• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

KoF13 for 5 bucks?!

Sold as fuuuuck.

Edit: Bought. I remember being very shitty at this and didn't stick with it long. If I recall the PC version is better on the online netcode yes?

What 3 to main? Hmmmmm...

Netcode is solid. I play onemic and he's in canada, im in socal. Overall its solid.

Main mai, clark, kyo, kim =D or pick whoever you want + mr karate

Onemic

Vulva, can you find out if you can cancel into v-trigger after a dp? Also can you see if doing f, d, d/f, f, c.mk xx hadouken still gives you a dp?

IkhzqNC.png

Same here bruh. I think the best I've ever done is 2/3. I usually went 0/3 or 1/3 tho. I see these dudes internet flexin.

KoF13 for 5 bucks?!

Sold as fuuuuck.

Edit: Bought. I remember being very shitty at this and didn't stick with it long. If I recall the PC version is better on the online netcode yes?

What 3 to main? Hmmmmm...

yup, kofxiii netcode is better than SFIV's netcode

zlatko

Banned
Netcode is solid. I play onemic and he's in canada, im in socal. Overall its solid.

Main mai, clark, kyo, kim =D or pick whoever you want + mr karate

Hmmm.

I'm thinking White jack Kyo, Terry, and not sure who for the third yet. Kim, K', or Andy B.

Andy is too dope not to play. Dem roll cancels. Dem shoulder checks.

Gonna double check to see if KOF13 can run on my machine or not. Hopefully it can. :(

EDIT: Apparently I don't have a good enough video card, which makes sense since this laptop is a year+ old.

On Dapvip: Him beating Justin in the match up was more him playing really well than Justin slacking. You could say that Justin underestimated him because usually whenever Wolverine has to face Dante it's in the corner on incoming and that's really free for Wolverine in that situation.

I swear I hear the same shit every year "nah guys Justin is totally slacking, he almost lost to that one dude in that tournament!" or "he's concentrating on X games this year, he will be weak in Marvel this year!"

Do you know this man's middle name? Do you guys know his records?

You wanna know how many times Justin has NOT made top 8 EVO for a Marvel game?

0/14. That's 0 times out of 14 since EVO was made. Like WTF is that shit, not even Daigo has a record like that across his career.

Really hope I don't have to eat my words on this year with the jinx...

Haven't there been 13 evos?

Regardless, Justin also won more than half of them for Marvel.

Teach me how to play

I can play you in the older kofs if you want. Though my schedule is kind of wonky when I can play, being a sucka with a 9-5 and all that. I've been setting aside some time to learn some MKX since there is actually a local close to my house, though tbh I think it is a fine game even though I prefer other 2d fighters.

Reading the past couple pages and random stuff on SFV, I really hope there is something like a World Tour mode like in Alpha 3. I always liked that better than something like the story mode in MK games where I go through it once and forget about it. I liked going through it with more than one character and leveling all their isms, though it's been forever since I even touched my copy of Alpha 3. Since you guys were having a discussion and all that about easing new players in and ShinMaruku was talking about DFO pve, that is sort of like the transitions from someone going world tour mode into playing against other players. You can't jump 1 to 1 between modes because world tour mode has skills that will effect what you can do (like allowing you to cancel some stuff you normally couldn't), but it gives someone a general idea of how to play their character after putting hours into that mode. But we'll see what happens.

You could buy it and request a refund if it doesn't work out.

I was originally gonna buy it and see if my luck is good, but apparently I don't have enough VRAM to meet the minimum. Might buy it and sit on it until I eventually get a better machine, still thinking about it.

Gonna double check to see if KOF13 can run on my machine or not. Hopefully it can. :(

EDIT: Apparently I don't have a good enough video card, which makes sense since this laptop is a year+ old.
Specs are more important than age. I got my toaster for $400 just shy of three years ago and it lets me play SG, KOF and SFIV. I got lucky tbh, though. People probably can't take into account what they'll be doing with their laptops three years into the future.

Use this as a baseline and see if you get lucky.

Specs are more important than age. I got my toaster for $400 just shy of three years ago and it lets me play SG, KOF and SFIV. I got lucky tbh, though. People probably can't take into account what they'll be doing with their laptops three years into the future.

My VRAM is in the double digits lol (MB, oof)

If that's still good enough for KOF13, then cool. I'm guessing it's not though.

Onemic

I can play you in the older kofs if you want. Though my schedule is kind of wonky when I can play, being a sucka with a 9-5 and all that. I've been setting aside some time to learn some MKX since there is actually a local close to my house, though tbh I think it is a fine game even though I prefer other 2d fighters.

Reading the past couple pages and random stuff on SFV, I really hope there is something like a World Tour mode like in Alpha 3. I always liked that better than something like the story mode in MK games where I go through it once and forget about it. I liked going through it with more than one character and leveling all their isms, though it's been forever since I even touched my copy of Alpha 3. Since you guys were having a discussion and all that about easing new players in and ShinMaruku was talking about DFO pve, that is sort of like the transitions from someone going world tour mode into playing against other players. You can't jump 1 to 1 between modes because world tour mode has skills that will effect what you can do (like allowing you to cancel some stuff you normally couldn't), but it gives someone a general idea of how to play their character after putting hours into that mode. But we'll see what happens.

I'd be down to learn 98 over XIII. Long term though, it all depends on if Yata will catch on or not.

And ya, World tour mode in Alpha was by far the best SP that the SF series ever had. I remember pouring dozens upon dozens of hours into that on my psp almost 10 years back.

Tripon

Replaying KOF 2002 for the longest ass time because it was $3. Not my favorite KOF, but just about every version is so good.

Also, playing Terry again, SFV Nash reminds me a lot of Terry. I hope he actually does play similarly.

Rhapsody

Banned
Teach me how to play

I think 98's a very fun and simple game. Way way easier to play than 2002 imo, including execution.
A lot of good footsie buttons, and learning new characters is actually not too bad.

KoF fundamentals easily apply to this game as well as just solid footsies.

rookiejet

My tab is at page 18. *skips to last page*
I'm just gonna assume the SFV stuff shown is godlike
and has airdashes. #believe

I'd be down to learn 98 over XIII. Long term though, it all depends on if Yata will catch on or not.

I'd be down to learn 98 (and Yata) with you, I've been looking for a sparring partner. I sometimes sneak an hour during weekdays between 12 and 2am, but I can play at more sensible hours during the weekend.

Onemic

I think 98's a very fun and simple game. Way way easier to play than 2002 imo, including execution.
A lot of good footsie buttons, and learning new characters is actually not too bad.

KoF fundamentals easily apply to this game as well as just solid footsies.

I'm assuming it's easier to play than XIII too then?

My tab is at page 18. *skips to last page*
I'm just gonna assume the SFV stuff shown is godlike
and has airdashes. #believe

I'd be down to learn 98 (and Yata) with you, I've been looking for a sparring partner. I sometimes sneak an hour during weekdays between 12 and 2am, but I can play at more sensible hours during the weekend.

Nice, I'm available any time since Im in that #noJob life

Rhapsody

Banned

I find myself having an easier time in 98 than XIII. Jump ins are super easy to combo off of in this game if that's a problem for you in XIII. Hardest thing execution-wise is canceling into super, but it's not that far from 3rd Strike's difficulty.

It's been awhile since I played XIII (I'm pretty sure 02 had this though), but this in 98, you can hold other buttons to prevent specials to make things easier. Like if you held A and did QCF+C, the special will never come out. So using that technique can make certain combos easier like Iori's close C to f+A into super.

Also the whole cast has really good ranged normals. You can play things a bit more safely and just let stray hits add up. Yuri actually has really really good range in this game for the type of character she is lol

Anne

I play on a DS3 actually. Since there's an alt fire button to hold I just assign it to R1. It can be played on a stick pretty easily though, I'm just as good on stick as on pad.

Of course Anne would know about this. =P

Had to find out for myself :T Steam refund holla

Got KOF13 and it runs like a dream~

Also got Valkyria Chronicles because I've been waiting for a nice sale on it. Already have the PS3 version, but it'll be nice to have it with me everywhere.

alstein

yo rhapsody you know of a doujin game that is like a shmup/fg hybrid that is full of a bunch of little anime girls?

edit: nvm i found it. its Acceleration of suguri x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RI5U9YMQCA

People forgot about Twinkle Star Sprites already?

Nice, I'm available any time since Im in that #noJob life

98 has some crazy stuff at high level, but it's pretty basic otherwise.
2k2 is a bit harder but still very manageable.

Top Bottom