• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 15-21 | Mewwho?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Just curious but why is Zhi so upset? Why did sp00ky put him in check earlier?

Just curious but why is Zhi so upset? Why did sp00ky put him in check earlier?

Zhi was upset that Daigo and Nemo didn't do a FT7 match. It had to be cut short to FT5. FT7 is usually what they do in Topanga League.

Spooky was upset that some of the matches he wanted to see on stream/mainstage weren't there because the JP staff made all the decisions.

petghost

Banned
yo i know this madcatz stream is rad but i really hope someone uploads some of these Xrd matches from the sony stage. really exciting matches/FAB being FAB/ japanese screaming guy.

also lots of high level play of elph and sin by pachi... elph gonna have some side to side mixup shenanigans and sin just looks overall really solid/good.

If I could only make one request to Capcom, it's to never allow Fuerte and Viper back in another mainline SF game ever again.

Viper, maybe.

But I've never felt Fuerte is a dumb character above the basic level of play. Once people know what to do, you are playing a guessing game where the opponent always has more options and can always do more damage.

Unless you play like this... which to me is amazing.

Village

If I could only make one request to Capcom, it's to never allow Fuerte and Viper back in another mainline SF game ever again.

Viper needs to be retroactively fitted into old street fighter

Viper is da best.

also if any two characters are being brought int o sf5 is juri and viper.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Zhi was upset that Daigo and Nemo didn't do a FT7 match. It had to be cut short to FT5. FT7 is usually what they do in Topanga League.

Spooky was upset that some of the matches he wanted to see on stream/mainstage weren't there because the JP staff made all the decisions.

Thanks for the explanation guys :)

yo i know this madcatz stream is rad but i really hope someone uploads some of these Xrd matches from the sony stage. really exciting matches/FAB being FAB/ japanese screaming guy.

I concur 100% with this. And hopefully in HD 1080p

kirblar

Viper, maybe.

But I've never felt Fuerte is a dumb character above the basic level of play. Once people know what to do, you are playing a guessing game where the opponent always has more options and can always do more damage.

Agree. Fuerte/Abel are both great characters. Viper/Rufus can go away.

Liked the adaptation moving to Fajita Buster to punish the focuses.

alstein

Viper needs to be retroactively fitted into old street fighter

Viper is da best.

also if any two characters are being brought int o sf5 is juri and viper.

I think Abel has as much of a chance as Viper if not more. He did make it into SFxTK.

Fuerte is just gimmicky and not fun to play against.

Rufus is a quite solid design also, I think he has a chance as well.

Hakan no chance unfortunately.

Viper, maybe.

The Fuerte match is the only match where I feel like I'm not playing SF. I hate Viper because she has some stupid good and abusable stuff. Fuerte on the other hand just turns the match into a random buttons fest. Just do stuff and hope it works out.

BTW, I thought that Rufus/Fuerte match up was a lot of fun to watch. I still hate the character though.

Ex qbomb as a move is probably too good. It's only balanced by the fact that most fuerte players are fundamentally terrible and use it at random.

vulva

I could definitely see the EX version getting less pushback on block in a future version. It's punishable, but you have to know what to do on reaction.

It's -17 and frankly anyone who thinks of the attack as a problem should know their punish for it.

Top Bottom