• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 15-21 | Mewwho?

.la1n

Custom outfits are fine. I think it would make everyone happy if there's a toggle for customs viewable, so it only affects you if you choose to see them.

Yes. A thousand times yes. Use whatever ridiculous customized accessories, skins, or costumes you want but give me the option to not have to see them.

ShinMaruku

If Namco can't solve Tekken's issues, they should do a new IP fighter to solve those issues and just let Tekken be Tekken until it dies out.

This is what new IPs are for.

People are leery of new IPs also the Tekken team wants to have it's cake and eat it.

I hate the wild Custom outfits, especially the wings, glowing auras, huge beads, scuba masks. Items that obscure what is going on. neon colors. Fuck em.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";130141370]Played some tvc yesterday. Man that game is ugly and fuck ptx. Karas is fun though.[/QUOTE]
polimar is the way

Rhapsody

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";130141370]Played some tvc yesterday. Man that game is ugly and fuck ptx. Karas is fun though.[/QUOTE]

Play it on a CRT.

And it's only natural to hate PTX when you love Karas.

I love custom outfits and characters like in SC5. I wish every game had that.

---But definitely include the option to turn them off so people can't troll with it.

I hate in SC5 that the clothes break off and people are fighting around in undergarments. I wish they just took damage and got tattered or something, or just actual armor pieces broke off, not shirts and pants.

Saw some people talking about having trouble finding the thread, but too lazy to find the posts to quote: just subscribe to the thread. Subscribed threads are always in the same place, right in the top bar. If you're too lazy to manually subscribe every time, then just set it to automatically subscribe to any thread you post in.

There are people who are too lazy to move their mouse up to the top of the page just to GET TO the Subs page.

It's a lost cause, Sloth-chan.

Astarte

Wishlist for Tekken 7:
Smaller roster.
Actual art direction/character.
No custom costumes. I don't want to see Kuma with a fucking Lincoln wig ever again. I don't want to see every damn character on a Korean stream have Evil Ryu particle effects. Free customs are cancer, and should be treated as such.

Custom outfits are really fun though. A toggle for people who hate them would be a nice option though, especially if some of the outfits are obnoxiously neon.

Marz

Are you blind? Game is gorgeous.

Malice215

I hate in SC5 that the clothes break off and people are fighting around in undergarments. I wish they just took damage and got tattered or something, or just actual armor pieces broke off, not shirts and pants.

With the standard models only a couple of pieces will break off if you hit the character with a specific move/throw at the end of a round. Custom outfits will break off more, but at least it's not like in SC4 where everything would explode off a custom character during a match.

I wouldn't mind seeing this system go away and or add a filter to ban customs because online people do abuse the customization system.

Beckx

Tekkaman was my favorite in that game.

I wish my laptop was good enough to run Dolphin. Can't even run Viewtiful Joe right.

And TvC is one of the problem children of Dolphin. If you get it running smoothly it's glorious though.

BTW all these non-Gatchaman character choices are objectively wrong.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
blCLmJp.jpg

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
So after this weekend my buddy and VF sparring partner is moving away. The other people at my fight night who are interested in VF aren't as good, and show up infrequently. I guess I've been privileged to be able to play the game at a (excuse me for saying) high level offline for so long, and in the middle of nowhere, to boot. So what now?

I feel guilty for saying that I'm not sure I'll have the patience to teach people how to play VF correctly, although that makes me a terrible boon for the game and its community. But if the alternative is to become an online warrior...

Man. this sucks.

Zubz

Banned
Eh, Nintendo's actually trying with DLC these days, so I still feel Mewtwo, as well as numerous others people wanted/expected, will get in eventually, trophies of these characters be damned (IIRC, Snake's the only Brawl veteran without one, and numerous potential newcomers have them as well, so unless we're only getting 3rd Party/Advance Wars reps, they're irrelevant to DLC). It's just a matter of when... It sucks being impatient.

Also, I'm very glad to hear that the game's actually competitively viable. It actually looks fun to watch, like Melee and unlike Brawl, and the fighting looks complex; I even think I saw some combos going, and this is just the portable version! We just need a stage hazard toggle in the Wii U version and we should be golden. Either way, though, it feels like Smash truly belongs here again.

Melee - 4 stock standard
Brawl - 3 stock standard
Sm4sh - 2 stock standard
Sma5h - 1 stock standard
Smash 6 - 0 stocks, winner determined by PVP board the platforms

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Custom costumes are fine, I just don't think Namco is good at making a variety of good looking parts or at least proper primitives/basic parts. Not a jab at Namco necessarily (they also went to lengths to improve the actual customization tools this gen), most games that attempt to offer vast customization never reach that bar where it doesn't feel half assed for me.

*goes back to dreaming about fighting games with bigger budgets*

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The bigger stages and blast zones + people not having kill setups is getting me on the early play through.

On a bit of a tangent, random custom move unlocks, holy shit why?

Sounds even dumber than regular character unlocks. Is there a way to share saves on Wii U?

Azure J

I still wish the Omega stages were like Project M versions of stages rather than 24/7 FD. It would have let Sakurai go a little more party mode with stages.

Pipe dream is that future DLC adds Alpha versions of stages which are all Battlefield variants which is probably the closest thing that doesn't take ridiculous amounts of effort to pull off.

I always felt like a "best of" selection of formations that were the Smash series' best neutrals/counter picks would be a cool way to give variation for all the different players.

Alpha: Battlefield
Beta: Yoshi's Story Melee
Sigma: Smashville Brawl
Gamma: Kirby's Dreamland 64
Omega: Final Destination

I'd play the fuck out of a Super Mario Galaxy stage with Yoshi's Story stage design. :p

Infinite

The bigger stages and blast zones + people not having kill setups is getting me on the early play through.

You think people will figure it out once they get better control over their characters or this game is gonna end up being slug fests on the stage?

Top Bottom