• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 15-21 | Mewwho?

Sayah

If Tekken 7 is cross Gen, it won't matter. PS3/360 versions will have to be separately downported. The quality of PS4 version should remain uncompromised. Sort of like how the Wii got ugly downports of otherwise beautiful ps3/360 games.

Same can't be said for MKX unfortunately since its using UE3 across the board. Game still looks good regardless.

Dahbomb

Boooooo. All you sour people ruining my hype for Tekken 7. First people complain incessantly about there being too many characters and how hard it is to learn Tekken with all these match ups. And now that they're reducing that number, people have the impression this will be Tekken 6 with 2 or 3 new characters. Early impressions much?

Also, I have high reason to believe Anna will be there. They're finishing up the Mishima story arc and I can only imagine they want to do the same with Williams. That's pretty much the second major story arc after the mishima story line.
What do YOU think is going to happen?

You think they are going to add in 12 new characters and retain all the previous ones? Or rework the roster ala SF3?

Also this is talk about the initial version, I am sure there will be a few expansions along the way. T7 might start with 36 characters and then expand to 46 via DLC/expansions. Hell look at where SF4 is now, the roster size is over 40 now!

I've never played Gotcha Force and based on the Internet hype train it's something I need to fix. Used copies so expensive nowadays...

Gotcha Force is amazing and if Capcom were actually smart they would bring make Gotcha Force 2 with those NFC toys like Amiibos and Skylanders/Infinity figures

But they never will because they don't want all of my money

NEO0MJ

I've never played Gotcha Force and based on the Internet hype train it's something I need to fix. Used copies so expensive nowadays...

Game is amazing. I should have bought a back-up as my disc is pretty scratched now.

Gotcha Force is amazing and if Capcom were actually smart they would bring make Gotcha Force 2 with those NFC toys like Amiibos and Skylanders/Infinity figures

Too bad the original team is now with Namco and works on Gundam.

Infinite

This is basically what Gaist Crusher is now and that didn't set the world on fire.

Sayah

What do YOU think is going to happen?

You think they are going to add in 12 new characters and retain all the previous ones?
Of course, they're not going to retain all the previous ones. That's already clear. By the time we get a console release, we should have at least 5 new characters (same as Tekken 6), which is sufficient.

As far as gameplay, Harada already mentioned he's changing the wakeup system among other things. TTT2 already evolved the mechanics of the current system to the utmost extreme. They can't top that and will need to change things up.

Then again, Tekken 6 is already an extremely deep game and I won't be upset if they stick with that formula. I want to return to 1v1 matches and Tekken 7 will be a good start for doing that.

Dahbomb

So you are expecting the exact same things I am expecting.

Note that I personally don't think characters like Armor King/Anna will get axed... I just think that they are more likely than someone like Lars or Jin (hell even two Jins). A character like Jinpachi I have no clue will be in or not. Most from T6 will be in I would imagine.

.la1n

If they have around 20 for the first location test I'd wager most of those are returning characters. I'd imagine most of the big favorites are back. I hope they at least age the characters some.

alstein

T7 being another version of the current formula is sad for me. Tekken is a franchise badly in need of a rethink.

They've said they're rethinking some things.

First thing I want from Tekken 7 is a PC version so I can play it (I'm not buying a PS4 or XB1 unless they drop the online sub fees, that's not happening so I'm not buying). I'll be ok if I don't play the game, but I want to.

All I want rosterwise is Asuka with the same sexy as hell voice, and lots of fanservicey outfits to put her in.

Shouta

T7 test being soon doesn't mean they haven't spent time trying new things. Actually, considering it's only going to be at 50% graphical power, they probably been working on it for a bit.

JeTmAn81

I wish there was a way to turn off items in the Smash demo. The more I play and try to home my tactics the more I realize why hardcore Smashers turn them off. They introduce way too much random chance to the contest.

Also, I think four player Smash, especially with items, is a party game and not a fighting game. But one on one Smash is definitely a fighting game.

Sorry I haven't replied to a lot of the baby comments, I'm waiting to get on a desktop so I can quote them all.

Horseress

I wish there was a way to turn off items in the Smash demo. The more I play and try to home my tactics the more I realize why hardcore Smashers turn them off. They introduce way too much random chance to the contest.

You can, press X before selecting the stage

Beckx

Press x to turn the stage to final destination mode, that turns items off.

I still wish the Omega stages were like Project M versions of stages rather than 24/7 FD. It would have let Sakurai go a little more party mode with stages.

Pipe dream is that future DLC adds Alpha versions of stages which are all Battlefield variants which is probably the closest thing that doesn't take ridiculous amounts of effort to pull off.

Also, I think four player Smash, especially with items, is a party game and not a fighting game. But one on one Smash is definitely a fighting game.

Sorry I haven't replied to a lot of the baby comments, I'm waiting to get on a desktop so I can quote them all.

During the stage select, hit "X". It should swap Battlefield to its Final Destination form, and it turns off items as well. :)

And Mischief Makers! Lets not forget about Ikaruga, either.
Gunstar Heroes and Mischief Makers were so good...

Horseress

I hope Smash TO's use the online format in tourneys: 2 stocks/5 minutes. But in a 3/5 format, similar to Injustice, where you have 2 life-bars instead of rounds, kinda like how stocks work in smash

Wishlist for Tekken 7:
Smaller roster.
Actual art direction/character.
No custom costumes. I don't want to see Kuma with a fucking Lincoln wig ever again. I don't want to see every damn character on a Korean stream have Evil Ryu particle effects. Free customs are cancer, and should be treated as such.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I am a custom costume advocate
cLvAFQQ.jpg

Malice215

I'm not expecting much to change with Tekken 7 gameplay wise. I just want to see how the game looks so far.

Customs are fine. Blame the people who have no fashion sense and make ugly customs, not the game.

Custom outfits are fine. I think it would make everyone happy if there's a toggle for customs viewable, so it only affects you if you choose to see them.

alstein

Better yet- allow folks to bind a button, or have a set button that allows you to disable costume mods during the loading screen.

Maybe remember the ID of the last 5 or 10 folks you did this to so in long sets you don't have to do it every time.

ShinMaruku

YOU are the reason why Namco is focusing efforts on a waifu simulator... :/

Is that a bad thing?
I think regardless of effort Tekken's issues will forever remain it's issues without a reboot. But nobody wants that. So things are fine as they are.

alstein

Is that a bad thing?
I think regardless of effort Tekken's issues will forever remain it's issues without a reboot. But nobody wants that. So things are fine as they are.

If Namco can't solve Tekken's issues, they should do a new IP fighter to solve those issues and just let Tekken be Tekken until it dies out.

This is what new IPs are for.

El Sloth

Banned
Saw some people talking about having trouble finding the thread, but too lazy to find the posts to quote: just subscribe to the thread. Subscribed threads are always in the same place, right in the top bar. If you're too lazy to manually subscribe every time, then just set it to automatically subscribe to any thread you post in.

Top Bottom