• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 1-7 | Opponent-Based Action Games Weekly

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I was in the same boat man. I'm missing a bunch of teeth because mine were so long they started growing in to each other at the bottom and the pressure caused the tops of them to basically explode :(

When I got my wisdom teeth out they tried to do it without putting me under and he was reefing so hard on my teeth that he was yanking me out of the chair. Needless to say they decided I had to be put under and I had to come back a couple days later.
When they finally did take them out the assholes only did two of them instead of the 4 they were supposed to. They told my doctor that I said I only wanted two out. I suspect it was so much of a fucking hassle that they didn't want to do them all.

Ensure is actually pretty good stuff so thats not so bad.
Man that sounds horrible, I had the same issue with the yanking until I told him my neck was weak and he got an assistant to hold me steady

OceanBlue

It's hard to find matches now in UNIEL because of Persona. Anime community, when will you break the cycle? :/

Danganronpa 2 is killing fighting games (and sleep) for me lol. I don't play online much but I hope people still play UNIEL. I've been practicing P4U2 stuff so I can play with some local people who want to play, but I still want to play UNIEL. :(

Beckx

I got a similar charger for DSi and DSLite that allowed both to be published in vertically ad the same time. Cool design and much better use of space.

Yeah, I got a third party vertical charger for the original 3DS from monoprice but it was awful, never made contact with the charging poles. But, the silver lining was that it came with a USB charging cord, which I now use to charge my 3DS with my phone's backup battery pack when I'm traveling.

Rhapsody

Banned
Danganronpa 2 is killing fighting games (and sleep) for me lol. I don't play online much but I hope people still play UNIEL. I've been practicing P4U2 stuff so I can play with some local people who want to play, but I still want to play UNIEL. :(

Same. DR2 is my excuse for not playing. Played some ranked matches in UNI today, but got bored by the repetition of the same players. Messed around with some BB today, but I might just go back to DR2 in a bit.

I'm just killing time for the US release of P4AU at this point.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Still get matches in UNIEL just mostly between 6pmPST-11pmPST after that it's nothing but 0 bar eu/japanese players. My only problem is the lack of west coast players cause now it just seems like I'm just playing midwest/east players.

I'm somehow still having decent connections to them though since I got 3 bars to wolfkrone once and 2 bar to Art which I got to beat with my fraudulent gor on stream from all the way down in socal :p.

Player match lobbies are dead as hell though, besides 1 or 2 occasional ones

Anne

The one thing I appreciate about UNiEL is that it forces even the lowest skill level to actually try blocking lmao. In P4U2 I rarely get randoms who even attempt to block.

Shouta

They talked about who would pick up Nemo up on the stream, sheesh. Get that shit figured out earlier if you're going to invite a guest. >=|

Maybe I should've gone to help Nemo out.

El Sloth

Banned
Heads up to dudes in SoCal, looks like Mike Z is organizing a BYOC thing tomorrow at UGC:

Make friends, not war! Support an all-inclusive FGC.

A one-time thing for those who want to play games not included at West Coast Warzone, because WCW doesn't have a BYOC (bring your own console) room.
I can't in good conscience support such a decision as the future of the FGC. We should never become that eSports.

$5 (I told got it was $5, so I hope that's true!) for all day, $5 per tournament.
Bring your own consoles! Play lots of other stuff on the huge number of TVs and consoles they already have!

3PM till whenever, tournaments probably starting around 5PM.

Skullgirls - PS3
GGAC+R - PS3
Vampire - arcade board, supports PS3 and 360, starting whenever Rob wants
MvC2 - Dreamcast, I hope! I'll bring mine.

If we get enough entrants for other games we can run other games as well. There will be a stream all day, so at least top 4 of everything will be streamed
, hopefully much more. It's kinda short notice.

http://skullgirls.com/forums/index....gac-r-vampire-and-mvc2-panorama-city-ca.5151/

Bolded are just the games they will be having tournaments for. SSIV and Marvel 3 will more than likely be there too (I mean, assuming people who want to play them bring a copy of the game and a 360). Cool that they'll also be streaming the tournaments.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah seems kind of judgmental to criticize the decision without knowing the reasoning for it.

but hey more people playing Guilty Gear

petghost

Banned

same here. im liking it quite a lot although the some of trial mechanics are still pretty lame.

Kumubou

It's not like the game did well at home or arcades.
Will they expand on it.
I'm not sure they're going to even get the chance, especially if their next game is a remake/sequel of Melty Blood as has been rumored. It would go along with the Tsukihime remake Type-Moon is doing, so it should be out in 2020 or so.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm not sure they're going to even get the chance, especially if their next game is a remake/sequel of Melty Blood as has been rumored. It would go along with the Tsukihime remake Type-Moon is doing, so it should be out in 2020 or so.

I'm still waiting on that HD Melty...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
They talked about who would pick up Nemo up on the stream, sheesh. Get that shit figured out earlier if you're going to invite a guest. >=|

Maybe I should've gone to help Nemo out.
Shouta is the guest pick up master, he was already standing where I got off the plane at!

Beats

For anyone that doesn't read the Smash thread, Smashboard user Zipzo is posting gameplay and character impressions from an event in Japan. It's apparently the release build too. Alistair Roo compiled what was posted so far.

jbug617

Banned
TTT2 still alive. I hope it's at EVO 2015.
I'm looking forward to the final product they produce. Will be nice to see the breakdown of the matches.

There is speculation that Harada or Michael Murray are attending so they might get some Tekken 7 news and it would be exclusive only to the people who attended the event.

Sayah

There is speculation that Harada or Michael Murray are attending so they might get some Tekken 7 news and it would be exclusive only to the people who attended the event.

I hope they're attending. Harada one of the best devs out there. He'll fight with the company execs to get what he wants. And at this EVO, he really showed commitment to the Tekken scene like I haven't seen devs do before for their communities.

Also, what are the opinions of people on how Bronson is handling this event?

For those that don't know, there won't be a stream for StrongStyle. Instead, his aim is to have every single match recorded and analyzed with post-player interviews. He wants a more "refined" product.

I think he has a point. People often miss out on a lot of important pool matches when the stream can only show a limited amount of content (i.e. Diago getting kicked out in USFIV this EVO). Will be interesting to see how this all works out.

Personally, for me, I'm not heavy into spectating but I'll still watch StrongStyle simply due to the effort put into it.

El Sloth

Banned
For anyone that doesn't read the Smash thread, Smashboard user Zipzo is posting gameplay and character impressions from an event in Japan. It's apparently the release build too. Alistair Roo compiled what was posted so far.
"- Lucina is not playable."

RIP Azure J

Don't remember if it was him or Prodigy that was looking forward to her

Glad to hear Robin is looking good

Thores

Paging anyone that was involved with the setup for UFGT in Chicago this year:

Is there any info about "Combo Breaker 2015" yet? Chiefly, is it still taking place in late May?

I was just thinking how if it theoretically took place the same time UFGT did this year, it could be a really exciting tournament. It'll be one of the first majors after MKX comes out, and Killer Instinct S2 will be recently finished by then, assuming no delays. As a Chicago resident I'd be all kinds of pumped.

Xevren

I hope they're attending. Harada one of the best devs out there. He'll fight with the company execs to get what he wants. And at this EVO, he really showed commitment to the Tekken scene like I haven't seen devs do before for their communities.

Also, what are the opinions of people on how Bronson is handling this event?

For those that don't know, there won't be a stream for StrongStyle. Instead, his aim is to have every single match recorded and analyzed with post-player interviews. He wants a more "refined" product.

I think he has a point. People often miss out on a lot of important pool matches when the stream can only show a limited amount of content (i.e. Diago getting kicked out in USFIV this EVO). Will be interesting to see how this all works out.

Personally, for me, I'm not heavy into spectating but I'll still watch StrongStyle simply due to the effort put into it.

ATP live last week had a guest (cant even remember his name right now) who also is involved with Strongstyle and made it sound like it wouldn't have happened with a stream regardless due to how much it would have cost for the internet possibly. So I really don't blame them, I mean yeah it sucks as a Tekken fan that the biggest Tekken event is happening and no stream will be there but at least it's happening for the players.

Uraizen

Banned
I'm still waiting on that HD Melty...

Make another game the fans have to beg for, lol.

---

I swear, every time I see streamers playing P4U they say "God, I hate this game" and just continue to play. Stop it if you hate it, gosh. It's not like you're hosting a tourney.

Sayah

"- Lucina is not playable."

RIP Azure J

Don't remember if it was him or Prodigy that was looking forward to her

Glad to hear Robin is looking good

Not playable could just mean Lucina had to be unlocked and they didn't have access to her.

ATP live last week had a guest (cant even remember his name right now) who also is involved with Strongstyle and made it sound like it wouldn't have happened with a stream regardless due to how much it would have cost for the internet possibly. So I really don't blame them, I mean yeah it sucks as a Tekken fan that the biggest Tekken event is happening and no stream will be there but at least it's happening for the players.

Hmmmm....I wonder if the venue owners could provide internet service?
For tournaments held at Universities, does the University allow use of their internet? Just wondering since most colleges have pretty blazing fast internet already there for student use.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Make another game the fans have to beg for, lol.

---

I swear, every time I see streamers playing P4U they say "God, I hate this game" and just continue to play. Stop it if you hate it, gosh. It's not like you're hosting a tourney.
The fail aspect of anime fgc they just play whats new even if they hate it

Not every one obviously

El Sloth

Banned
Maybe Persona really is the Marvel 3 equivalent for the anime community. The hate-love relationship is practically the same!
Not playable could just mean Lucina had to be unlocked and they didn't have access to her.
I choose to believe in the funnier interpretation!

Top Bottom