• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 1-7 | Opponent-Based Action Games Weekly

Azure J

"- Lucina is not playable."

RIP Azure J

Don't remember if it was him or Prodigy that was looking forward to her

Glad to hear Robin is looking good

It's Prodigy, I prefer the Marf.

Speaking of Smash, no dash dancing confirmed... :(

Shield canceled dashes are in though.

alstein

Make another game the fans have to beg for, lol.

---

I swear, every time I see streamers playing P4U they say "God, I hate this game" and just continue to play. Stop it if you hate it, gosh. It's not like you're hosting a tourney.

I'm wondering hard why people haven't dropped it for UNIEL. People seem to like UNIEL. I wonder if some of the reason the games get dropped so fast is because they get broken so quickly in many cases.

Azure J

There's no such thing as "too many sword normals".

Shit, if I made a fighting game, everyone would have a sword on some Last Blade shit.

Bunch of gameplay impressions and the rest of the thread latches on to the last line about some alts

Hey man, the content is a pretty powerful draw for people.

Sayah

I'm glad Peach's forward B got buffed. :)

I wonder if she still pulls out swords and bom-ombs on occasion when taking out turnips.

Anne

What exactly happened there?

Where? j.C? It's huge and fast and has a hitbox on both sides. Like, early on anything like that is a pain, but sometimes you just have to take a tool like that at face value. If your character can't reliably handle it, Adachi in neutral will be a pain. Like with Aigis, I can't 2B it at all unless I throw it out before the guy even jumps, and it stops low j.C and j.B. It can directly challenge Aigis' j.C, which is absolutely insane. I can directly challenge it with j.A and I can try to move around it, but it really limits my screen presence since I have to constantly worry about it.

Sayad

Capcom Pro Tour Asia (Taiwan) is happening. Gamerbee, Xian and Daigo are attending with Zhi on the mic

http://t.co/ccnrk8vPPZ
Haven't seen a more annoying commentary in years!
9ovvu0I.gif

Daigo v a local Hakan (Willy) in winner's finals of the Capcom Asia PT Taiwan stop.

Big match, winner automatically gets a spot in Asia finals since they're sending 2 players from each qualifier.

Now that I think about it since the Asia finals is a premiere event everybody who qualifies automatically gets more points for just showing up since their will only be 8 competitors.

kirblar

Big match, winner automatically gets a spot in Asia finals since they're sending 2 players from each qualifier.

Now that I think about it since the Asia finals is a premiere event everybody who qualifies automatically gets more points for just showing up since their will only be 8 competitors.
Pretty sure this is by design, trying to balance against the insane number of events in the US relative to other regions. They probably need region-locked slots in the future or something.

Sayad

Sad to see Human Bomb lose, love watching high level Poison play, then again, he'll probably just keep using his Sakura against everyone else if he won. ;p

I'm not enjoying the commentary either but it's not all his fault. Xian is busy concentrating on his matches and for some reason the RZR people won't let Zhi commentate. He's being forced to stick it out alone.

I hope they're more lenient with letting other people commentate during Asia finals because I don't think anybody(including Cameraman himself) wants to go through this again.

kirblar

I'm not enjoying the commentary either but it's not all his fault. Xian is busy concentrating on his matches and for some reason the RZR people won't let Zhi commentate. He's being forced to stick it out alone.

I hope they're more lenient with letting other people commentate during Asia finals because I don't think anybody(including Cameraman himself) wants to go through this again.
Pretty sure the RZR thing is a troll and Zhi is just sick.

edit: Oh, they literally just want Cameraman/Xian only on commentary? Sounds like the restrictions SuperArcade has.

I don't think they would have stuck around even if it did do Wii numbers. Remember that while the Wii sold a ton of hardware, the general trend was for third party games to underperform. The difference being that it was at least possible for a third-party Wii game to do very well, like Guitar Hero or Just Dance.

Most third-party games on Wii underperformed because they were steaming piles of horseshit. Or weird "test" games because ???. RE4 sells well on Wii => Hey buy 2-3 of these odd test games that are nothing like actual RE so we might deign to make you a game. Maybe. Or Castlevania The Fighting Game and Soul Calibur The Adventure Game because ???

Or the minigame collections? Most lacked the most basic respect for their customers, because 3rd party devs looked at Wii from the old reference point according to which Wii is stagnant or even backwards, same with the simpler games they preferred. Logical conclusion => They're idiots, so we need to treat them as such. Logical result of that is crap, sloppy games that crashed and burned.

The devs didn't realize that their customers were some of the most hard to get in the business - people who didn't have to play games. They'll play your stuff if it's fun. If it's not they'll just drop it like a rock, unlike most of us who'll keep playing something until hell freezes over.

A couple of long posts on the subject if anyone happens to be interested:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=109681366&highlight=#post109681366
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=109693198&highlight=#post109693198

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=109705666&highlight=#post109705666

Top Bottom