• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

.la1n

25 years a scrub

tumblr_lpg3so4bvm1qiy6q1.gif

Horseress

So I was just watching some gameply vids from IGN and you can totally wiff specials to gain meter still.

Yeah, the magazine that said you fill your ex bar only by doing damage was totally wrong. You fill your ex bar just like you did in SFIV

Horseress

Ken Bogard just uploaded another SFV-related video. Can anyone here translate? Did he leak more stuff....? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TW5wooJNYE

All the years listening to french nu metal bands made me understand a bit of what Ken Bogard's talking about :lol

And I don't think he's leaking anything in this video, just going through game mechanics

EDIT: I KNEW I saw somewhere Ryu canceling a blocked DP into V-trigger. Yep, you still can make DP's safe

FINAL TRUE EDIT : not a dp, it's a crouching fierce
cux1x3P.png

Horseress

It's one thing to have a parry in a game where parry isn't a universal mechanic, lol. Wouldn't mind mind being able to FADC on hit though, DP > FADC > Ultra is too iconic to let go just yet.

You can DP > V-trigger > combo, not sure if you can cancel into CA tho, but it's very possible

ElTopo

Banned
The only thing missing is an announcer. I don't need somebody to commentate during the entire match but there should at least be someone saying out the rounds. Only an extremely minor thing, though. Otherwise, this game is looking so boss. I need it.

3rd Strike announcer.

"All right that's cool."

shaowebb

yo so apparently sugurix edition is 50% off at 2.99 on steam imma cop that shit right now.

anne you play it with a stick?

People forgot about Twinkle Star Sprites already?

You should check out Senko No Ronde Duo if you like competitive shmups. Its first game was localized as "Wartech" and its like Suguri but the sequel is amazing and adds more meter and tag stuff. It got so big in Korea there were tournaments dedicated to competitive Senko No Ronde Duo.

Plus in this series if you fill the meter you get to turn into a bullethell boss for a temporary time period which in many instances is not a bonus at competitive level for some characters.

Check it out. Its what Acceleration of Suguri was inspired by.

Senko no ronde duo fight

Kimosabae

Banned
Obviously the announcer hasn't been added yet.

It'd be cool to get some real play by play commentary from a Fighting Game just to do something different. I don't think a Japanese developer could pull that off, though.

But imagine if we had casters in the community talented enough to play by play for a SF game similar to how Marv Albert and co. do play by play for the Live/2K series etc. I think it could not only be hype as hell, but provide much needed insight for newcomers.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Obviously the announcer hasn't been added yet.

It'd be cool to get some real play by play commentary from a Fighting Game just to do something different. I don't think a Japanese developer could pull that off, though.

But imagine if we had casters in the community talented enough to play by play for a SF game similar to how Marv Albert and co. do play by play for the Live/2K series etc. I think it could not only be hype as hell, but provide much needed insight for newcomers.
No thanks. This is one of those things where it's cool for a minute before you figure out every time you do a cr. HK you pre-emptively cringe as you await the announcer saying GOING FOR THE SWEEP!

It's not corny, annoying, unnecessary, or disengaging from the fight, it's all of the above. Sounds like World of World of Warcraft too.

Top Bottom