• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: CEO & Dreamhack Summer [CPT Premier] [06/16/17-06/19/17]

HardRojo

Laura just doing what Laura does, no surprises there, really. Don't know why people were writing her off with this update.

HardRojo

So I guess Daigo lost?

Yes, he got Laura'd. I like how he's using Guile's sweep as an antiair lol, that was funny.
Laura was doing Laura things, but let's not pretend Daigo wasn't fucking up the whole damn time too.
He fucked up by wasting too much V meter, no comeback factor for him, whereas Laura was free to do what she wanted in the last 2 games. He didn't challenge the st.MK properly, and when he did he got baited and ate those CC.

Yes, he got Laura'd. I like how he's using Guile's sweep as an antiair lol, that was funny.

He fucked up by wasting too much V meter, no comeback factor for him, whereas Laura was free to do what she wanted in the last 2 games. He didn't challenge the st.MK properly, and when he did he got baited and ate those CC.

Hell, dude was just pressing buttons a few times and got CCd in general. Daigo played like shit. Maybe it's time to just struggle with Ryu.

Hell, dude was just pressing buttons a few times and got CCd in general. Daigo played like shit. Maybe it's time to just struggle with Ryu.

To be honest, I just don't see Daigo doing well in Street Fighter V's lifetime unless something changes fundamentally with the game. His preferred footsie, hit-confirm and reaction based style of play leads to him getting fucked more often than not.

Also doesn't help that he's just not playing up to his usual standard.

To be honest, I just don't see Daigo doing well in Street Fighter V's lifetime unless something changes fundamentally with the game. His preferred footsie, hit-confirm and reaction based style of play leads to him getting fucked more often than not.

Also doesn't help that he's just not playing up to his usual standard.

Guile is pretty much how his preferred style. Honestly I think he just wants to go back to Ryu.

Ninjimbo

Mena sounds like a scumbag. Glad he lost.

Also, Japanese players don't seem to know that Laura is susceptible to neutral jumps. Just roll the dice and do a few neutral hops.

Syntsui

I'm surprised Punk didn't change to stick earlier, even more surprised how well he was doing with a shitty DS4. That controller is awfull for Karin, those small buttons and the triggers are way too dangerous for this character's archetype.

I'm surprised Punk didn't change to stick earlier, even more surprised how well he was doing with a shitty DS4. That controller is awfull for Karin, those small buttons and the triggers are way too dangerous for this character's archetype.
I'm not a Karin player granted, but I use DS4 and have had no problems with the execution in this game. Only thing I can't do consistently is just-frame orochi with Karin, even just-frame Tenkos aren't a problem.

Syntsui

Not a Karin player granted, but I use DS4 and have had no problems with the execution in this game.

Only thing I can't do consistently is just-frame orochi with Karin, even just-frame Tenkos aren't a problem.

I don't really have a problem using Cammy, but trying Karin was very challenging considering how small the frames are for her combos. As you said, specially Orochis. If the buttons were a bit bigger and the trigger was tap button, it would be much easier.

HardRojo

Punk got too greedy and didn't go for that super. Should've gone for it as that would've conditioned XSK since he would've had barely any life left.

I don't really have a problem using Cammy, but trying Karin was very challenging considering how small the frames are for her combos. As you said, specially Orochis. If the buttons were a bit bigger and the trigger was tap button, it would be much easier.

You can just change the button layout especially for Karin. A lot of players have different layouts for different character (maybe not so much in this game but other games do)

Top Bottom