• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT| Where has all of my money gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMI

Banned
Yeah, she looks great.

Moeyo's pictures of her though...wow. I cannot post them here [since the site/pictures aren't exactly SFW] but I am impressed.

Hopefully with the amount of new pictures released it means pre-orders will be opened soon!

woah... uh, yeah, provocative to say the least.

0rokSDJ.jpg

I need that western localisation announcement =(

I honestly wasn't a big fan of Panty & Stocking. But I might grab that figure.

I got an email from Hobbysearch this morning saying that they shipped my Black Hanekawa. Hooray!

I really want a good stocking figure. Not really liking alters due to hair. Wouldn't mind if orchid seed made a cop outfit of her.

RMI

Banned
I need that western localisation announcement =(

I've got the JP version coming in the mail in a day or two. Hopefully it's not too unintelligible with my very basic JP language abilities. A friend of mine kind of roped me into getting it, otherwise I would have probably waited too.

chrono01

o man, re-thinking about getting melty as well. Alter's melty looks pretty sweet.
Do it! She will be amazing, I am confident in this.

On that note, Max Factory's Melty will apparently go up for pre-order tomorrow. She looks nice, but Alter's version looks better in my personal opinion.

iEWEdqLUcF1DL.jpg

On that note, Max Factory's Melty will apparently go up for pre-order tomorrow. She looks nice, but Alter's version looks better in my personal opinion.

iEWEdqLUcF1DL.jpg

my (female) friend wants me to get both T.T. My poor wallet if I do

chrono01

my (female) friend wants me to get both T.T. My poor wallet if I do
Your wallet will definitely suffer, but you will have two great figures in exchange.

That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. If it helps, Melty from max Factory should be considerably cheaper than Alter [probably around 7,000 yen], so grabbing both won't be that painful.

...Maybe.

johnsmith

remember me
That Max Factory Melty will be like 9k yen. Prices have gone up permanently I think. Probably due to Japan's yen losing strength vs the Chinese yuan. All these figures are manufactured in China.

chrono01

That Max Factory Melty will be like 9k yen. Prices have gone up permanently I think. Probably due to Japan's yen losing strength vs the Chinese yuan. All these figures are manufactured in China.
She's already been listed as having a price-tag of 8381 yen and she'll be even cheaper with store discounts. Hopefully they'll give a decent percentage off.

I think I'll pass, though. As great as she looks, I'm content with the one from Alter.

Anony

finished building my epyon (well, i finish a LONG time ago, i didnt put on the stickers and decals, and that took a LONG time)
i wish i could afford a base right now, cant do much posing without one

also cleaned up and rearranged my cases, i'll take some pics later maybe

o man, re-thinking about getting melty as well. Alter's melty looks pretty sweet.

I forgot I had Melty pre-ordered until I saw the pics of Max Factory's today. It's been a while. The sculpt is awesome, but it was done by Hane Motokatsu whose last figure was Selvaria in 2010, so there you go.

I'll pass on Max Factory's I think, because as much as I prefer their output in general and 1/7 scale, Melty's original outfit is where it's at. I also want to scale back purchases in 2014 if at all possible(lol maybe).

meijiko

iEWEdqLUcF1DL.jpg

No witch hat, no sale for me. But I think with the Kotobukiya and Alter versions, she'll still be well represented in my collection.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

Gonna have to give these a go now that they are doing something I'm interested in, looks awesome.

Storm shadow finally came in, my GI Joe shelf is done! I was going to pick up the 4 guys but decided to pass on The Rock and Bruce Willis. I will wait for a John Mclaine version instead.
9905233924_a06a89fac7.jpg

The badassness on that shelf is awesome, still waiting for my UK seller to get Storm Shadow in, my Snake Eyes is lonely.

RMI

Banned
lol @ gamestop. Not surprising considering their recent pricing for "used" copies of Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Do it.

You know you want to.

I really do, that's the problem. But she's what? Almost 10" tall with the base and everything? That's a pretty good size for a 1/8.

Edit: Melty ordered. :p

I got her from HLJ, even though she's $10 more. That's where I have Kabuto ordered, and I'm not paying two separate shipping fees.

chrono01

I really do, that's the problem. But she's what? Almost 10" tall with the base and everything? That's a pretty good size for a 1/8.
Yeah, she's just under 10".

I love the uniqueness of the figure over all. To be completely honest, I don't even know of the source material at all nor who she is, but I must have her!

Unfortunately she's been hit by the "Delay Hammer" more than a few times. ~_~

I love the uniqueness of the figure over all. To be completely honest, I don't even know of the source material at all nor who she is, but I must have her!

Unfortunately she's been hit by the "Delay Hammer" more than a few times. ~_~

She's from one of the Shining games. Shining Wind, maybe? But she is a cutie. Absolute last 2013 figure I'm ordering. That's it. Done. 2014 loot from here on.

johnsmith

remember me
So here's my e2046 Mitsuru next to Koto's. Overall, I like her. She's huge. The paint job is good, but not perfect. Some of the finer details like on her belt are sloppy, and they didn't even try to hide the hair seam. It's obviously not a Max Factory level of quality, but overall, she doesn't look bad, or like a counterfeit. She's glossy where she should be glossy, and matte where she should be, and overall it's a pretty good paint job. She was very pricey though, mainly because of the size, and cost $157 after shipping. So I'm definitely not making a habit out of buying prepainted figures from e2046. But I made an exception here because I loved the figure, and loved the character and series, and because it's doubtful this was ever going to be made into a mass produced figure. If it's something that a legit company is producing, there's no way I'll touch e2046's version, but if it's something that's very unlikely to ever get mass produced, I might consider it. They have a couple of Grand Knights History figures I might get if they release prepainted versions of.

Look at the position of the bracers, though. The wrists are in the same position as they were in the sculpt. So is the hand gripping the dagger, for that matter.

That's a pretty sexy swimsuit for a loli, sir.

is she a loli? I know nothing about that kind of stuff beside the obvious ones.

Cheska

So here's my e2046 Mitsuru next to Koto's. Overall, I like her. She's huge. The paint job is good, but not perfect. Some of the finer details like on her belt are sloppy, and they didn't even try to hide the hair seam. It's obviously not a Max Factory level of quality, but overall, she doesn't look bad, or like a counterfeit. She's glossy where she should be glossy, and matte where she should be, and overall it's a pretty good paint job. She was very pricey though, mainly because of the size, and cost $157 after shipping. So I'm definitely not making a habit out of buying prepainted figures from e2046. But I made an exception here because I loved the figure, and loved the character and series, and because it's doubtful this was ever going to be made into a mass produced figure. If it's something that a legit company is producing, there's no way I'll touch e2046's version, but if it's something that's very unlikely to ever get mass produced, I might consider it. They have a couple of Grand Knights History figures I might get if they release prepainted versions of.

Wowza! What scale is that?

Jessicat

I just bought my first two detolfs from ikea! :D Any tips on assembly, lighting, etc? Will probably be using one for figures, the other to display some (breakable) dragon statues in my living room ^^; I know I need more than 2 of these though, rofl.
I heard of a local place here that sells used store displays, thinking of taking a peek there to see if there's anything that would work in my "geek room" as I call it :p anyone have experience with stuff like that or does everyone default to detolf? XD

She's 310 years old.

Pre-order cancelled. Not into olds.

I just bought my first two detolfs from ikea! :D Any tips on assembly, lighting, etc? Will probably be using one for figures, the other to display some (breakable) dragon statues in my living room ^^; I know I need more than 2 of these though, rofl.
I heard of a local place here that sells used store displays, thinking of taking a peek there to see if there's anything that would work in my "geek room" as I call it :p anyone have experience with stuff like that or does everyone default to detolf? XD

I'm not sure I can offer any info outside of the obvious, since assembly is pretty straightforward with 2 people. Spiral wrap works well for hiding lighting cables(mine are Ikea dioders). Clear for the body and black for the top(if you bought black and have the cables exit there). I did consider using bigger, more purpose built displays than detolfs and a billy, but that seemed like something I should measure for and do correctly in a house I own, rather than rent. Maybe next year.

Congrats anyway, it's great having somewhere to properly display your stuff!

Oh, and detolfs work best raised off the ground in my opinion. Example of raised vs. ground:

I fitted the doors after raising the detolfs because less weight to lift, and both me and my housemates are comically skinny and not built to lift more than a smartphone for any length of time.

kewlmyc

Pre-order cancelled. Not into olds.

I'm not sure I can offer any info outside of the obvious, since assembly is pretty straightforward with 2 people. Spiral wrap works well for hiding lighting cables(mine are Ikea dioders). Clear for the body and black for the top(if you bought black and have the cables exit there). I did consider using bigger, more purpose built displays than detolfs and a billy, but that seemed like something I should measure for and do correctly in a house I own, rather than rent. Maybe next year.

Congrats anyway, it's great having somewhere to properly display your stuff!

Oh, and detolfs work best raised off the ground in my opinion. Example of raised vs. ground:

I fitted the doors after raising the detolfs because less weight to lift, and both me and my housemates are comically skinny and not built to lift more than a smartphone for any length of time.

Is Ikea the only place to buy Detolfs? If so, that sucks since there isn't one in my state...

RocBase

I want the exclusive cleaner one...would get AoT ones but probably just Jean and Erens...Levis good in other media forms...

Apparently the exclusive is the regular version, but with the extra cleaning parts? I might just settle with that one too. Jean would be pretty cool to have, but I have the dreading feeling we won't see anyone beyond Eren, Mikasa and Levi...at least until a good while anyway.

Also we're getting a figure of the best Free!, Makoto Tachibana! This news is fantastic but Haru's prototype is still no where in sight. I really want to see what they're basing it on.

https://twitter.com/hs_takepiko/status/382808463618752514

Alter's making a figure for Free!. I give them credit for making male characters in swimming gear instead of female ones.

This is assuming they're even in their swimming gear! I mean I'd hope so but...you never know, what if they just have them in their school uniform instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom