• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

Actually this whole thing reminds me of when SF4 was first shown and I kept saying I wanted the outlines on the characters from focus attacks on the characters all the time.

RRMNzeI.jpg
23nSyrM.jpg

Then they added that to the PC version, but in Super and later versions they only you use the default color + Outlines as a selectable color instead of making it a graphics setting that you can put over the whole game.

zlatko

Banned
I hope they stick with what they have here. They hit gold IMO.

My character list:

Ryu
Chun
Nash
M.Bison
Alex
Urien
Karin
Haggar
Akuma
XXX New
XXX New
XXX New
XXX New
Oro
Juri
Dhalsim

I hope they stick with what they have here. They hit gold IMO.

My character list:

Ryu
Chun
Nash
M.Bison
Alex
Urien
Karin
Haggar
Akuma
XXX New
XXX New
XXX New
XXX New
Oro
Juri
Dhalsim

Karin without Sakura? Don't think that's happening.
Haggar over Zangief? I think that's its a possibility but still unlikely.
The rest seems like a good prediction

zlatko

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;167304448 said:

Sakura can be in the story.

Look at MKX. They put characters in the story with cameos and later will/have become DLC.

So if Ken is out and Sakura is out for example, but they are in the story, then we can see them in the first DLC pack perhaps.

If this game is not going the Vanilla, Super, Hyper, Omega HeyZeus edition route, and instead will just dole out new content here and there to the base game at a price, then I can easily see Karin join at launch and Sakura later on.

Much like Alex would join, have Cammy in his story, and then later she gets added.

Skilletor

Actually this whole thing reminds me of when SF4 was first shown and I kept saying I wanted the outlines on the characters from focus attacks on the characters all the time.

Then they added that to the PC version, but in Super and later versions they only you use the default color + Outlines as a selectable color instead of making it a graphics setting that you can put over the whole game.

Hope they add that as an option for people like you, but I hated it.

Why do people want Urien back? :-/ Enough dudes in underwear!

『Inaba Resident』;167304448 said:
I think Karin over Sakura is believable in a roster of 16. Sakura, like Ken, can draw people in later with an update.

petghost

Banned
Bison has 3 v trigger bars while everybody else has got 2 I guess. Makes sense now that v trigger is no longer tied to ex meter and ex meter has probably been standardized

Oh I just noticed the stun bars too. Ui looks kinda whack but whatever.

zlatko

Banned
Why do people want Urien back? :-/ Enough dudes in underwear!

I think Karin over Sakura is believable in a roster of 16. Sakura, like Ken, can draw people in later with an update.

I personally do NOT like Urien's nakedness, but he is by far and large my favorite SF character simply due to his play style and move set.

I would cream my corn if he joins in this day and age, because that means I'd get a DLC costume I'm sure with him having more clothes on which would lead me to have my wish come true of him in hopefully a ripped up suit.

Day 1 DLC buy for me lol.

zlatko

Banned
I started looking at pics more, and I am making this prediction now.

Nash is brought back via Urien somehow. (Hence the jewel/gem in his head)

As for the body parts... someone kills Blanka's ass and the parts are used on Nash. That green hand of his totally looks like what Blanka would look like in this game.

Ono killing off Blanka confirmed.

#StayDead

Ryu
Nash
Chun
Bison
4 New Characters
Birdie
Urien
Alex
Juri
Karin because a lot of ppl like her
Q
Makoto
Ibuki
*Akuma day 1 unlock

I'm a man of the people. I was about to give in and give Viper, but fuck that.

Rainy

Banned
enzo your new icon, I approve.
(Also Sakura with longer hair and not a schoolgirl outfit would be great but who am I kidding.)

How about we settle for a raunchy elbow?
Panties.

(Also Sakura with longer hair and not a schoolgirl outfit would be great but who am I kidding.)

In theory, Sakura has finished school in this game. Enough time has passed for Bison's hair to be white.

I have never followed the series chronology other than it goes SF1 > SF2 > SF4 > SF3. Based on Charlie, is this after SF3? Where was Bison in SF3 anyway?

Krackatoa

Ambient Occlusion

Since it's "introduction" with DX10 back in 09 (I think it was 09), AO has become commonplace in games, and is one of my favourite graphical effects ever ever.

SFIV didn't necessarily do AO, but the effect is similar.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thanks, couldn't get the skin right but I still like it.

And Bison has white hair now, so who knows, maybe some of the young characters could get a bit older. I'd rather Sakura stay with short hair but get a new outfit.

Top Bottom