nothing too big like costumes...
its gonna be costumes isnt it?

CO_Andy

It's too early to preorder without knowing the inevitable store exclusive incentives

Kalamari

I always pre-order on amazon. Don't forget to cancel after the beta though, Dahbomb will send his thugs after you.

Yeah I'm not sold on the style yet either. The compliments I would give to V are for current gen graphics. That's not really a matter of art direction.

Perro

I hope everyone tells capcom to put the hole back in Birdie's Mohawk.

and the pointy shoes!
Looking at Cammy again, is like she's wearing body paint. I can see her belly button!
It's cool that capcom is bringing back not so loved characters, I like that they are taking risks. Now give me Remy.

petghost

Banned
So I guess cammys alpha counter crosses you up? Seems like a good way to get out of the corner and immediately put the opponent in it

Beats

Everyone is in their feelings today. It's okay, we don't get these moments often. Talk that shit y'all.

The hype from the conference is kinda weird honestly even though I get why people are excited. Like the biggest announcements and reveals seem amazing, but then once you take off the hype goggles you see what's really happening. The Last Guardian looks similar to what was shown years ago and what they showed here was kinda dull and uninteresting and the release is next year or something. It wasn't really any better than the lame vertical slices shown at like Ubisoft's or EA's conferences. FF7 Remake reveal trailer was just CG, we barely know anything about it, what it'll actually look like and it'll probably take years to come out knowing Square. Then Shenmue 3 gets announced, but it's a kickstarter campaign...

It's been bothering me what their textures is reminiscent of, and wow yeah it's totally like clay. And it looks pretty great! Wonder what their inspiration for it was

Clayfighters. : p

Amazon for me. I'll actually purchase from Best Buy though.

Kalamari

I think the stage lighting is what contributes to the improved look of the game from before. The previous stage was really dark, so the contrast is pretty significant. They do need more texture to the characters though, Clay Fighter is not a good look.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
The hype from the conference is kinda weird honestly even though I get why people are excited. Like the biggest announcements and reveals seem amazing, but then once you take off the hype goggles you see what's really happening. The Last Guardian looks similar to what was shown years ago and what they showed here was kinda dull and uninteresting and the release is next year or something. It wasn't really any better than the lame vertical slices shown at like Ubisoft's or EA's conferences. FF7 Remake reveal trailer was just CG, we barely know anything about it, what it'll actually look like and it'll probably take years to come out knowing Square. Then Shenmue 3 gets announced, but it's a kickstarter campaign...

No one is hyped for Uncharted 4? Damn, everyone be hating on Drake.

Grakl

Right? I love me my PS4 but like the only thing I'm actually hype for right now is platinum games shit and SFV, even after that conference

Top Bottom