• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 1-7 | Opponent-Based Action Games Weekly

kirblar

Capcom Cup is the earliest we could expect a tease for the fighter, so I wouldn't get your hopes up on that front.

Fuck this animay talk because Capcom about to reveal a new game in Famitsu::

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=887564&page=100000#footer

VJ3 I believe!

Viewtiful Joe 3? Viewtiful Joe 3? Viewtiful Joe 3?

Or the expexted Viewtiful Joe 3 that it probably is?

oh shit son, Viewtiful Joe 3

FGW, you guys should do more playing and less talking about getting annoyed with character designs not appealing to the west.

LMAO playing video games in 2014

Dahbomb

I don't even know which property of Capcom even warrants a 32 page article on Famitsu. I don't realistically think it's DMC5 because no DMC game has gotten this big of a reveal (DMC4 got a big reveal on Famitsu before TGS but the game was already announced by then at E3).

I want to believe it's the mythical IP that Capcom isrumored to be reviving. I would bust a nut if its Dino Crisis 4.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Capcom Cup is the earliest we could expect a tease for the fighter, so I wouldn't get your hopes up on that front.

Word, been saying that for months. We won't see something FG-related until the end of this year which I think Capcom Cup might happen, please correct me if I'm wrong.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't even know which property of Capcom even warrants a 32 page article on Famitsu. I don't realistically think it's DMC5 because no DMC game has gotten this big of a reveal (DMC4 got a big reveal on Famitsu before TGS but the game was already announced by then at E3).

I want to believe it's the mythical IP that Capcom isrumored to be reviving. I would bust a nut if its Dino Crisis 4.
RE7, probably.

In fact it seems like they're announcing a new RE every fucking other month so why not one more this year.

Or Megaman w/a retrospective, but, y'know..

Isn't Famitsu coverage just a reflection of how much the publisher paid? Or is it only for review scores?

In any case, the best you're going to get would be DMC1 HD remake. I think after RE6, DmC, Remember Me, and whatever other stuff they put out last year, Capcom doesn't have confidence in making actual new games anymore.

MrDaravon

32 fucking pages???

Only thing I can think of that would be realistic would be RE7. Anything that long has got to include some kind of retrospective or something along those lines, and the only other Capcom series I can think of offhand that would warrant that would be Mega Man or Street Fighter. Mega Man is at LOL levels of happening, and I think it's way too soon for Street Fighter, they haven't even sold us a PS4/X1 version of Ultra yet if nothing else.

Roses are Reds
Violets are Blue
Western Heretic is back oh it's true
I ain't even mad at you, yes you
the one that snitch
at the end of the day I'm still me, Deckard Cain? Still a bitch
But I'm past that, for real did Flux win a major?
Oh shit I need to stop being a Flux hater
NAH yo Flux you STILL SUCK
He got all of lady luck
But at the end of the day ... NO ONE GIVES A FUCK

enzo make this next week's title

Dahbomb

RE7 announcement would be so dumb in light of Revelations 2.

Actually if you apply the rule of Capcpcom this would be in line with what Capcom might do which is cannabalize their own games.

That said I do not think this is RE7..It's more likely that it's a new Monster Hunter. Now that actually warrants a big article on Famitsu.

Lets try to be realistic about this, from most probable to least:

-32 mobile/iOS games
-Viewtiful Joe 3
-Resident Evil Reboot aka REboot
-Mega Man Legends 3
-That new fighting game Ono was talking about
-Battle Circuit 2: Dr. Saturn Strikes Back
-Final Fight Four
-Gokumakaimura: Desu Desu Edition
-DmC2: The Quest for more moneyhats
-Lost Planet reboot, cuz fuck it
-Bionic Commando ReArmed 2, pretend the real ReArmed 2 doesn't exist like DoDonPachi II and Strider II
-Darkstalkers, cuz LMAO this franchise is dead forever

Kumubou

FGW, you guys should do more playing and less talking about getting annoyed with character designs not appealing to the west.
Asking NeoGAF posters to play videogames? Good joke.

Honestly, I've been finding fighting games rather tedious to learn as of late. I think I just need to take a goddamn break.

Astarte

RE7 announcement would be so dumb in light of Revelations 2.

Actually if you apply the rule of Capcpcom this would be in line with what Capcom might do which is cannabalize their own games.

That said I do not think this is RE7..It's more likely that it's a new Monster Hunter. Now that actually warrants a big article on Famitsu.

A NEW Monster Hunter? Not even Capcom is that fucking stupid, not with MH4U.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A NEW Monster Hunter? Not even Capcom is that fucking stupid, not with MH4U.
MH has a good chance, especially if it's a home console port of 4U, which is almost guaranteed to be in the works. Franchise is big enough for that spread too, you can fit one or two PS2 models per page.

Honestly, I've been finding fighting games rather tedious to learn as of late. I think I just need to take a goddamn break.
I've been playing more games recently!

Started playing Dishonored and saw all of the Team Sp00ky skulls painted across the walls. Game made me nauseous though, had to take a break. Probably will reduce the head bob.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I'd donate you my willpower to you for a week since I wont be playing anything if I could :lol

Lets try to be realistic about this, from most probable to least:

-32 mobile/iOS games
-Viewtiful Joe 3
-Resident Evil Reboot aka REboot
-Mega Man Legends 3
-That new fighting game Ono was talking about
-Battle Circuit 2: Dr. Saturn Strikes Back
-Final Fight Four
-Gokumakaimura: Desu Desu Edition
-DmC2: The Quest for more moneyhats
-Lost Planet reboot, cuz fuck it
-Bionic Commando ReArmed 2, pretend the real ReArmed 2 doesn't exist like DoDonPachi II and Strider II
-Darkstalkers, cuz LMAO this franchise is dead forever
Mega Man Legends 3 preview, page 32: "Canceled".

Bwi9xLbCUAEQWrU.jpg

between Ramlethal and Elfeldt, xrd is shaping up nicely

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Roses are Reds
Violets are Blue
Western Heretic is back oh it's true
I ain't even mad at you, yes you
the one that snitch
at the end of the day I'm still me, Deckard Cain? Still a bitch
But I'm past that, for real did Flux win a major?
Oh shit I need to stop being a Flux hater
NAH yo Flux you STILL SUCK
He got all of lady luck
But at the end of the day ... NO ONE GIVES A FUCK

The hate is so strong. Congrats to Flux winning, although it might be difficult to be consistent with it.

Mega Man Legends 3 preview, page 32: "Canceled".

32 pages of concept art, apologies, and "if the game wasn't cancelled(which it is *bows*), this is what we would have done!" Ends with picture of Tron Bonne going on in rocket to rescue Mega Man from the moon, after she realizes she was in love with him after all.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
32 pages of concept art, apologies, and "if the game wasn't cancelled(which it is *bows*), this is what we would have done!" Ends with picture of Tron Bonne going on in rocket to rescue Mega Man from the moon, after she realizes she was in love with him after all.
While we're at it, it may as well be Niitsuma's EVO Panel and powerpoint spread across all of those pages.

Astarte

MH has a good chance, especially if it's a home console port of 4U, which is almost guaranteed to be in the works. Franchise is big enough for that spread too, you can fit one or two PS2 models per page.

Yeah, I guess a Wii U port of 4U makes a lot of sense. That would still be pretty disappointing though.

Well those two are their biggest franchises. Monster Hunter locally, RE internationally. Considering that it's famitsu, yeah it's probably a new monster hunter update for the new Nintendo handheld.

Edit: WiiU is dead in japan and Monster Hunter was always a mobile franchise. A WiiU Monster Hunter would probably not be as big as a new hand held one.

Horseress

OF COURSE, how could I not see it! It's obviously the marvel patch. They need 32 pages to go through the whole change log

Capcom only has a fraction of our brilliant insight, though, so 32 pages could work.

or maybe they're gonna decompress it, have you coming back next month to read more

"...and that should about cover all the Zero nerfs! Tune in next time as we explain why we removed Hidden Missiles from the game, and why Nittsuma says Thor may be 'the most powerful character in the game!"

Seyavesh

wow i seem to have a habit of making really retarded posts when sleep deprived

well whatever i stand by my retardation

also the best guess is probably monster hunter on console, right? or dragon's dogma 2/redux? those were massively popular in japan and i'd imagine famitsu would target that.

or dmc 5

believe

Village

or maybe they're gonna decompress it, have you coming back next month to read more

"...and that should about cover all the Zero nerfs! Tune in next time as we explain why we removed Hidden Missiles from the game, and why Nittsuma says Thor may be 'the most powerful character in the game!"

I feel like the would somehow Nerf zero Virgil and doom better. I don't know how

Can't be a new Monster Hunter; a Frontier expansion wouldn't take up 32 pages of content, they're not going to announce another mainline game with MH4G not even out, and MH Explore for mobile devices has been announced for weeks now.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
This page is making me hurt so bad. The dead dreams that live on as jokes...
By the way, whens mahvel?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can't be a new Monster Hunter; a Frontier expansion wouldn't take up 32 pages of content, they're not going to announce another mainline game with MH4G not even out, and MH Explore for mobile devices has been announced for weeks now.
Hmm, you're on to something here.

Can't be RE because of a recent announcement + feature.
Can't be MH because of scheduling issues.

That leaves one possibility..

LOST PLANET 4
#4TheGamers

I need to stop. I am getting way too excited. -_-

I just don't get why the new character is spawning discussion about lolis and otaku culture and people are assuming arc is selling out by creating her

Like is it the dress?? Her color scheme? What's the trigger that's setting people off here.

Personally she just seems like a Guilty Gear version of Virginia Maxwell from Wild Arms to me. Like I thought gunslinger girl in that type of dress was a long running trope or something

Your guess is as good as mine. I showed Elfedt's design to my mother, sister and another friend and all 3 of them like her. I guess according to some this would mean that they've now become basement dwellers who spend exorbitant amounts of money on anime themed physical merchandise.

Pretty much, pretty hilarious over all seeing how May has existed in the series since the start. Then the next version brought along Dizzy and Jam.

Not to mention Faust, Robo Ky, Zappa are all dorky as fuck.

Well it's either they also have beef with those characters as well or they are looking at a much different GG than we are.

Dahbomb

Hmm, you're on to something here.

Can't be RE because of a recent announcement + feature.
Can't be MH because of scheduling issues.

That leaves one possibility..

LOST PLANET 4
#4TheGamers

Barring a completely new IP or the revival of a dormant Capcom IP, I would actually say that DMC5/DmC2 become the most logical choices after RE and MH.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If it's MvC4 or a patch I'm not sure if I even have the appropriate GIFs stashed away. brb preparing contingency plan

Barring a completely new IP or the revival of a dormant Capcom IP, I would actually say that DMC5/DmC2 become the most logical choices after RE and MH.
I agree.

Sayah

I hope its a new vs fighting game. Nothing else will excite me. If its a new ip, it's going to be wait and see for me since it is Capcpom.

Unless its something that looks really really good like Deep Down I guess.

Top Bottom