• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

CO_Andy

Street Fighter V rated M?! Will Bison's head explode?

EventScrubs said:
The latest trailer for Street Fighter 5 was uploaded to the Street Fighter Facebook page today, which was certainly expected. However, what was not expected was in the video's description.

“ESRB Rating: Mature with Blood and Gore, Intense Violence”. It seems that Street Fighter 5 may have received a preliminary ESRB rating of Mature for the first time in franchise history, which is big news for the development of this new title. Though Street Fighter has its fair share of violence, it has never skirted above a teen rating, with "gore" being completely new for the franchise as well.

Another piece of evidence that points to this is that the archive for today's stream on Twitch has been labeled as mature content by Capcom as well.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I spent hours watching reactions of people. It's amazing how much a game could affect people's lives.

From now on I'm only buying consoles for multiplayer stuff and exclusives if need be, going full PC. Going to build a new PC with all the works.

Dahbomb

Damn Xbox One right now only has Scalebound I want...

thats what people said about 2015, lol.
2015 has already started off well with Bloodborne, Witcher 3, MKX, DmC DE, Splatoon with Arkham Knight and DMC4SE coming out next week.

So while a bunch of stuff got delayed, 2015 is still a stacked as fuck year.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Spoilers for fatalities

Uncharted series (if I'm not mistaken) was alright rated T and it had blood and curses lol

If not that then holy shit, the story must have characters dying then. Or idk, fatalities.
pls dont do this capcom

Edit:

Don't do anything to the tiddies capcom, pls

mbpm1

Uncharted series (if I'm not mistaken) was alright rated T and it had blood and curses lol

If not that then holy shit, the story must have characters dying then. Or idk, fatalities.
pls dont do this capcom

<------- My face when Bison uses Psycho Power to pull Ryu's esophagus out of his body

TheOGB

Banned
Street Fighter V rated M?! Will Bison's head explode?
Blood and gore, eh?
nlnzvg8.gif

pls dont do this capcom
Yah ESRB is strange about this shit, Guilty Gear Xrd has more fan service than kingdom come and it's rated T...

shaowebb

KI announced for Windows 10 on PC.

Dammit...thats enough to make me do it. I'll need to check though to see if all my game development software is cleared on Windows 10 without issues first though. If not I'm holding back, but if I'm good. Time to upgrade to Nvidia and get this ready.

Today is a good day.

Bunch more games got announced, we saw some SFV, but most importantly: Killer Instinct is coming to PC.

2016 is going to kill my finances. :[

Mr. X

This London music better be placeholder music. There's a trombone, drum and french horn obviously playing in the background.

What if SF5 is rated M because Urien is back and has bulge jiggle
Better or worse than Rufus jiggle?

It would actually be pretty great if his crotch just barely rose high enough for it to jiggle above the character select screen icons when you select him contra Chun-li.

I'm expecting a final boss to get his arm messily cut off. Is it just me, or is sf taking a weird turn with this one
Maybe a cutscene in story mode.

ESRB rating seems early, too.

Top Bottom