• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

im with count. the graphics look stellar but i feel the lighting is too strong, making chun li specifically look like her face was expertly molded with clay-doh. its weird, its a new look so maybe ill adapt to it but i want the characters to have very sharp features so they are more distinguishable.

I don't see why they would take them out? He sucks without them and it's not like people could escape them with parry lol. Blocking is better.
E- mean the activation on knockdown. There's definitely situations that are 100% fucked without parry.

Yagyou dama. Much better super in most situations. Though both are top 5 in the game imo

it was a system thing that allowed the unblockable. The aegis is done one side while urien hits the other side. Newer fighting games don't have this issue since you just block the character regardless of projectile.

Like sim's fireball/tp mixup isn't unblockable. Urien's setup is.

I have once parried the unblockable setup but tbh the guy didnt really mix it up and just kept hitting st. strong for whatever reason. I just gambled and try parrying left and right and it worked lol.

mbpm1

im with count. the graphics look stellar but i feel the lighting is too strong, making chun li specifically look like her face was expertly molded with clay-doh

And clay she will be in my hands

I don't have a problem with it. Reminds me of TvC.

Clawww

8my14NL.jpg

man this shit is gonna look so hot on PC

also, what's up with the 'reversal' on ryu's V-meter? is that related to the V-defense thing?

zlatko

Banned
The image of Bison doing the scissor kick on Ryu when he blocks it.

His face. Soooo good.

Need E3 to be here already. Who else is in the roster Ono?

Oh... I just realized Ono had to have leaked this himself. He posted on twitter earlier today he can't take it anymore, then all this shit hits?

BasedOno! :D

jerry1594

Huh... I never saw that one used in high level tournaments by Oro. Was Tengu when I watched it.

I just looked it up online, and that shit is rough... Seems very hard to do, and you need all 3 bars filled? Damn...

Read up and it looks like it doesn't work on Yun and Akuma?

I still favor Tengu here, but if you have the set ups and execution down then that would be scary against the majority of the cast.

Still would rather play one and lose to THAT, then 100 blankas spamming slide, elec, balls, throws, etc. Fuck that shit.
You talking about Ex yagyou? I mean the regular one. You need one bar. Once you land a single super you'll get the other two. It's like denjin on steroids. Tengu is also amazing, but it's best at Ex tengu, which you activate after you've juggled your opponent for a while to do extra damaging juggles.
it was a system thing that allowed the unblockable. The aegis is done one side while urien hits the other side. Newer fighting games don't have this issue since you just block the character regardless of projectile.

Like sim's fireball/tp mixup isn't unblockable. Urien's setup is.

I have once parried the unblockable setup but tbh the guy didnt really mix it up and just kept hitting st. strong for whatever reason. I just gambled and try parrying left and right and it worked lol.
Oh, right. Forgot about that. Midscreen aegis is tough but a lot more escapable than corner. Corner aegis you have to have super on point reactions to even block lol

Kalamari

Man, I wish I could go back in time and contribute to the Yatagarasu crowd funding campaign, I want to play sooo bad. At least Juicebox has videos I can watch when he's not streaming.

I like it

I like a lot

Same here, looks fantastic to me so far. Can't wait to see the newest build next week. And notice how they got rid of the 3D models of each character beside their life bar and replaced it with hand drawn art? Looks so much better to me compared to the old one.

zlatko

Banned
This is the ONE time a Capcom fighter needs NO changes in the UI layout.

I LOVE the health bar colors. I love the artwork. The font/style. Placement. Size. EVERYTHING.

DO NOT FUCK WITH THIS ONO!!!!

mbpm1

If we're going to go into analysis mode, one of the "Victory" letters over the life bar says "CA"

So, there will be Chip Kills in SF5?

Another of them says EX, wonder what that is.

man this shit is gonna look so hot on PC

also, what's up with the 'reversal' on ryu's V-meter? is that related to the V-defense thing?
Hypothesis: that's the thing you have to do to build the V-meter.

Maybe an evolution of the SFxT gem system. Recall that gems required you to do specific things to activate them, but that also meant your opponent was more on guard against those things so you wouldn't get your bonuses. Maybe Ryu needs to land a reversal to build his V-Meter more (as an alternative to taking damage, to get there faster). Of course, that means Charlie is going to be more inclined to block Ryu on oki so he avoids the potential V-Meter increase.

zlatko

Banned
Same here, looks fantastic to me so far. Can't wait to see the newest build next week. And notice how they got rid of the 3D models of each character beside their life bar and replaced it with hand drawn art? Looks so much better to me compared to the old one.

Speaking of drawn art rice---steal that Ryu portrait ASAP before someone else does.

Time to retire that Evil Ryu.

Clawww

Hypothesis: that's the thing you have to do to build the V-meter.

Maybe an evolution of the SFxT gem system. Recall that gems required you to do specific things to activate them, but that also meant your opponent was more on guard against those things so you wouldn't get your bonuses. Maybe Ryu needs to land a reversal to build his V-Meter more (as an alternative to taking damage, to get there faster). Of course, that means Charlie is going to be more inclined to block Ryu on oki so he avoids the potential V-Meter increase.

that would be fucking fantastic

Wow, Chun Li looks like a Chinese woman. Game looks fantastic.

Looks like all life bars are back to being uniform? Chun used to have more bars than Ryu, but now it looks like everything is the same.

EDIT: beaten, V-trigger bars are different length, now

It looks like VReversal give you armor on wake up. Chun Li has grey health in the pic that says VReversal on the left side.
Maybe each character can use VMeter to do a VReversal, I'm guessing each characters' VReversal are unique (at least I hope so).

Edit: Well VReversal could also be a sort of alpha counter.

Someone is getting knocked into that bathroom on the left.

And, if Birdie is in there...I don't know what I'll think. A mixture of pleasure and sadness, perhaps.

Top Bottom