• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

I think SF5 is shaping up really well. The animation is incredible, especially with the reactions to blows.

Just a shame Ryu is in it again.

Read this on SRK:
There are more special stage finishes than what we saw at Capcom Cup. One match I played ended with my Bison being shoved into a Hong Kong tour bus that then drove off.

Lmao. I can't wait to see that.

Dahbomb

Seems like the issue of 1 frame links is resolved in SFV according to SRK. They are still in the game but the execution is easier. Pretty much tells me that they have incorporated in the Omega mode buffer.

Also no invincible back dashes.

V Skills don't require meter to use. My guess is that landing them successfully gives you V meter.

jbug617

Banned
Via SRK

Damage, in general, seems a fair bit higher than Ultra Street Fighter IV.
Chip damage cannot kill unless from a Critical Arts attack.
No 360 moves were in the game.
The character select screen shows stats for each character, ranking them on things like strength, technique, etc.
I asked if one-frame links were still a thing. The answer was, “Yes, but the execution is more lenient so they’re easier to pull off.”
There are more special stage finishes than what we saw at Capcom Cup. One match I played ended with my Bison being shoved into a Hong Kong tour bus that then drove off.
Only one Critical Art for each character though, in some cases, it can be altered…I’ll go into that shortly.

Capcom also spoke a bit about the online play. The team has developed their own proprietary netcode, called “Kagemusha,” based on GGPO-style rollbacks. The studio is promising a smooth, lag-free online experience. Perhaps even more excitingly, this will–in a series first–allow cross-platform play between PlayStation 4 and PC. Can’t convince your PC-owning buddies to spring for a console to play with you? No problem, you’ll still be able to battle them online!

jbug617

Banned
l_55753d660e87184szf.jpg

l_55753d61960fbjhs7r.jpg

l_55753d6f4e2d5qzs4c.jpg

l_55753d6a8fe45fysbl.jpg

l_55753d53cb651nvsm6.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201506/12080335.html

I'm so hyped about this

Dahbomb

Well at least Capcom has finally developed a netcode system. Let's see how it will run.

Also Ryu basically having a SF3 parry is a bit concerning. SRK confirmed that you can recreate moment #37 with it.

kitzkozan

$60 is still to much. fuck.

I think I'm just gonna wait til they drop the $30 Super Street Fighter V and just watch streams of Street Fighter V in the meantime.

fucking canada

fucking best buy

$60 is a very reasonable price for a game which should easily surpass SFIV and it's many update. Now, factor in the upcoming E3 pre-order discount and at worst, it's 20% off if you opt for BB so $48 and access to the beta. I already pre-ordered the game with a 10% discount from amazon.ca, but I'll cancel that as soon as they offer me a better one next week.

I freaking paid $80+ for the special edition of vanilla SFIV back in 2009 so this is nothing lol.

BadWolf

That looks incredible, feels like a big leap forward gameplay-wise in particular.

Looks like the activating after hitting a normal lets you continue comboing after.

So Ryu has a parry that doesn't cost anything, and -gives- him v-gauge.

Not sure how i feel about that.

It's like Ryo's parry now, there is an actual animation to it which leaves you visibly open to punishment if you mistime it. Will be quite a bit riskier to use than in 3rd Strike.

I am ready for Daigo's Ryu in SFV.

Crocodile

I'm glad Capcom seems to be taking the netcode more seriously but I can't believe them until we Americans can get the game in our hands. Also do we get to set frame delay? I'm hoping a lot more "quality of life" improvements are found in SFV over SFIV (stuff like ping would be a helpful minimum).

zlatko

Banned
I am the Nintendo64 kid. Just woke up to all of this new shit.

This game is the truth.

All hail based Ono.

So they are revealing new character reveals for E3 itself on Sony stage I am assuming, but the demo everyone will get to play and compete with will only have these 4?

I'm okay with that... I just want an Alex, Urien, or Karin reveal Capcom.

Going to say it now : I will absolutely be taking this game seriously and will compete at local scenes. I want to end this online warrior/stream monster business with this one.

Some may say I plan to... Rise up. Kappa

jbug617

Banned
going to preorder this now on Amazon to make sure I get beta access and then I will cancel and buy it at Best Buy with GCU discount

Top Bottom