• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 8-14 | We played a lot of SG and VF for some reason

shaowebb

So Arcsy bought the Kunio license from Million.

I'd love to see a fighting game with this aesthetic:

Shin_Nekketsu_K%C5%8Dha_Kunio-tachi_no_Banka.jpg

All I know is Double Dragon was going to Rage of the Dragons from Neogeo but the license slipped by and it was amazing in spite of the loss.

The idea of another company taking a shot at Double Dragon becoming a fighting game has me excited. ESPECIALLY SINCE ITS 80's AS FUCK. Arc Sys Works super duper 80's themed Double Dragon tag fighter? Oh lordy yes.

Dahbomb

You actually think Arc Sys is going to do Double Dragon in 80s anime fashion? LMAO!

It's going to look like generic anime #10434 of present day.

shaowebb

You actually think Arc Sys is going to do Double Dragon in 80s anime fashion? LMAO!

It's going to look like generic anime #10434 of present day.

I don't give a damn if its anime 80's anime 90s or whatever. I never mentioned anything to that extent anyhow. All I want is a Double Dragon fighting game that is as 80's as possible in general. I could give a shit less about the art.

Im talking bout

• paint splat hats
  • acid wash jeans
  • aerobic tights with the legs cut up on the sides past the navel
  • cheap oversized sunglasses
  • Neon everything
  • Sun Visor hats
  • Shutter shades
  • Visor style sunglasses
  • fingerless leather gloves
  • big ass hair
  • big ass shoulder pads
  • everyone wearing their coats with the sleeves rolled up to the elbow
  • Hi Top Fucking Shoes
  • Clothing being about being loud and colorful
  • Way too many patterns on one coat (neon zebra print next to a big purple square say whaaaat?)
  • Folks dancing by essentially running in place in oversized baggy socks with sweatbands on their wrists
  • Huge hoop fucking earrings
  • Checkerboard black and white racing flag patterns on clothing
  • Platinum blonde everyone
  • popped collars
  • Skateboarding and surfing
  • Corvettes and Lamborghinis
  • People flying around shooting pew pew lasers from jetski looking things
  • Every animal's eyes fucking glowing for no reason
  • Aerobicizing
  • obsession with holograms
  • neon grid patterns representing computers and technology in general
  • girls wearing way to bright makeup and generally a shitload of eyeliner like it was face paint.
  • teased bangs, perms, mullets and jerry curls
  • People in white suitcoats and pink fucking shirts
  • piano key neckties
  • mustaches
  • spandex
  • cassettes
  • music videos
  • cigarettes
  • random fucking shows about going back in time, shrinking, or going iiiiiiiiin spaaaaaaaace being advertised
  • billboards covered in bad metal chrome colored fonts with a neon swooshy handwritten font paired with it
  • press on fucking nails
  • hairspray carried by girls with bigass purses
  • people popping bubblegum
  • talking fucking robots
  • chest hair
  • Random fucking Australian guy
  • Truckers in red hats and vests being seen as working class heroes for no fucking reason
  • Compression filters lol
  • Synth fucking drums
  • Keytars
  • HEADBANDS
  • Gangs that all talk in high pitched voices stealing yo girl and laughing in Hehehehehe sounds like Skull from Power Rangers
  • Leather coats with studs in them
  • Punk hair styles
  • Pop cans that dance with sunglasses on em
  • Talking dinosaurs in PSA's
  • Breakdancers in the street
  • People carrying boomboxes
  • Arcades
  • Denim vests
  • Parachute pants
  • COCAINE.

This ain't about anime. This is about 80's.

petghost

Banned
I think what makes it seem faster is there are hardly any hard knockdowns...vsav feels hella fast not only because it is but because there isn't a lot of Oki and setplay so the pace stays kinda frantic throughout.

shaowebb

Basically even more 80s than Double Dragon Neon was.

I too want this so much.

If my game's theme wasn't already set I would be doing this. Don't think I haven't had regrets lol.

As 80's as possible is one of my favorite themes ever. Plus the music is amazing to play games too.

shaowebb

Speaking of this, I just watched Kung Fury (again). It is awesome and 80's synth pop is a blessing on the world.

Starcadian Dance or Die

You're all welcome. Imagine stuff like this playing in a fighting game with all the shit I mentioned above peppered throughout the game's character and stage designs. BLISS.

Also if you like 80's synth pop check out Power Drive 2000. It met its kickstarter and has an allstar soundtrack. Check the list. All its missing is Perturbator and Lazerhawk.

stn

I think matches will go by faster in SF5. Consider:

-Less emphasis on knock downs and setups
-No focus attack to reset space
-No FADC on block to reset space
-SF4 had many defensive wakeup options which reset neutral (backdash, delayed wakeup)
-Throw tech seems faster and seems to have a smaller gap in space
-Normals do chip damage now (?)

Also, it feels like damage is bigger in this game. A basic M. Bison combo on Chun-Li seemed to do quite a bit of damage, I'll post exactly what I saw if I can find the specific moment again.

number47

I'll like to play a game.

Should pro players have their own commentator for their matches?

Of course. They would have to pay a small fee to have said commentator.

BadWolf

I think matches will go by faster in SF5. Consider:

-Less emphasis on knock downs and setups
-No focus attack to reset space
-No FADC on block to reset space
-SF4 had many defensive wakeup options which reset neutral (backdash, delayed wakeup)
-Throw tech seems faster and seems to have a smaller gap in space
-Normals do chip damage now (?)

Yeah, though it's temporary, similar to Focus in SF4.

Clawww

hopefully capcom can guarantee a good OS by having some kind of music DLC/unlocks

everyone else is doing it so I'm somewhat confident they won't forget.

Nyoro SF

Throws in SFV are like Third Strike now. Really fast techs, no hard knockdowns where you're lying on the floor for about five years, and keeping you within attack distance.

BadWolf

Throws in SFV are like Third Strike now. Really fast techs, no hard knockdowns where you're lying on the floor for about five years, and keeping you within attack distance.

I wonder what Nuki and the other 3S players think of the game.

To me it seems like something the 3S crowd would enjoy.

Top Bottom