• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

Dahbomb

Negaduck

Here is a screenshot from Facebook.

udrmJ2E.jpg

Swarna

I guess they are shaking up a lot of things with these characters, eh. Rush-down Chun and no more "st. HK and Knee Press all day" Bison.

mollipen

Are you going to the E3 press tourney? You should clean up there. I typically feel like most of them have never played a fighting game from the matches I've seen.

I am going to be. We... will see how good I do. After getting destroyed last year, I don't feel so confident. But with SFV being totally new, I have a little hope. *heh*

Were you Chun? Not bad.

Yup, I was Chunners and Nash (who I'll probably be running with in the tournament).

kitzkozan

Other characters V-Skills kinda look meh-ish compared to Ryu's parry!

His parry probably isn't as strong as it was in SFIII. It's a good thing that he's the only one with it, since it doesn't eliminate the SF fireball game. Although, this is going to be a more aggressive game than IV just by design. Chip damage from normals, no invincible backdash, characters using v-skill moves, high damage output already lead to an offensive oriented FG.

Kinda bummed hearing about old man Bison and his slow ass walking speed, but he can teleport like crazy once he access his v-trigger omega mode. :p

alstein

I'm positive about what I've seen so far.

I love A2-style Bison being back, hopefully Skull Dive is A2-style as well.

My concern is inputs, specifically button priority. I hope they can avoid some of the stifling OS's that developed with SF4.

Secondary concern is kara-throwing, which I hope was also removed.

Mr. X

MP+MK uses no meter.
Ryu has parry.

Damn, where's the mule kick!? I want to play Ryu!

This set of info has my interest.

Alpha counters returning is great. Them being all different, not a huge fan.

Glad that the V-Meter is incredibly straight forward.

Is it just me or the stages look the same size if not smaller than SFIV?

I hope they're smaller.

They just need to add a two-button dash!

His parry probably isn't as strong as it was in SFIII. It's a good thing that he's the only one with it, since it doesn't eliminate the SF fireball game. Although, this is going to be a more aggressive game than IV just by design. Chip damage from normals, no invincible backdash, characters using v-skill moves, high damage output already lead to an offensive oriented FG.

Kinda bummed hearing about old man Bison and his slow ass walking speed, but he can teleport like crazy once he access his v-trigger omega mode. :p
It looks like Bison is the defensive character so far. Counters, projectile counter, good normals, slow movement. I'm digging him so far.

Infinite

SFV looks great now. Walk speeds and animations look a little better and sped up which is basically what I wanted from it since I saw it initially. Game looks more aggressive which is appreciated. V-Skills are interesting. Alpha Counters was something that the series needed. Can't complain.

Top Bottom