• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enzo you know damn well you still aint gonna buy or play SFV.
Got that Amazon pre-order on lock @ $60, might be the only retail game I buy at launch because of our dollar and pre-order situation.

come see me when/if they announce a black character for the game breh

Maybe we need an updated FGW interview of Enzo.
I reached my fraudulence quota long ago, we can do without this.

Got that Amazon pre-order on lock @ $60, might be the only retail game I buy at launch because of our dollar and pre-order situation.

I reached my fraudulence quota long ago, we can do without this.

Imma give you this work.

You still aint gonna support the Toronto community either smh

Beesuit

That's what I'm talking about. Love this stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN2CgX2L2jw
(this guy missed a few)

I freakin loved vanilla announcer. Vanilla had oomph to it. Now it just feels eh and current announcer is annoying as fuck.

Always bugged the hell outta me that SFIV never had the special intros.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwJI8xD7UPo

Dude wut?

NA2eiVu.jpg

I mean yea I know it's unfinished but let's call a duck a duck here. I mean look at those NPCs and textures in the background.

I actually really like what they're going for here. That kind of style looks best when stuff is a wee bit fuzzy. The impressionistic way, kind of. Give a vibe, not the gory details. Plus this might be some of the first stone in ages that doesn't immediately look like oiled plastic to me.

CPS2

Is there any word on the sequel to Xrd having better netcode? Its just frustrating having variable timing in that kind of game. Forces you to do the most basic stuff, makes certain types of characters not worth playing at all.

Kalamari

New SF pics look much brighter, which looks better than what we've seen previously, but the character design still leaves much to be desired.

OceanBlue

I just hope SF5 feels good to play. I'm glad people are going to be able to play it at CEO. Getting unfiltered impressions will be nice.

LegatoB

Is there any word on the sequel to Xrd having better netcode? Its just frustrating having variable timing in that kind of game. Forces you to do the most basic stuff, makes certain types of characters not worth playing at all.
We haven't even begun to approach the "acknowledge there'll be a console port" part of the New Fighting Game Revision Hype Cycle. Ask again in 6 months.

(Of course they'll say the netcode will be improved, they're not gonna say otherwise, but you'd have to be pretty naive to listen to ASW now.)

Beckx

Wow. SFV looks amazing. First time I'm legitimately excited for it. The new lighting shows off the art style and I really like it.

Beckx

I need gameplay videos that aren't chopped and screwed. Bullshots don't do it for me.

Yeah though we're now in the era of bullvid too, with builds that aren't actually representative of what's technically possible for the final game.

------

@EvilMrWizard
Exciting Street Fighter V news via @shoryukendotcom at the top of the hour!

Invitational alpha-build Tourney at EVO?

Horseress

Tik-Tok

This really sucks... I won a free pass to E3 through shoryuken and I don't think I can go.
It's gonna cost me 600 just in flight which I could probably swallow but is difficult having already booked a trip to EVO, but then I'll have to eat the cost of a hotel room by myself plus spending money and stuff.
Not to mention the short notice to give work to get a week off.

This has been something I've wanted to do since before E3 was E3 and this might be my only chance to go. Super bummed right now

Tizoc

Everyone
Quick
Tell me what streams will be showing New SF5 info, I NEEDS TO WATCHES IT! (Pref. Twitch as YT doesn't work here for some reason =X)

This really sucks... I won a free pass to E3 through shoryuken and I don't think I can go.
It's gonna cost me 600 just in flight which I could probably swallow but is difficult having already booked a trip to EVO, but then I'll have to eat the cost of a hotel room by myself plus spending money and stuff.

This has been something I've wanted to do since before E3 was E3 and this might be my only chance to go. Super bummed right now
Chin up; I feel like E3 is best experienced in the comfort of your own home.

Are the tickets transferable? Would you be able to sell them to someone?

Tik-Tok

Chin up; I feel like E3 is best experienced in the comfort of your own home.

Are the tickets transferable? Would you be able to sell them to someone?

I don't believe they are. If they are I would gladly give them to someone I know would use them in the event that I can't

Sell the ticket for $$

Horseress

Everyone
Quick
Tell me what streams will be showing New SF5 info, I NEEDS TO WATCHES IT! (Pref. Twitch as YT doesn't work here for some reason =X)

It won't be in a stream, it'll probably be only info, maybe a trailer at best

EDIT:

un minuto más

Anth0ny

$60 is still to much. fuck.

I think I'm just gonna wait til they drop the $30 Super Street Fighter V and just watch streams of Street Fighter V in the meantime.

fucking canada

fucking best buy

Top Bottom