• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol yeah, might not be a bad idea for figures in the same series. I feel like that's why Wave makes hexagonal bases for the beach queens. They want people to make a beach army.

What's weird about it is that the base locks with the base of another figure....of the same character?!

So she can sit down and stare at her own ass? Is that how it works?

What's weird about it is that the base locks with the base of another figure....of the same character?!

That's definitely the part I don't get. Unless Fiona is the Wing CEOs waifu and this is only the beginning. All Fiona, all the time.

chrono01

Sir, I like you.

I think the overall price including shipping will be 9500 yen since its 2000 yen for shipping, right? BTW if you preorder her during July 28-Aug 5, does GSC charge your for the full amount then?
Don't worry. Payment isn't due until shipment [usually a few weeks prior, as they tend to charge early-on]. You definitely aren't charged up-front.

I'm hoping that Wing releases the other two characters as seen in the below illustration, and have all of the bases lock together. It would be an amazing set-piece.

ibbOlKX17LsBkW.jpg

sca2511

Fiona looks great. Really liking the green in the figure, makes it very attractive. Too bad I don't really know where she's from, so I'll have to pass. Just requested the cancellation from amiami, kept it short and polite as recommended.

Giolon

L2 Elves and now Psylocke? You have good taste :D

So Fiona from Border Break(SEGA arcade third person mech shooter) has been painted and should be up for order soon. Based on Shunya Yamashita's artwork:

I quite like this figure, but I have a lot of pre-orders already and I'm not familiar with the manufacturer so I'll have to see what the price is and all that.

The lipstick is a little heavy but HHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG! This is my new most wanted figure. I loved the sculpt and the painting didn't screw it up, even if the shading overall looks a little flat.

johnsmith

remember me
That Fiona looks nice, and she'd fit in well with my other Shunya figures, but I'm also trying to cut back on my orders (especially with Wonderfes around the corner). I have a feeling she won't be cheap, as everybody seems to be raising prices across the board.

Damn that fiona looks sick!

I managed to get a daisy earlier but kind of regretting it. I didn't realize how tall she was till I read up more. She won't really fit with the 1/7 /1/8 figure mix I have going and she won't fit with the marvel 1/6 stuff or PFs I have :( ...ah well(this is probably going to make me buy more 1/6 figures from amiami...sigh)

That iron man artfx is a great piece but I wish I knew how to sculpt and paint because I want to make the broken ground trailer even longer for a dream diorama I have in mind(don't want to spoil it though)
Man, I want this because it's just so weird. But ooof, dat 12,000¥ price tag. It's exclusive.
That is beyond ridiculous lol. Way too much fan service for my liking

LiK

Man, I want this because it's just so weird. But ooof, dat 12,000¥ price tag. It's exclusive.

yeesh, the Plastikitty editor sure hates that figure just because she's one of those sexy designs. don't really get what's so "tacky" about it compared to some other sexy figs i've seen. i like it. too bad it's an exclusive.

yeesh, the Plastikitty editor sure hates that figure just because she's one of those sexy designs. don't really get what's so "tacky" about it compared to some other sexy figs i've seen. i like it. too bad it's an exclusive.

Some of has have a different limit of what we find acceptable to display. My tolerance is lower than most people in this thread. I have nothing against people liking more revealing or provocative figures, but to me they look a bit tacky. At the end of the day as long as we collect what we like that's all that matters I guess right :).

Anyone else paint collect gundam/mecha kits here?

chrono01

I don't dislike the figure as much as Plastikitty does, but I can understand why some might find an issue with it.

I still won't pre-order it to add to my collection, but I don't feel in any way "negative" towards it.

I just wish Alter would re-release Bounty Hunter Yoko. -_-

LiK

Some of has have a different limit of what we find acceptable to display. My tolerance is lower than most people in this thread. I have nothing against people liking more revealing or provocative figures, but to me they look a bit tacky. At the end of the day as long as we collect what we like that's all that matters I guess right :).

yea, i would not want to display that out in the open either but i find the design super cute and sexy. it's just weird she seemed so offended by it considering there are way more "tacky" figures out there. It also annoys me that she mentions that "she's 14". as if that makes any difference with all the other underage anime characters out there. ex: Rei and Asuka from EVA who are also 14 have a ton of figures in provocative poses. Sorry, it's a pet peeve when those toy sites pick and choose what they wanna critique and ignore the rest. ^_^;;;

I'm hoping that Wing releases the other two characters as seen in the below illustration, and have all of the bases lock together. It would be an amazing set-piece.

I'm going to have to think carefully about this. If I do get Fiona, I'd probably be in it for the rest of them.

The last kit I bought new was the MG Zaku II Shin Matsunaga Custom Ver. 2.0 and it's still in the box.

Don't know if anyone mentioned it, but the GSC booth at AX has some The World is Mine Miku figures (the one in the frame). It's a tad pricey at $100, but seeing as it's usually 8000+ yes for used, it might be worth grabbing.

I would have bought one, but I have way too much Miku in my life. Same goes for DX Love is War; it was so tempting...

LiK

Don't know if anyone mentioned it, but the GSC booth at AX has some The World is Mine Miku figures (the one in the frame). It's a tad pricey at $100, but seeing as it's usually 8000+ yes for used, it might be worth grabbing.

I would have bought one, but I have way too much Miku in my life. Same goes for DX Love is War; it was so tempting...

i would like to see your Miku displays

LiK

Yoko is just tacky by design. There's no way to make a figure of her that's not pervy.

That being said, if this ever gets a rerelease (not likely) I'll be there day one.

i passed on that cuz i saw the sculpt from the original GK and it had a more realistic face. it looked better, imo. they anime'd her up.

yea, i'm glad i got a Figma of her a while back. Seems like she's pretty damn popular.

I just wish Alter would re-release Bounty Hunter Yoko. -_-

Heh. Me too. Nippon-Yasan has her for like, $300. I'm thinking of tossing her out to someone as a birthday present. But of course right after I do, they'll probably announce a re-release.

That being said, if this ever gets a rerelease (not likely) I'll be there day one.

That one is pretty awesome. It's a bit disorienting when they do realistic takes on anime characters, but I dig it.

I'm going to have to think carefully about this. If I do get Fiona, I'd probably be in it for the rest of them.

See, I'm having second thoughts about her, now. Look at the eye-catching green base... Take that away, and is there really anything so appealing about the figure that you need to have her?

johnsmith

remember me
See, I'm having second thoughts about her, now. Look at the eye-catching green base... Take that away, and is there really anything so appealing about the figure that you need to have her?

It's Shunya. I like his art. If they make a figure out of the other two characters I'm going to need to complete my set.

I'll wait until pre-orders start then decide. Want to see how she's secured to the crate.

It's Shunya. I like his art. If they make a figure out of the other two characters I'm going to need to complete my set.

See, that's exactly why I avoided the Seven Sins figures. I don't want to feel obligated to complete a set just for the sake of having them all. But at this rate, we're going to have a dozen Fiona figures before they decide to move on.

Want to see how she's secured to the crate.

By her buttocks.

See, that's exactly why I avoided the Seven Sins figures. I don't want to feel obligated to complete a set just for the sake of having them all. But at this rate, we're going to have a dozen Fiona figures before they decide to move on.

I don't plan on getting Fiona Kazama Raita Ver. IMO it looks terrible. Being a completionist sucks in this hobby.

At this point I'm kind of assuming that future figures will be of similar quality to this one.

By her buttocks.

Does it involve the use of a peg?

Giolon

What's funny to me is the Plastikitty author gives Sonico a free pass on all the tackiness or "unrealisticness". She complained about Kongiku's balloon boobs while praising Sonico's "realistic" figure in a post from the same couple days. Her boobs are usually the size of her head...

chrono01

What's funny to me is the Plastikitty author gives Sonico a free pass on all the tackiness or "unrealisticness". She complained about Kongiku's balloon boobs while praising Sonico's "realistic" figure in a post from the same couple days.
To be fair, the majority of Sonico figures are more realistic in the sense that she's a lot more..."meaty" compared to other girls. But yes, she's incredibly busty as well.

I do admit that their anger towards Kongiku was un-deserved, but it wasn't just them that had a problem with it. A lot of people seemed to hate her "gravity-defying breasts", when it reality it was based off of original artwork [and quite accurately, I might add].

Yes, it might look more out-of-place when it's seen outside of the game its based on, but that doesn't dis-credit the fact that it WAS based on something, and from the original artist. It wasn't altered so the sculptor could...*ahem!*..."emphasize certain areas...

Regardless, I think those that own Kongiku can attest to her beauty. She's incredible [although I will choose not to use to light-up lantern, from what I've read the battery doesn't last long and is a pain to install correctly -_-].

I want that because I don't have enough Yokos :(

Also, Sonico are probably some of the most tackiest popular figures around. It doesn't help that her face looks so young and cutesy and her tits are ginormous. I've only got the nendoroid, but I aim to only get the clothed figures of her. Currently waiting on the gift figure and cheerleader version!

And a cheap Griffon Alleyne (megahouse's is probably better)
2,020 yen
missing weapon
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-0832

That's actually a decent figure. All the Griffon stuff I've seen recently is just bad. They are fucking up SAO consistently. For example:

bN9hkvd.jpg

I want that because I don't have enough Yokos :(

Also, Sonico are probably some of the most tackiest popular figures around. It doesn't help that her face looks so young and cutesy and her tits are ginormous. I've only got the nendoroid, but I aim to only get the clothed figures of her. Currently waiting on the gift figure and cheerleader version!

I'm always tempted by Yoko figures. I own the Max Factory one above, and Alter's BH one. I might look for the 1/6 Gift though.

As for Sonico, I've really never liked any of them except for that Tiger Parker Gift one you mentioned. Full clothed and pretty cute. Can't be far off since the picture I saw was painted.

I'm always tempted by Yoko figures. I own the Max Factory one above, and Alter's BH one. I might look for the 1/6 Gift though.

As for Sonico, I've really never liked any of them except for that Tiger Parker Gift one you mentioned. Full clothed and pretty cute. Can't be far off since the picture I saw was painted.

I forgot that there's a Shunya one coming too! Day 1.

Going to London film and comic con. Gonna see what I can grab!

Blusby

Hopefully GSC brings out the goods, and by that I mean some Eva Q figmas. Maybe some company will surprise me this year with some Umineko stuff, but why get so optimistic?

Hopefully GSC brings out the goods, and by that I mean some Eva Q figmas. Maybe some company will surprise me this year with some Umineko stuff, but why get so optimistic?

Meh. Figmas. I really can't wait to see what they come up with in regards to Attack on Titan.

LiK

What's funny to me is the Plastikitty author gives Sonico a free pass on all the tackiness or "unrealisticness". She complained about Kongiku's balloon boobs while praising Sonico's "realistic" figure in a post from the same couple days. Her boobs are usually the size of her head...

Yea, I'm gonna avoid giving a shit what that author thinks is realistic or not. Don't show her those One Piece female figures. She might have an aneurism.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I tried to start a thread for actual plastic models, the kind you have to build/paint yourself, but it didn't get much traction. Not many modelers on Gaf it seems. Too much work I wonder?

Anyone else want to talk about new kits and building though here is the thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485411

Yeah, I didn't even bother posting any of my stuff in there after I saw how inactive it was. I do love doing models though...It's a REALLY rewarding hobby, but it's not nearly as easy to get into as some folks make it out to be.

LiK

I tried to start a thread for actual plastic models, the kind you have to build/paint yourself, but it didn't get much traction. Not many modelers on Gaf it seems. Too much work I wonder?

Anyone else want to talk about new kits and building though here is the thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485411

whoa, love the OT. i buy them but it seems like a lot of work so i never got into it. i just build them but i don't paint or try any other fancy methods. i subbed to your thread for the info tho. i don't really have the workspace for putting together a kit with paint etc.

Jube3

Yea Barrel I do, I'm currently working on this bust. Still have a bit of work to put in (panel line/wash, decals and some detail painting) but I'm proud of it because it was my first time working with LEDs and wiring and the lights worked! lol

9057983630_6e694d8d9c.jpg

This is my bookshelf with most of my kits, minus a PG MKII and a few busts/sds. I need to get some glass doors to cover up the kits. Most of them are painted but quite a few still aren't 100% finished, mostly waiting on waterslides.
9221465441_70ed70742a_z.jpg

That Gundam bust is straight up amazing. I've considered getting one or two figures/kits like that since I've been reading the Vertical releases of MSG Origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom