• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 15-21 | 16 is barely okay

Sayad

Capcom used to do this back during 3. A little disappointed that they removed this from SF4.
Is SF4 supposed to be bad at this?! Rose(which I guess is the most obvious one) seem to be able to punish it harshly. So much that a lot of SF4 players complain about how unfair her ability to do so is.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Watching NLBC.

Yomi boys going ham as normal.

Mopped, etc etc, Hold Up Hold Up.

Hahaha. I don't mind it FGC has so much character and I love it.

____________________EDIT____________________

Aris ‏@AvoidThePuddle 1m1 minute ago
East coast players are weird ass noise making mother fuckers.

Damnnnn. :eek:

Rhapsody

Banned
Is SF4 supposed to be bad at this?! Rose(which I guess is the most obvious one) seem to be able to punish it harshly. So much that a lot of SF4 players complain about how unfair her ability to do so is.

I think we're about different things, but it doesn't matter since it seems like I was remembering wrong.

I thought 3rd Strike allowed less frame advantage on a successful but late throw tech compared to if you teched it correctly. But I suppose it doesn't. I know Guilty Gear had that, but I really thought there was another older game that had that. Oh well.

SFV question:

When you use V-Trigger, do you have to use the upgraded versions of your moves? That would really suck, if so. Like, maybe I want to keep Bison's teleport dash for as long as possible without using the teleport Knee Press, or I just want to keep using normal Knee Press while saving up for teleport stomp OTGs for more damage.

PS4 sticks need an option to disable the share button in ps4 mode. Shit is getting obnoxious.
How so?

Nyoro SF

SFV question:

When you use V-Trigger, do you have to use the upgraded versions of your moves? That would really suck, if so. Like, maybe I want to keep Bison's teleport dash for as long as possible without using the teleport Knee Press, or I just want to keep using normal Knee Press while saving up for teleport stomp OTGs for more damage.

How so?

Yes, you are forced to use the upgraded versions of your moves.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
accidentally sharing screen came up during sf5 tourney due to mashing option button. Im pretty sure just locking the stick disables the button

To be honest the Madcatz T.E 2 design wise is already outdated for PS4.

I'm sure next revision (or brand new design for SFV) we will see:

Touch Pad integration.

Something done about moving the share button and not treating it like a select button from previous gen and placing it next to the Start button.

Kalamari

If I had a nickel for every time I accidentally hit the share instead of options button, I could fly BakedYams to NWM. Maybe just a greater separation between the two buttons would help.

I'm working on Xrd character challenges atm, and keep hitting the share button instead of options button to reset my position.

WHERE THE FUCK YOU AT ONEMIC?! I'M HERE TO TAKE OUT YOUR ELENA!

giphy.gif

wooo suck it lebron

Mr. X

Wouldn't this be solved by making it so that counterhit throws can't be broken? From what you described, it sounds like it's inputting the throw break input during the startup of the attack, so that should work. You could also extend that rule to some number of frames after a throw break input (basically adding Throw Reject Miss as a rule).

With the other changes to jabs and shorts, I also suspect that the jab/throw break OS is less of an issue than it was in SF4.

Bingo! If they want it, they should be able to make it so you can tech throws only outside of moves startup, active or recovery.

accidentally sharing screen came up during sf5 tourney due to mashing option button. Im pretty sure just locking the stick disables the button

Its happened to me so many times while playing SF4 lol. Had to stop my self from hitting the select button on accident when I go to press start.

vulva

Going back tomorrow, last chance for questions. PM me otherwise there's a good chance I'll miss them but I'll do my best to find out the answers to everyone's questions as long as they're not stupid questions.

Like my stupid question.

About Linn Kurosawa

being in SF5....

I didn't get a "no". BELIEVE!

zlatko

Banned
Going back tomorrow, last chance for questions. PM me otherwise there's a good chance I'll miss them but I'll do my best to find out the answers to everyone's questions as long as they're not stupid questions.

Like my stupid question.

About Linn Kurosawa

being in SF5....

I didn't get a "no". BELIEVE!

Questions:

1) How long will the beta last?
2) Will additional characters be in the beta?
3) If you can't talk about beta details---when will we learn beta details?
4) What does Seth Killian think of the game?

vulva

Questions:

1) How long will the beta last?
2) Will additional characters be in the beta?
3) If you can't talk about beta details---when will we learn beta details?
4) What does Seth Killian think of the game?

I can answer most of these right now.

1)5 days
2) Most likely
3) above
4) I'm sure it makes him cry proud tears of how far we've come as a community or something

1)5 days
2) Most likely
3) above
4) I'm sure it makes him cry proud tears of how far we've come as a community or something

Nice. Was worried we'd only be stuck with those 6 for the beta since I don't like any of those characters.

Was playing SF4 today and noticed how much I depend on just mashing jab with Evil Ryu and Yun to easily confirm into combos. This new SFV is going to be hard on me and a lot of folks for sure. Even many pros couldn't stop their old habits including Daigo who probably looked as bad as he did because he the character he was playing was too familiar and he easily fell back on old habits where as everybody else tried a new character and were actually forced to learn as much as possible about that new character.

zlatko

Banned

1)5 days
2) Most likely
3) above

5 days is great. One pure week of bliss. :D

I hope we can at least get Alex or Urien in this beta. That's all I need to grind like a crazy person.

Will settle for Bipson grinds too if need be.

Rean

Was playing SF4 today and noticed how much I depend on just mashing jab with Evil Ryu and Yun to easily confirm into combos. This new SFV is going to be hard on me and a lot of folks for sure. Even many pros couldn't stop their old habits including Daigo who probably looked as bad as he did because he the character he was playing was too familiar and he easily fell back on old habits where as everybody else tried a new character and were actually forced to learn as much as possible about that new character.
I hear ya. Watching Combofiend and the other players this week can help get people in the right mindset on how things from SF4 won't work as well in SFV though.

1)5 days
2) Most likely
3) above
1. V-Trigger skills don't activate unless we use them.
2. Two button dash option along double tap.

Top Bottom