• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 1-7 | Opponent-Based Action Games Weekly

Silky

Banned
Kadey are you guys playing on 360 or PS3??

Edit:

This Capcom reveal could actually be something...either Deep Down news, DD2 or...a new fightan

I just don't get why the new character is spawning discussion about lolis and otaku culture and people are assuming arc is selling out by creating her

Like is it the dress?? Her color scheme? What's the trigger that's setting people off here.

Personally she just seems like a Guilty Gear version of Virginia Maxwell from Wild Arms to me. Like I thought gunslinger girl in that type of dress was a long running trope or something

She doesn't look like Virginia to me. I wouldn't have thought of her if you hadn't mentioned her.

To me it's the color scheme, the bunny ear looking things, the hair, the cleavage, and she looks super young.

Virginia is a character I'd actually want to main. This character isn't appealing.

smurfx

get some go again
ixRz2sZHTghCw.gif

mbpm1

Roses are Reds
Violets are Blue
Western Heretic is back oh it's true
I ain't even mad at you, yes you
the one that snitch
at the end of the day I'm still me, Deckard Cain? Still a bitch
But I'm past that, for real did Flux win a major?
Oh shit I need to stop being a Flux hater
NAH yo Flux you STILL SUCK
He got all of lady luck
But at the end of the day ... NO ONE GIVES A FUCK

"So is not but whatever"

-Deckard Cain
Killed by Magdha

Silky

Banned
Roses are Reds
Violets are Blue
Western Heretic is back oh it's true
I ain't even mad at you, yes you
the one that snitch
at the end of the day I'm still me, Deckard Cain? Still a bitch
But I'm past that, for real did Flux win a major?
Oh shit I need to stop being a Flux hater
NAH yo Flux you STILL SUCK
He got all of lady luck
But at the end of the day ... NO ONE GIVES A FUCK

Bruh

Marz

I like Eddie, Testament, and Dizzy in GG. It's unfortunate that I only have access to one, but that's still better than the BB roster...

I like Eddie as well.

You don't have any appeal with Relius or Azreal? They're kinda cool I guess

I like Eddie as well.

You don't have any appeal with Relius or Azreal? They're kinda cool I guess
Azrael isnt bad, but he doesn't look like a lot of fun to play as. Relius seems to just use his doll for pressure and support. I like doll characters more like Elizabeth, where they are the primary attacking force. I thought Relius would get me pumped, but it just didn't happen. If Rachel were an adult, I might play her. I tried hard to like a lot of characters in that game since I bought a copy. -_-

alstein

I just don't get why the new character is spawning discussion about lolis and otaku culture and people are assuming arc is selling out by creating her

Like is it the dress?? Her color scheme? What's the trigger that's setting people off here.

Personally she just seems like a Guilty Gear version of Virginia Maxwell from Wild Arms to me. Like I thought gunslinger girl in that type of dress was a long running trope or something

It's all those things, and the fact she doesn't seem to fit what some perceive as a "Guilty Gear" character.

It's similar to how SF2 heads held their noses at some of the stupid 3S designs like Oro and Necro.

I get Rhapsody confused with Hitokage :(

Hito would be posting a ton on this :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If I remember correctly. The very first West Coast Warzone was when Art and Justin was still in EMP and they went out and destroyed West Coast. LI Joe was the only non EMP member.

If I remember correctly. The very first West Coast Warzone was when Art and Justin was still in EMP and they went out and destroyed West Coast. LI Joe was the only non EMP member.

That was Bar Fights II. The first west coast warzone it was Marn vs Valle in Grand Finals.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Been so long I don't even remember that.

I'll always remember first stream I've seen though because ya know. :)

I remember the first Sp00ky moment. Henaki or whatever posted his stream here. There's a little guy commanding all these guys bigger than him!

Been so long I don't even remember that.

I'll always remember first stream I've seen though because ya know. :)

I remember the first Sp00ky moment. Henaki or whatever posted his stream here. There's a little guy commanding all these guys bigger than him!

I also remember back in the days (I think it was like a week before SSF4), when Spooky used to stream some Zelda cartoons, good times.

Kumubou

I also remember back in the days (I think it was like a week before SSF4), when Spooky used to stream some Zelda cartoons, good times.
A week before SSF4 came out... he was streaming SSF4 in what is still one of the most absurd broadcasts ever. They played that shit for a week straight, from when it leaked to its actual release. Old Sp00ky streams were the best.

Kumubou

To add to that, Aigis can't even fatal off of her j.B or SB Goddess Shield, so those combos are strictly for when you block recovery counterhit moves.
Fixed. :x Stuff like this basically means you're never mashing on DP late in games because you're going to die if it doesn't hit. Damage in P4AU is high, but there's a difference between high and dead.

PK Gaming

Fixed. :x Stuff like this basically means you're never mashing on DP late in games because you're going to die if it doesn't hit. Damage in P4AU is high, but there's a difference between high and dead.

Oh, I know all about fatal recovery. It pretty much makes it so the combo situational (and flat out unrealistic against characters who don't have abusable fatal recovery moves). IE: Good Narukami's aren't going to throw out D/SB slide.

Kumubou

Oh, I know all about fatal recovery. It pretty much makes it so the combo situational (and flat out unrealistic against characters who don't have abusable fatal recovery moves). IE: Good Narukami's aren't going to throw out D/SB slide.
I do agree with you there: It's definitely situational, and it's not something you're going to see very often at all... but it'll be funny as all hell when it does happen.

Top Bottom