• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
lol mbpm1, im an 09'er or something like that. i got into sf with super.

what i find odd is what EpicNameBro said that it would be a love hate thing with the game. i think it'll cater greatly to the hardcore audience with the way its shaping up. Ono has shown that he has been listening to the community by changing that god awful low mk animation lol

kitzkozan

There's this SF statue collector who's almost sure that Alex and Oro are part of the SFV roster. He seems to be well versed in how corporation operate to plan ahead in terms of merchandising.

Alex wouldn't surprise me, as he's been a constant request in the SFIV era. I wonder if his presence in V would bring along Hugo...

jerry1594

So...interesting. On the other hand, Rice, this does seem to be a game with longer hitstop, so you may be able to in the end. Although if the build at E3 is different than Idk
Really hope they nerf the hitstop. That's the no. 1 I don't like so far

zlatko

Banned
I'm fine with Oro making a return.

Characters I'd like to see in the game:

Urien
Alex
Karin
Oro
Q

Those are the ones I want in there the most, and Charlie already made it too.

Characters I hope don't make it:

Blanka
Hakan
Blanka
Sean
Blanka
Sakura
Blanka
T.Hawk
Blanka
Evil Ryu
Blanka
Oni
Blanka
Yun
Blanka

Nyoro SF

im so fucking hyped to try out sfv at ceo. fuck vulva for getting that instant access at e3

i have disappointed you ;_;

I also have E3 access. I'll be back to report on things after I get a chance to play a few times.

Personally, I love huge hitstop. I love hitting buttons hard too.
Though the last time I played a game at a Capcom booth, they didn't secure their joysticks, so I was slipping and sliding the arcade stick all over the place. :(

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
id say urien is a shoe in or dlc cause the illuminati will definitely be involved with how charlie got reconstructed and has a gem on his forehead, resembling that of uriens. i really hope the story is long as fuck so i can appreciate it in its glory. sf lore shines well until you realize all the fuck ups the games have done...

I came aboard that vanilla SF4 train a little before you.

It doesn't matter WHEN you find Street Hitter, but that you did.

#BasedGodPraiseYou

#IndestructibleSwag

Check this out too if you missed out on older fighter beats:

http://viewpure.com/nO3zhbOfXwI

god damn. thats all i gotta say. let me listen to this some more.

vulva

So mad my flight was cancelled. I now leave at 7am which means, I have to be at the airport for 5 which means I leave at 3:30 which means I'm not sleeping

Exr

Return of the stun bar is huge. If theres one thing better than cornering and bullying someone its feeling their panic rise as the stun bar grows.
I hope Urien and Oro are back...but Urien would feel so alien without Aegis.

zlatko

Banned
Really hope Oro is in and intact. You'll wish blanka was in instead lol

Naw. I liked playing against and as Oro in SF3. Great character.

SF3 introduced me to Urien, Alex, Oro, and Q. Most fighters I find 1-2 I like and can play. That game went above the call of duty with 4 very unique characters that I enjoyed messing with.

zlatko

Banned
I'm not going to stop begging until Urien is confirmed.

Urien or riot

Here here!

#CrushKillDestroyArmyUnite

Hopefully his gameplan is unchanged and he gets good frame advantage/hit boxes. His footsies game needs to be on point, and he needs to be able to Aegis you into crap your pants mode. :D

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I hate Blanka and his stupid hop and slide. I can deal with the Blanka balls.

dude, we're lucky blanka's mixup balls were nerfed so hard with delayed wake up lol

Really hope Oro is in and intact. You'll wish blanka was in instead lol

i think they might change him up. idk, depending on the ending on the time skip, they may give him his arm back. i doubt it though since he specifically states it would take 15 years for akuma (?) to reach his level. im hyped for oro cause the dude is just a monster lol

jerry1594

SF3 introduced me to Urien, Alex, Oro, and Q. Most fighters I find 1-2 I like and can play. That game went above the call of duty with 4 very unique characters that I enjoyed messing with.
I see you haven't played an oro with a stocked sa2...
i think they might change him up. idk, depending on the ending on the time skip, they may give him his arm back. i doubt it though since he specifically states it would take 15 years for akuma (?) to reach his level. im hyped for oro cause the dude is just a monster lol
Can't really think of anything it would add. But if they do hopefully they give him of something interesting. He's already stupid good, except his normals are slow.

Rhapsody

Banned

Wait until you get Oro unblockabled in 3S.

zlatko

Banned
I see you haven't played an oro with a stocked sa2...

Can't really think of anything it would add. But if they do hopefully they give him of something interesting. He's already stupid good, except his normals are slow.

Tengu Stone? Yes I have.

It's his best super by a long country mile considering he has set ups for 70% damage anywhere on screen once it hits. :/

Played Oro---not as much as Urien or Alex, but played him. Great character.

It's not like Capcom is going to give him the 70%+ damage in SF5 lol. If they do then Urien better get unblockables back and build meter hella fast to Aegis like a baws.

Crocodile

I'm fine with Oro making a return.

Characters I'd like to see in the game:

Urien
Alex
Karin
Oro
Q

Those are the ones I want in there the most, and Charlie already made it too.

Characters I hope don't make it:

Blanka
Hakan
Blanka
Sean
Blanka
Sakura
Blanka
T.Hawk
Blanka
Evil Ryu
Blanka
Oni
Blanka
Yun
Blanka

I can't imagine a universe where Karin comes back but Sakura doesn't.

urien without unblockables is weird... I mean his zoning was meh, he had some good normals, but even then.

I mean before people found out how to use aegis, urien was considered bad (and people used the shoulder tackle super lol)

petghost

Banned
i think Aegis would be good in any game even if it didnt lead to a ub. its like 6 seconds of mix up potential on wakeup and huge screen control in neutral.

jerry1594

urien without unblockables is weird... I mean his zoning was meh, he had some good normals, but even then.

I mean before people found out how to use aegis, urien was considered bad (and people used the shoulder tackle super lol)
I don't see why they would take them out? He sucks without them and it's not like people could escape them with parry lol. Blocking is better.
E- mean the activation on knockdown. There's definitely situations that are 100% fucked without parry.
Tengu Stone? Yes I have.
Yagyou dama. Much better super in most situations. Though both are top 5 in the game imo

Skilletor

Expected a video showing every 1-frame link possible.

These are godlike. Loved Gen vs. Akuma.

My favorite SFs aren't link heavy. :)

A2 is my personal ST. A3 would be above A2 if not for vism stupidity. Miss the personality of these games, the stages, the characters, the intros.

I don't care about story in fighters, but I've been playing SF for so long, these characters are nostalgic for me. Comforting. I would eat up a story mode in SF. This kind of stuff is what I miss. Hoping it returns in 5.

I'm loving everything I'm hearing about the game so far. Can't wait until tomorrow.

Mr. X

lol mbpm1, im an 09'er or something like that. i got into sf with super.

what i find odd is what EpicNameBro said that it would be a love hate thing with the game. i think it'll cater greatly to the hardcore audience with the way its shaping up. Ono has shown that he has been listening to the community by changing that god awful low mk animation lol
No one 100% loves a fighting game, there always a few grievances. Even developers put in things they dont want/like but the game is better for or makes it appeal to more.

zlatko

Banned
I don't see why they would take them out? He sucks without them and it's not like people could escape them with parry lol. Blocking is better.
E- mean the activation on knockdown. There's definitely situations that are 100% fucked without parry.

Yagyou dama. Much better super in most situations. Though both are top 5 in the game imo

Huh... I never saw that one used in high level tournaments by Oro. Was Tengu when I watched it.

I just looked it up online, and that shit is rough... Seems very hard to do, and you need all 3 bars filled? Damn...

Read up and it looks like it doesn't work on Yun and Akuma?

I still favor Tengu here, but if you have the set ups and execution down then that would be scary against the majority of the cast.

Still would rather play one and lose to THAT, then 100 blankas spamming slide, elec, balls, throws, etc. Fuck that shit.

Top Bottom