• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: CEO & Dreamhack Summer [CPT Premier] [06/16/17-06/19/17]

Lanrutcon

Man, I don't play Injustice...but it looks like some characters do massive damage, and then other characters need like a 5 minute martial arts exhibition to only do like half the damage.

Syntsui

While I think it should be easier to play Karin on a stick, Punk already has her completely mastered with a pad. There is absolutely zero gain changing the controller considering his performance. I wonder why he even bothered (no it wasn't to entertain Dahbomb).

Tripon

While I think it should be easier to play Karin on a stick, Punk already has her completely mastered with a pad. There is absolutely zero gain changing the controller considering his performance. I wonder why he even bothered (no it wasn't to entertaing Dahbomb).

Honestly, I think it's because Bonchan uses a stick. Dude's a huge fan of Bonchan.

MrCarter

There's a difference between being objective and being a stan. You have to be delusional if you think that Champ is a garbage player lmao.

He's a decent player but it's his whiny, salty and aggressive personality that I can't stand. I still don't think he's in the same league as Tokido or Daigo as a SF player overall but each to thier own I guess.

While I think it should be easier to play Karin on a stick, Punk already has her completely mastered with a pad. There is absolutely zero gain changing the controller considering his performance. I wonder why he even bothered (no it wasn't to entertain Dahbomb).

Probably more comfortable with pad, and helps muscle memory.

Well long term I think stick will be easier on the hands. I remember giving my thumb blisters and my hands getting sore in general from hours of play. If that's not a problem then keep rocking the pad. But since this is Punk we're talking about. I think there is a chance he's more showboating rather than entertaining the idea of switching to a new controller.

myco666

You need to watch more matches, then. F.Champ was one of the best players in the US to consistently beat Daigo, but started playing less because he was concentrating on UMvC3.

No wonder I didn't see him that much as I started watching after UMvC3 had come out. Always associated FChamp with Marvel instead of SF.

Fchump the same player who has beaten Daigo, Tokido and Jwong in a SFV tournament? lol stop it

I would think someone so in love with Street Fighter V would want a player like Filipino Champ to win. His success gives more proof that the game is not only diverse in terms of character balance but also in methods of gameplay.

But I guess that thread of mine got under people's skin.

Can't make blanket, empty statements about Street Fighter V gameplay being good if someone who knows what they're talking about reveals that its actually trashy.

Doomshine

Could someone share the full Top 8 for Tekken (with characters)? Dropped in a bit late

W
JDCR (Dragunov/Heihachi)
Speedkicks (Hwoarang)
Saint (Jack)
Anakin (Jack)

L
Rip (Law)
NYCFab (Feng/Miguel)
Pokchop (Josie)
Fuko (Jack/Bob)

Something like that. Characters might change, Jack players seem to not like the mirror match.

Tripon

Prepare for delays tomorrow. Smash 4 starts off the day at 10AM EST, and they only have two hours to play tomorrow. Then it's Pokken top 16, and they have only two hours to play until Tekken top 8.

OquQzeu.png

DCjvtiIUQAAu8ko.jpg

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Prepare for delays tomorrow. Smash 4 starts off the day at 10AM EST, and they only have two hours to play tomorrow. Then it's Pokken top 16, and they have only two hours to play until Tekken top 8.

OquQzeu.png

Oh good, I was hoping I might get to see my first full top 8 since I started watching SFV a year and a half ago. Now I don't have to hope.

.la1n

At least they are staggering streams. Only morons plan to have one stream to run on time with smash and pokken involved.

I would think someone so in love with Street Fighter V would want a player like Filipino Champ to win. His success gives more proof that the game is not only diverse in terms of character balance but also in methods of gameplay.

Here's top 8 tomorrow:

1 Chun Li
1.5 Akuma
1 Zangief
1 Cammy
1 Rashid
1 Karin
1 Balrog
0.5 Mika
0.5 Guile

Only 1 "semi" repeat.

Looks pretty diverse to me.

Check out that garbage character Chun Li in winners side.

Horrible balance.

Top Bottom