• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Tournament Weekend: CEO & Dreamhack Summer [CPT Premier] [06/16/17-06/19/17]

Prepare for delays tomorrow. Smash 4 starts off the day at 10AM EST, and they only have two hours to play tomorrow. Then it's Pokken top 16, and they have only two hours to play until Tekken top 8.

....Smash 4 has 4 hours allotted in the schedule

Hyun Sai

I would think someone so in love with Street Fighter V would want a player like Filipino Champ to win. His success gives more proof that the game is not only diverse in terms of character balance but also in methods of gameplay.

But I guess that thread of mine got under people's skin.

Can't make blanket, empty statements about Street Fighter V gameplay being good if someone who knows what they're talking about reveals that its actually trashy.

If FChamp was praising SFV, you would be sure he would suddenly be a legit SFV player.

I don't like the guy, but I can recognize he is legit enough to know what he is talking about.

Can you show where you seen that?

CEO2017schedulefinal.png

TacosNSalsa

Don't they normally have some really elaborate exhibition matches or something like that in the ring? Did did it happen already ?

And you wanted me to fight that Claudio smh trying to get me killed

I played ZTS on Friday (casuals).
It was...painful.

BTW more people need to do what they can to attend fighting game events. They are, in my opinion, absolutely amazing.
They've been far more entertaining than any of the other vacations I've taken.

Last match last round is not sucking
Came down to some luck

And you wanted me to fight that Claudio smh trying to get me killed

2 bad reads cost me. It's okay. Chop & me have known each other for 10 years. If I had to go out to someone I'd want it to be him.

i wanted to see you against rip again too :(

He sure didn't. He was rooting like crazy for Pokchop. I could hear him clear as day. Lol

petran79

Banned
....u sure bout that?

Narrative was basically this:

GG takes longer than expected to finish, so Melee viewers flock due to the tournament schedule.

They see GG finals. Comments such a "boring wheebish game","where is Melee",etc.
GG viewers get pissed off. "Melee is not a fighting game","watch the true pros play GG and go to next level",etc
Then comments start like "Smash players are autistic 12 year olds",etc

A copy paste message appears for a whole 20 minutes before mods start autodeleting it before it gets read.

Then I realized a final was taking place

On Tekken stream on the other hand,God forbid you are black and fat.

myco666

They gonna reveal the next SFV character tonight or nah?

For the past two characters Capcom has teased the reveals by changing the Street Fighter twitter profile image (icy sfv logo for Kolin and purple haze for Ed). Since it is still just purple I assume no reveal today.

MrCarter

For the past two characters Capcom has teased the reveals by changing the Street Fighter twitter profile image (icy sfv logo for Kolin and purple haze for Ed). Since it is still just purple I assume no reveal today.

Then it wouldn't be a suprise ;)

I've learnt not to expect anything so we'll see what happens.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I played ZTS on Friday (casuals).
It was...painful.

BTW more people need to do what they can to attend fighting game events. They are, in my opinion, absolutely amazing.
They've been far more entertaining than any of the other vacations I've taken.

Can confirm, have made a few trips and it's always good times and making friends :)

Injustice 2 is shaping up to be a fun ride this tournament season. There were seemingly impossible comebacks all day yesterday and Friday night. Really fun to watch.

ScribbleD

CEO next year is moving to a bigger venue at Daytona Beach. Nov is when the tickets go on sale. Arena finals for Sat and Sunday. The place is right near the beach. It looks sick.

HardRojo

CEO next year is moving to a bigger venue at Daytona Beach. Nov is when the tickets go on sale. Arena finals for Sat and Sunday. The place is right near the beach. It looks sick.

Damn, I'm gonna try and go next year. A friend is there this year and I'm pretty sure he'll go back next year.

Top Bottom