• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

zlatko

Banned
That looks so incredibly fake. It looks like the model from that SFIV mod.

Hmph. I think it's legit. Maybe an old build?

The reason I think it's real is because Abel as far as I remember does not have a standing stance like that. His hands are always out in front of him, not tucked low below. When people do mods they can only swap the skin, not the animation for idle as far as I recall.

kitzkozan

I did. :(

I love EVERY SINGLE THING I've read about the game other than Charlie being a motion character.

I'll live, though.

Only thing I dislike is M.Bison losing his regular psycho crusher. I'm not a big fan of Alpha style M.Bison withe the charge projectile. That being said, he's got a qcf X 2 motion for his super, which is good.

V-trigger and skill will definitively give more distinction to each character, but it's going to be trickier to balance the game. Ultimately, it can make for a far more interesting game to play which is the point. :]

Tik-Tok

Anyone else notice Charlie is called Nash, but Dictator is called M.Bison ? I wonder if they're changing Charlies name for North America, or Dictators name for Japan

Beckx

Anyone else notice Charlie is called Nash, but Dictator is called M.Bison ? I wonder if they're changing Charlies name for North America, or Dictators name for Japan

Definitely doing the former per SRK. Should scan Capcom Japan YT to see if they are doing the latter.

Horseress

l_55753d61960fbjhs7r.jpg

I think he's Nash everywhere

Clawww

that loading screen and the talk yesterday about special intros... special load screen poses would be a pretty sick substitute if they're not going to bother with full animations at the start of the round

Dahbomb

Game is looking like it's going to be more offensive focused or at least the good characters will be those with good pressure/offense.

*No invincible back dashes.
*Chip on blocking even normals.
*No FADC reversals which means you are less likely to mash out a DP when you have two bars. It's actually a risk now which means players will always be on the offensive.
*A lot of anti fireball abilities in the game. Chun Li has a jump over fireball Skill, Ryu has Parry, Bison has fireball reflect, Charlie has absorb fireball and teleport.
*Higher damage overall which means more reward for getting in and doing big combo.
*Easier 1 frame links means less dropped combos and more incentive to go for higher damage combos or more risky strings on pressure.
*Easier counter hit set ups and combos.

I guess it's good that Dhalsim won't be in the game. It's good they have that Alpha counter in there to control offensive pressure somewhat.

petghost

Banned
Eurogamer vid matches are actually pretty good. You can apparently hit a button, activate v trigger, confirm then continue your combo because of the screen freeze.

I find the sound effects of some moves a little offputting. Sounds like sfxt gems.

This is the only advice I would give to Capcom. Make the hits sound more like SF4. Think of Ken's hurricane kick. It sounds satisfying to land because of the sound effect.

Whoever goes to E3 should do the community a service and express this.

Clawww

this is great, though. establish the mechanics and ride the wave of impressions right into the new character reveals. well played

Skab

Catching up since everything dropped while I was driving home from work and I'm really liking the speed it's at now.

Can't wait to see more characters!

The E3 exhibitions are gonna be sick.

Now i just need some more character reveals. This is the time for ohoho and drill hair. Don't let me down, Capcom!

I did. :(

I love EVERY SINGLE THING I've read about the game other than Charlie being a motion character.

I'll live, though.
Really? I'm surprised since you can do "any combo". ;-)

People with 4 face button controllers. ( .__.)
Oh, yeah...

Eurogamer vid matches are actually pretty good. You can apparently hit a button, activate v trigger, confirm then continue your combo because of the screen freeze.
Link?

Coda

Wow, so hyped on SF V now after all this footage. I was hyped already but this is looking real nice at the moment. Love the UI, so fresh and so clean.

After using an xbox one pad to play on PC for the last week, I can conclude that it sucks for fighters. The dpad and face buttons are fine but the shoulder buttons are garbage. Fortunately I have an FC4 on the way.

fader

Top Bottom