• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Marvel is alive people.

It's going down at EVO.

giphy.gif

zlatko

Banned
I think I deduced the banana in that Ono twitter pic.

There's 2 characters for smash being revealed. People found the name "Ryu" in the code previously. Plenty of speculated the next DLC character after Lucas is Ryu from SF.

The banana peel is a Diddy Kong tool.

Maybe he's just teasing the fact that Ryu is in Smash. That's what I think.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
who could be a good fourth?... Cloud805?

i think thats what i saw on the previous page. these four players are at their prime, well justin and champ are lol. Chris is kind of lacking but still a powerhouse. God damn, Marvel Top 8 better be on Sunday ;_;

Dahbomb

Marvel is alive people.

It's going down at EVO.
Aaawwwww sszhhiiieeetttt!!!!!

Nemo ALWAYS brings the high stakes!

I am loving all this "fuck da gawds" scene right now. First the Socal vs Gods MM,, then the bounties at EVO and now Japan vs Gods.

Will the gods finally die?

petghost

Banned
I think I deduced the banana in that Ono twitter pic.

There's 2 characters for smash being revealed. People found the name "Ryu" in the code previously. Plenty of speculated the next DLC character after Lucas is Ryu from SF.

The banana peel is a Diddy Kong tool.

Maybe he's just teasing the fact that Ryu is in Smash. That's what I think.

I think you just trying to find some way to rationalize a way for stupid ass blanka to not be in this game.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Aaawwwww sszhhiiieeetttt!!!!!

Nemo ALWAYS brings the high stakes!

I am loving all this "fuck da gawds" scene right now. First the Socal vs Gods MM,, then the bounties at EVO and now Japan vs Gods.

Will the gods finally die?

justin has been showing signs of staggering, as what people would think. im on the other camp that people are finally catching up to justin and can beat him. i dont know about ryan, he can change his playstyle on command midmatch and annihilate anyone. chris g has a spotty record. i can see wong and chris not making it top 8 if they face some terrifying players in pools or top 64.

vulva

Landed in L.A. SF5 news is pure fire plus I'm seeing Melt-Banana tonight. My dick couldn't get any harder than it is right now

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Clock already got them bleeding, no? :p

My question: who the hell is cross?

fake edit: zero/strange/dante player

Team sounds cheap, really cheap. My only gripe with Japanese players is that they aren't as dirty as American players, we go for the jugular.

Wong staggering?

Might not make top 8?

BakedYams plz... don't make me laugh!

i know you saw that dapvip vs wong GF match. also in KiT (if I'm not mistaken) he faced a south korean player (OG in marvel 2 days?) and was about to lose. dude has his moments where he's losing. people just choke at the last second and let this man get away with it.

In regards to the Square Enix involvement withSFV.
ah

Also Jwong and Chris can lose before top 8 evo, but it happening twice? Not really

unlike SF4, umvc3 has a real skill gap in America. The only benefit to people is that the game is marvel and the game is super cheap.

edit

LOL @ davip. Davip is actually good so jwong almost losing is fine. Davip also plays a super stupid team, soooo yeah. Its more one touch team than fucking zero may cry.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
ah

Also Jwong and Chris can lose before top 8 evo, but it happening twice? Not really

unlike SF4, umvc3 has a real skill gap in America. The only benefit to people is that the game is marvel and the game is super cheap.

edit

LOL @ davip. Davip is actually good so jwong almost losing is fine. Davip also plays a super stupid team, soooo yeah. Its more one touch team than fucking zero may cry.

i just really want the gods to get slayed before top 4 so we can get the most views at EVO again. Marvel has repeated hype for the past 3 years, it can do it for a fourth!

Zissou

ah

edit

Dapvip is very good, but that fact that he was taking it to Justin with point Dante (i.e., against the best Wolverine on earth)? Gotta say something. The MU is horrific for Dante o_O

Dapvip is very good, but that fact that he was taking it to Justin with point Dante (i.e., against the best Wolverine on earth)? Gotta say something. The MU is horrific for Dante o_O

yeah it is but davip knows this. He probably has trained against all the bad starting matchups with his point characters because he has to.

He is a good player but that doesn't mean jwong is slacking. There's one month left and you know jwong is going to train non stop for EVO.

i just really want the gods to get slayed before top 4 so we can get the most views at EVO again. Marvel has repeated hype for the past 3 years, it can do it for a fourth!

honestly, a "hype" marvel finals would just mean any high level close match. Jwong vs Fchamp with jwong in losers bringing it to 2-2 in the 2nd set would be hype. Nobody wants to see flux/cloud zero may crying everybody if the gods are out.

zlatko

Banned
I think you just trying to find some way to rationalize a way for stupid ass blanka to not be in this game.

Huh?

No really. Follow the Smash threads. Everyone in those threads thinks Ryu will be revealed in the next 24 hours. If I recall it's Lucas, Ryu, Roy that are being claimed are coming?

Also---

Just saw episode 131 of Hunter x Hunter. God damn son....so much shit got rekt. Gon... wow.

First comes rock

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
yeah it is but davip knows this. He probably has trained against all the bad starting matchups with his point characters because he has to.

He is a good player but that doesn't mean jwong is slacking. There's one month left and you know jwong is going to train non stop for EVO.

lol, i said i was in the other camp of people actually catching up to him -_-

lol, i said i was in the other camp of people actually catching up to him -_-

doubt it. Highly doubt it. Davips fundamentals are not even on the same playing field as jwong.

You're talking about one guy who specializes in one game almost taking a set against a guy who plays 1) SF4 2) MKX 3) UMVC3 and a little bit of KI, at a level that is consistent top 8/16 in most American tournaments

Its not really that impressive knowing that jwong is probably just going to focus on sf4 and umvc3 for evo. Also how many top 8s has davip been in from a major? Everybody has a good day, and everybody has a bad day.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
doubt it. Highly doubt it. Davips fundamentals are not even on the same playing field as jwong.

You're talking about one guy who specializes in one game almost taking a set against a guy who plays 1) SF4 2) MKX 3) UMVC3 and a little bit of KI, at a level that is consistent top 8 in most American tournaments

Its not really that impressive knowing that jwong is probably just going to focus on sf4 and umvc3 for evo. Also how many top 8s has davip been in from a major? Everybody has a good day, and everybody has a bad day.

i do agree with you wholeheartedly. dapvip doesnt have the track record wong has. wong was (and probably still is) the mvc2 god. let a man dream damn it! lol

Seyavesh

cross is super good zero/dante/strange player who basically went undefeated in money matches last evo

iirc the only guy who beat him was fchamp on a rematch

that japan team has a real as fuck chance to beat team gods, and i don't mean "on a good day and the gods are playing bad" i mean in a straight on everyone is in tip-top shape fight

i do agree with you wholeheartedly. dapvip doesnt have the track record wong has. wong was (and probably still is) the mvc2 god. let a man dream damn it! lol

Honestly, the best chance is for the "gods" to lose a game to some random and then meet each other in losers. Problem with that is that if only lets say chris G and jwong are losers....well that just leaves fchamp to clean up winners.

Best chance for a non god to take top 8 is if chris G and fchamp fight in losers then jwong gets knocked later in losers and fights the remaining.

Anne

How do you continuously go 0-3? I had a friend watch streams with me a couple nights and she manages to not go 0-3 after just that lol

Dahbomb

On Dapvip: Him beating Justin in the match up was more him playing really well than Justin slacking. You could say that Justin underestimated him because usually whenever Wolverine has to face Dante it's in the corner on incoming and that's really free for Wolverine in that situation.

I swear I hear the same shit every year "nah guys Justin is totally slacking, he almost lost to that one dude in that tournament!" or "he's concentrating on X games this year, he will be weak in Marvel this year!"

Do you know this man's middle name? Do you guys know his records?

You wanna know how many times Justin has NOT made top 8 EVO for a Marvel game?

0/14. That's 0 times out of 14 since EVO was made. Like WTF is that shit, not even Daigo has a record like that across his career.

Really hope I don't have to eat my words on this year with the jinx...

vulva

Aww shit melt banana show was the best show ive ever been too. You lucky in multiple ways.
This is my fifth time seeing them.

Also a dude at the venue had an evo shirt. We chatted for a bit then he asked my handle. Apparently he knew I was a chun player and his friend mentioned me a few times. I'm so confused surprised and excited

Top Bottom