• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

mbpm1

for all we know, stever aoki, lil wayne and drake may be helping out with the soundtrack for the game. i find it odd capcom just sponsored them randomly but it all may be starting to make sense.

That's the worst thing I've ever heard
Capcom probably did it

Essay

ggs arc and essay. essay, the thing I did with Jean (66p, OM to ST fully charged K) is a certified unblockable®. you might be able to sidestep the charged K otherwise might be best to take the hit. if you block the K the follow up low is unblockable

Ah, thanks for telling me. I was thinking of a completely different punish that would've never worked in a million years. I'll have look into more Jean things in training mode.

Outside of Smash, which doesn't count, Skullgirls is the only fighting game to have an amazing soundtrack in two generations. I don't expect much from SFV. Just don't make it painful to listen to while playing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So in 2016 fighting gamers will have ZERO reasons to buy a xbone huh
Crackdown is 2016 though. Killer app/console seller material if they do it right.

Blood and gore, eh?
nlnzvg8.gif
FGW | Urien for a treat

jerry1594

Outside of Smash, which doesn't count, Skullgirls is the only fighting game to have an amazing soundtrack in two generations. I don't expect much from SFV. Just don't make it painful to listen to while playing.
You got it mixed up. Skullgirls soundtrack is sleep inducing. Killer Instinct has an amazing soundtrack.

If they tone down Chuns titties I'm gonna be mad at all of you.
This is why we can't have nice titties.
I love boob jiggle, but that isn't nice jiggle. It's just silly, like OMG Mode on DoA5. Breasts that fly everywhere are like the inverse of a botched boob job - just terrible in a completely different way. The little joint bounce Chun-li had in Marvel was appealing, tasteful, and realistic. I would like for the bounce to have enjoyable realism, not Gainax tittyquakes.

You got it mixed up. Skullgirls soundtrack is sleep inducing. Killer Instinct has an amazing soundtrack.
Jazz makes you fall asleep?

Give me the best KI has to offer - I haven't really experienced it. Unless the trailers have KI music. Then that's horrendous.

Crackdown is 2016 though. Killer app/console seller material if they do it right.

FGW | Urien for a treat
Please be in the game Urien.. So is that one leaked list with 16 fighters false now? I don't think Birdie was on there...
I love boob jiggle, but that isn't nice jiggle. It's just silly, like OMG Mode on DoA5. Breasts that fly everywhere are like the inverse of a botched boob job - just terrible in a completely different way. The little joint bounce Chun-li had in Marvel was appealing, tasteful, and realistic. I would like for the bounce to have enjoyable realism, not Gainax tittyquakes.

Give me the best KI has to offer - I haven't really experienced it. Unless the trailers have KI music. Then that's horrendous.
Personally I would like them to try SFA3 music again, hell just include all the old tracks from previous SF games. No one gives a fuck about anything new when most of SF4's music was forgettable.

Tik-Tok

God damn Americans are repressed. I can honestly say I didn't even notice the titties until so many people pointed them out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FGW | This is why we can't have nice titties
FGW | Appealing, tasteful, realistic
FGW | Tittayfall receives mixed reviews
FGW | Chris Hu could not be reached for comment

God damn Americans are repressed. I can honestly say I didn't even notice the titties until so many people pointed them out.
Just don't call anyone thick north of the border.

zlatko

Banned
I'll be real. I rocked my 360 hard last gen and only played my PS3 for exclusives.

This gen? Bought a XB1---sold it already.

That console is a fucking disaster IMO. Shittiest line up of games for my tastes.

No reason to buy one. MAYBE if Gears 4 gets shown in a way that doesn't make me fall asleep, and then I'll get one for that bundled in, but even then there's so much other stuff that is far more exciting that getting it just for Gears 4 seems stupid when it may be on PC anyway.

Skab

You should go listen to KI's soundtrack.

Edit: Oh you already called it horrendous. Then there's no helping you.

mbpm1

I don't understand how can people ignore SFIV's soundtrack. It's so good! Of course there's the training stage track, but there's A LOT of good stuff there

You trolling?

SF4 is the worst music of any modern fighting game. Probably the worst from Capcom fighting games. Straight up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Killer Instinct for PC will have cross buy! All the KI content you own for Xbox One will be there for you on PC.

Dave Lang confirmed this via Twitter.
Interesting. I assume a similar pricing model then.

Wonder if we'll hear an S3 announcement at EVO or not.

Also, do you guys think we'll see an SFV character reveal at CEO?

kirblar

10 reveals to space over the rest of the year. Could definitely be one there. Definitely one at EVO, likely at CCup as well.

Beta changes things a fair bit in terms of schedule.

Wolf Theme is 6/10.

Please be in the game Urien.. So is that one leaked list with 16 fighters false now? I don't think Birdie was on there...

Personally I would like them to try SFA3 music again, hell just include all the old tracks from previous SF games. No one gives a fuck about anything new when most of SF4's music was forgettable.
I skipped the Alphas - what's good?

Repressed = notice boobs more?

Come on man, those boobs were flailing around like a man on fire. You might want to get your eyes checked if they eluded you all day.

I'll be real. I rocked my 360 hard last gen and only played my PS3 for exclusives.

This gen? Bought a XB1---sold it already.

That console is a fucking disaster IMO. Shittiest line up of games for my tastes.

No reason to buy one. MAYBE if Gears 4 gets shown in a way that doesn't make me fall asleep, and then I'll get one for that bundled in, but even then there's so much other stuff that is far more exciting that getting it just for Gears 4 seems stupid when it may be on PC anyway.
You sold your Wii U, too. :p That's 2/3 of the current gen consoles you've tossed aside, haha. While I'm not inclined at all to buy an XB1, I wouldn't sell it if it fell in my lap, either. No idea what I would buy for it, but I would be covered for Scalebound at least.

You should go listen to KI's soundtrack.

Edit: Oh you already called it horrendous. Then there's no helping you.
Oh, the music in the character videos is it?

ki and umvc3 have great ost
I'd say 10% of UMvC3's soundtrack is good. That is being generous. So many garbage techno retunes in that game. Dormammu's theme is one of the worst. The only great song off the top of my head is Arthur's.

Top Bottom