• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

Kung Lao fatality?
PogChamp.png

Capcom trying for some of that MK CPM

http://i.imgur.com/ilEF1vh.jpg

Guys

fucking haggar on the billboard

And Guy?

Blackage

Did anyone else notice they're using "Nash" and "M. Bison" in the promo pics.

Normally Japan uses Vega & Nash, and the US uses M. Bison and Charlie.

Wonder if they're globalizing the names to just 1 thing, or just changing Charlie to Nash for the US.

El Sabroso

looks more like reversals cost 1 stock of the V-Meter

also love the art of SFV looks really good

edit: btw are supers now called combo arts or something like that? just noticed the CA at full super meter

In regards to the charlie pic:
"The Illuminati in the Street Fighter series has existed for thousand of years in the regions of the world often renowned for their powerful and influential civilizations (most notably Egypt and Greece)"

Straight from the wiki

『Inaba Resident』;167300398 said:
In regards to the charlie pic:
"The Illuminati in the Street Fighter series has existed for thousand of years in the regions of the world often renowned for their powerful and influential civilizations (most notably Egypt and Greece)"

Straight from the wiki

The gem in the middle of the forehead. Urien and Gill are going to be in the game in someway.

mbpm1

looks more like reversals cost 1 stock of the V-Meter

also love the art of SFV looks really good

edit: btw are supers now called combo arts or something like that? just noticed the CA at full super meter

Ah, Critical Arts they were called. I thought it meant Chip attack but it's probably what you said.

Pappasman

The gem in the middle of the forehead. Urien and Gill are going to be in the game in someway.

Well maybe V-skills/arts are like the Illuminati's 66 secret arts or whatever.

From the SF wiki:

...ability to wield ki and elemental power is developed through such tutelage, and by genetic alterations to enhance the properties of the participants.

Training to master these techniques is said to come from mastery over specific elements by merging them into one's aura. Mastering them all is said to be impossible, as they make the use of all known elemental affinities, while the known maximum elemental capacity in a human is three.

Two of these techniques revealed throughout the series are the Aegis Reflector learned by Urien, and Resurrection, learned by Gill.

Maybe you can choose one of three like supers in 3S? Perhaps Ryu's parry is only one option he can choose from. That would be pretty interesting.

SF5 is a very pretty looking game.

Other than that, I'm still waiting to hear detailed information regarding the mechanics. Until then, it just looks pretty.

Rhapsody

Banned
Character portraits in the matches look cool. Energy bar colors... very place-holder-ish to me.

Anyway, this is a huge step up from SF4. No more freaking bars on fire.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There's this SF statue collector who's almost sure that Alex and Oro are part of the SFV roster. He seems to be well versed in how corporation operate to plan ahead in terms of merchandising.

Alex wouldn't surprise me, as he's been a constant request in the SFIV era. I wonder if his presence in V would bring along Hugo...
Thanks for posting.

I think it's good to take this with a grain of salt, but the converging evidence is stronger here than what we get most of the time.

Alex and Oro are interesting choices. Oro is a cool character. With a 16 character cast, I'm very curious how many different representatives we'll get. I'm actually kind of excited for the possibility of only 2-3 characters from every big series.

I think it would be really cool if Dudley made it in partially off the strength of Smug reinvigorating SFIV.

16 characters to start tho

-Ryu
-Chun
-Bison
-Nash
-Akuma
-Birdie/Cammy/Dudley - 1 of them
-Alex
-Blanka
-Hugo or Gief
-Juri
-Honda
-Ken
-Balrog
-Oro
-Sean for the comic relief
-Q

tbh

Regarding the SFV pics...

Crazy Pills/Opposite Day.

Take your pick.

Why are the colors so washed out?

And I'll never get over how the game is a new ClayFighter in disguise.

Also if P1 is Blue and P2 is Red, why are both V Gauges Red and both Super Gauges Blue?

Make them like yellow or purple.

zlatko

Banned
What is that in the top right corner of this pic?

Maybe we'll see an Egyptian stage in SF5?

This makes me even more confident on Urien being in this game. Urien's gem on Nash's forehead, and that nod to something Egyptian perhaps for a stage...yeah I'd be damn surprised if Urien wasn't in it and the story wasn't saying Urien is behind his rebirth.

Ono the god

you may put Blanka in the game if you want to

No.

Clawww

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";167301984]SECRET DELTA
THE
MOVIE

XXXX 2016

EISBAHNN

Actor looks like the Great Saiyaman costume.[/QUOTE]

ice rink

skating rink stage in germany confirmed

german ice-powered character confirmed

Anne

A lot of the aesthetic choice in SFV look good. Lighting drowns out some colors in these shots though. Tends to be a UE thing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My guess for the roster:

Ryu (SF)
Chun-Li (SFII)
Nash (Alpha)
M. Bison (SFII)
Rachid (SFV)
Zen (SFV)
Laura (SFV)
Alex (SFIII)
Oro (SFIII)
Ken (SFII)
Akuma (SFII)
Zangief (SFII)
Dudley (SFIII)
Abel (SFIV)
Juri (SFIV)
Sakura (Alpha)

Representation from all over (which worked well for SFIV), with a significant lean onto SFII for obvious reasons and some plot-worthy characters.

Dude wut?

NA2eiVu.jpg

I mean yea I know it's unfinished but let's call a duck a duck here. I mean look at those NPCs and textures in the background.
Oh right. Lighting too. Textures and models are fine as you'll never ever see shit that close.

On a scale of "realism" (in quotes because we can sit here all day listing the technicalities that make them not realistic) [Tekken 7, MKX] and "sprites" (in quotes because it's not actually sprites) [Xrd] SFV is...kind of in the middle in a way that's just bland.

It doesn't have a "skin pores and hair strands and reflections" type of "next gen" feel, or a "this looks visually appealing" or this looks the way I remember [previous game] looking" type of deal like Xrd.

Like too much depth and mass for anime/sprites, too little details to be technically impressive...

The artworks of the characters look great though.

I want to play that.

The game could benefit from a more stylized shader with less shading tones, the burshstroke effects, and some outlines on the characters, as well as a contrast and saturation boost (at least in the London stage).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Slamtastic your spectrums for evaluation suck. It's a mix of a semi-real soft clay look with liquified particle effects. It's a different thing, as opposed to ultra-realism, 3Dification, an anime-izing of things, or however you construe any sort of dimension between those.

I pretty much disagree with all your suggestions for visual filters too, I think they'd all look pretty awful and hurt the aesthetic.Especially the outlines. They would all hurt the soft figure look. Contrast might help a bit but the dynamic lighting looked fine before.

Top Bottom